Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:22:33 PM EDT
Waiting for a job in Central Florida, got priced out of the real estate market here in south Florida, insurance etc way outta control, can anyone feed back on Gainesville or Lakeland my 2 first choices or Daytona Beach or Deland my two final desperate choices. Tell me what real estate values are and general quality of life issues. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Just bought 5 acres in Alachua (Gainesville) for $62,500.  Will be building a house there this summer.

I love the area.  I've been in Florida since 1968 and think that area has the most to offer:

1) away from south florida
2) close enough to everything and yet far enough away from tourists
3) limited spanish speaking people (I HATE THAT IN THIS COUNTRY)

If you have any interest in that area, IM me and I'll be glad to forward you the information on my realtor so you can get info for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Deland isn't too bad yet.  Daytona Beach housing market is going through the roof.  Average 3/2 going for $230k on the low end and $380k on the high end.  Average wage per family in Daytona $23k, Holly Hill $20k, Ormond Beach $70K, Port Orange is $52k.  Don't know about Deland.

IM me for more info.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just bought 5 acres in Alachua (Gainesville) for $62,500.  Will be building a house there this summer.

I love the area.  I've been in Florida since 1968 and think that area has the most to offer:

1) away from south florida
2) close enough to everything and yet far enough away from tourists
3) limited spanish speaking people (I HATE THAT IN THIS COUNTRY)

If you have any interest in that area, IM me and I'll be glad to forward you the information on my realtor so you can get info for yourself.

God bless you at least for #3, you cannot even put a monetary value on that
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Deland isn't too bad yet.  Daytona Beach housing market is going through the roof.  Average 3/2 going for $230k on the low end and $380k on the high end.  Average wage per family in Daytona $23k, Holly Hill $20k, Ormond Beach $70K, Port Orange is $52k.  Don't know about Deland.

IM me for more info.

I would commute a little if I had to work at Daytona Bch, I dont wanna live close to the beach anymore, further inland, further inland I have to keep repeating to myself. I have seen some cheap realestate in Deland.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top