Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 9:35:43 AM EDT
The town of La Verkin has recently banned the U.N.  Nobody associated with the U.N. can use city owned property.

The town of Escalante passed a law that every house has to have a gun and ammunition for it.  It seems that there are too many environmentalists that have become a nusance.  Escalante national park is near by.  There has been occasions where environmentalists blocked the roads.  Solution, arm the town.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
what if don't have a gun?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know.  I think you have to register as a concientous objector or something like that.  There is no way for them to know one way or another.  I just think the people in this town have a lot of balls to make a law like this.  Especially with all the ani-gun propaganda going around.  It is good to see it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Utah is a more sheltered state from all the anti-crap. Mainly because most of the population is Mormon. Mormons tend to be highly conservative and this decision doesn't really surprise me. Now if this desicion had come out of Kali, then I might have fainted...
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Having a law requiring firearms ownership is as against the nature of freedom as having a law banning it.  Remember that "choice" is the keyword here.  Either way, the government doesn't allow the citizen to choose.

I'm sure the penalty for not obeying is very minor and there has been no attempt at enforcement.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#5]
...and don't forget the whole "multiple wives" thing.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Best to error on the side of common sense, if it can be judged an error. These are special times that require special remedies, Good job Utah.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I grew up on a dairy farm in Utah. The country area was great. But now that same area is ruled by polynesian gangs.
I live in Idaho now. The governor here says he wants Idaho to be the most 2nd ammendment friendly state.
If I had to choose between the 2 now, I would still choose Idaho, although Utah would be a very close second.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Driftpunch, you have a duty as a citizen to defend the nation, more specifically your state.  It is not a choice.  Preventing the ownership of firearms is treasonous in my thinking.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't Utah the state that banned the carry of legal concealed weapons just for the next Olympics?  I recall reading how much gun owners were demonized in the legislature when this was passed.  Apparently these Mormons have short memories when it comes to persecution.

Almost as short as modern liberal Jews.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#10]
CCW banned in Olympic Venues only.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I "hang out" in Montana and Idaho every year, and some close friend who I "hang" with (locals to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho) despise Utah.  They complain about the alcohol being to low in content, the Mormans (if you're not one, forget it), and the biggest gripe of all is the "search and seizure" roadblocks.  What they tell me is that the local athorities have the right to search you're vehicle at a "roadblock" for no reason at all.  Now keep in mind, they tell me this after more then a couple of beers, but I don't think they are yanking my chain.  Anybody from Utah who can confirm this?  I can't see how the locals can do this.  I've only passed through the state a couple of times with no problems...
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I "hang out" in Montana and Idaho every year, and some close friend who I "hang" with (locals to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho) despise Utah.  They complain about the alcohol being to low in content, the Mormans (if you're not one, forget it), and the biggest gripe of all is the "search and seizure" roadblocks.  What they tell me is that the local athorities have the right to search you're vehicle at a "roadblock" for no reason at all.  Now keep in mind, they tell me this after more then a couple of beers, but I don't think they are yanking my chain.  Anybody from Utah who can confirm this?  I can't see how the locals can do this.  I've only passed through the state a couple of times with no problems...
View Quote

amen. I grew up in Wyoming and am only in utah for college. I hate the place. Those damn mormons are assholes to me cause I'm not part of thier cult.  I say the hell with all of them, as if they are not going there anyways. The alcohol percent thing sucks.  There are thousands of attractive girls that are mormon, but won't talk to me because I'm not. They think that if I am not mormon then I must be a rapist. And the final straw.  I got in trouble for peeing on the brigham young statue. Ok, that one was my fault.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Enigma2yOu if it so bad there then get the f--k out and find some sleezy college town anywhere you like if that is what you want. I'm sure there are other places that can tend to your proclivities and you can stop belly aching. The post was about the towns that basically told the UN and treehuggers to piss off, and passed an ordiance that each home have a weapon.
Most of those that I talk to are strong supporters of the second adm. and carry where ever they go. The biggest problem in Utah is the gutless liberal flight from Kalif. They come in and immediately want to make the state a clone of where they come from. The governor and the state legislators are assholes who will bow down and kiss the ass of any national or local ban this or that group. That group has prostituted themselves, and are no better than those in Kalif. The pro gun groups have to continually fight against more restrictive laws to prevent the cowards in Salt Lake from trying to look politically correct in the eyes of those they bend over for.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#14]
2 teams I like. Brigham Young University and any team playing Wyoming.

If a persons hates the U so bad why not go to school in Laramie? wadda dick.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I have lived in Utah a few times and loved it.
Gods' country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top