Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:59 AM EDT
Take off the FSB and gas tube and replace the FSB with one without a gas port.  You would have a 'bolt action' AR.  Have to work the CH for each shot.  Ban goes away, put the original FSB and gas tube back on.  You could even get a bolt carrier with no gas key.  SHTF, put the original stuff back on. POW POW POW.

Whaddya think ??

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Better idea........no ban in the first place
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I like this idea better
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If this is your line of thinking, just hand over your weapons to the government

Quoted:

SHTF, put the original stuff back on. POW POW POW.

rj

Wake up.  If they banned your AR, the S has already HTF
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It does in England, they arent allowed to have gas tubes for their ARs.
One English guy ordered a rail system or handguards of some sort and almost got in serious trouble, as the rail system came with a new gas tube since the normal one wasnt compatible. He eventually managed to explain that he didnt want the gas tube and didnt know one came with the rest of the order; they let him have the rest of the equipment minus the tube.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in GA, Ain't gonna happen here.

I'm just thinking about the guys in other states like:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=5

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
IF there is another AWB there won't be a "way around it" like the last time with the Post ban/Pre ban game ........the emeny will make sure of that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
There will be no semiauto ban... for me anyway....

Come get them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Molon Labe
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#11]
It seems to me often it is left up to the ATF do determine what is within and without of the law.  Based on the silver solder/pin & weld thing of last time, I would think they would make you put a blob of weld in the gas tube hole in the upper receiver.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#12]
The receiver IS the gun in the US, so it ain't gonna work here. You could strip everything off the receiver and you still can't own the receiver if that model gun is outlawed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If this is your line of thinking, just hand over your weapons to the government

Quoted:

SHTF, put the original stuff back on. POW POW POW.

rj

Wake up.  If they banned your AR, the S has already HTF

'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#14]
We are probably going to have some attempt at a new ban soon. And without Delay the house may just pass it to shut the democrats up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That may not be the case here in IL . . .
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#16]
The American Revolution was a radical rejection of central government tyranny.  The 2nd amendment must be understood in that context.  It's intent was to give the people, viz the citizens, the necessary weponary to overthrow an oppressive government.  Bans on any class of weapons are a violation of the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The American Revolution was a radical rejection of central government tyranny.  The 2nd amendment must be understood in that context.  It's intent was to give the people, viz the citizens, the necessary weponary to overthrow an oppressive government.  Bans on any class of weapons are a violation of the 2nd amendment.

and in the real world................
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#18]
How about just not complying with the illegal and idiotic ban...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#19]
For those of you bravely saying "Just don't follow that idiotic law if it ever passes", how many unregistered machine guns do you have because of the idiotic law passed in 1986?

eta: That was a rhetorical question, btw.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
For those of you bravely saying "Just don't follow that idiotic law if it ever passes", how many unregistered machine guns do you have because of the idiotic law passed in 1986?

Only a real idiot would answer that question, if they're not complying with the law why in the hell would they go around telling people about it?

More than likely the reason they would still have one is because they know how to keep their mouth shut about it...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Good, because I don't think you'll get many answers...  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#23]
No a semi-auto ban would only affect left handed shooters who were cross eye dominant.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Machine guns were before my time.

I purchased my AR-15 LEGALLY.

I WILL NOT give up anything I've bought legally. I jumped through their hoops, they can not ban things after the fact.

- I will not give up my dogs

- I will not give up my sportscar

- I will not give up any weapons

I jumped through the hoops, obeyed the law.  It's immoral to change the rules after the fact.

Lastly, I don't have to have an MG to put up an effective resistance.   I do need a good semi-auto.  Once we given them  up, what do we fight with?  Muzzle loaders?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
VOTE FROM THE ROOF TOPS.

MOLON LABE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#26]
IF A SEMIAUTO BAN GOES INTO EFFECT ITS TIME FOR CIVIL DISOBIEDENCE!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#27]
You are all talking like macho troglodytes. I would do whatever .gov told me to do.
ssssshhhh. they're listening.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I WILL NOT give up anything I've bought legally. I jumped through their hoops, they can not ban things after the fact.

I jumped through the hoops, obeyed the law.  It's immoral to change the rules after the fact.

Lastly, I don't have to have an MG to put up an effective resistance.   I do need a good semi-auto.  Once we given them  up, what do we fight with?  Muzzle loaders?

Some muzzle loaders shoot .50's.  Thats enough to bring down a jet liner.  Don't you know anything?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some muzzle loaders shoot .50's.  Thats enough to bring down a jet liner.  Don't you know anything?

and it pierces 6ft of concrete thats been reenforced with 6inch steel plating at 7063638800 meters.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't say what I would do on here without the FBI knocking on my door in the morning.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#32]
*Two posts, ignor this one*
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The real question should be, if anybody here was offered a Class III gun for say, 500$ or even for free would you take it?

I personly wont ever give any of my weapons up for anyone. Rather be dead then live in communism(sp?).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#34]
It won't work.

Shortly after California initiated thier asault weapon ban, I looked into producing a pump action AR upper receiver for the California market.

Acoording to the CA DOJ, I would have to build a complete rifle that would not be compatible with standard AR-15 parts.  It could cosmetically look the same, but I could not simply build a new upper for an AR lower.  I would have to build a lower that could not be mated to or be capable of being altered to mate with a standard AR upper receiver.

Needless to say, even though the task was doable, the cost was prohibitive to say the least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top