Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 12:16:21 PM EDT
I was looking to get some magazines for my 1911 style pistol.

I found a few places that refer to Wilson as being the best there is.

For a Colt 1911, are the Wilsons better than factory replacement mags in how they function,
or are they better because they are just as good as a factory replacement, but half the cost?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Function much better, fit better most of the time.

And they look cool!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 5 of the Wilson mags, I have never had a malfunction with them, but I havent had any problems with my much cheaper  Metalform or GI mags either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have 5 of the Wilson mags, I have never had a malfunction with them, but I havent had any problems with my much cheaper  Metalform or GI mags either.

My understanding is that Metalform is an OEM for Colt mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 12 Wilsons and 6 factory mags for my Springfield 1911.  (Hey, I'm a mag whore!  )  All of them have functioned flawlessly, but the Wilsons just feel much nicer.  The followers move much more smoothly inside the mag body, and they're very easy to load.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
"Gun Magazines (for holding bullets, not for reading) "

I am as bad as the clip/magazine Nazis.

Magazines hold CARTRIDGES.  

Bullets are on the front end of CARTRIDGES and are the things that squirt out of the barrel and poke holes in your intended target.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
wilson mags are among the best.

I just picked a up Novak mag and am really impressed with it as well.  Haven't shot it enough to trust it %100 yet, but everything looks good (welds, follower, spring strength)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bullets are on the front end of CARTRIDGES and are the things that squirt out of the barrel and poke holes in your intended target.

You got me.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Wilson are reputed to be the best, Chip McCormick are very good, also.  I've used many of their Shooting Star magazines, and have had 0 failures.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got me.  

It takes a BIG man to admit that you were wrong!

He has a good point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top