Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 9:29:07 AM EDT
I picked up my M4gery the other day,and I was thinking.I've taking this thing backpacking,all day,in stressful summer Florida heat,and the rifle never seemed heavy.It's a VERY lightweight rifle.Durable and reliable too.I don't have mush experience with other rifles,but I'm pretty sure the AR-15 is one of the lightest.After hiking for a while,ANYTHING can feel heavy,but the AR-15 was still easy to carry.I was curious how heavy other rifles weight compared to the AR-15 in pounds.
(AR-10,FAL,HK-91,AKs)
I love my AR-15...it seems to be a beautiful combination of power,size,accuracy,capacity,and weight.Looks billy-badass too:)
Thanks people
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Nomad,
Is your M4 barrel with stepdown ie heavy up front?  Just curious?
Ralph
PS - 14.5" barrel or 16" barrel?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#2]
it's a 16" HBAR.No indents,just straight heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]
AGREE !

where do you go backpacking in Florida with a M4

everytime I bring mine to the beach,

people look at me ...

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Lake Gloria Preserve...I have not gone back there in a month or so,because of the recent rains have make the mosquito population explode.
Not to mention the west nile virus they could be carrying.Damn flying syringes they are.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Nomad - if it's a straight 16" HBAR, that more of a carbine than an M4.

What else ya got to qualify as an M4gery?

[red]***LEGAL DISCLAIMER****

This comment is not intended to infer or imply any degradation of the aforementioned person's rifle.  We do not consider an M4 or M4gery to be better or worse than any other AR-15.[/red]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#6]
well fight4yourrights,
It's got M4 handguards and a flattop.
It looks like an M4.
"What else ya got to qualify as an M4gery?"
--that was a rude and smartass comment.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Nomad-

I would disagree that it was a rude comment, after all you asked for relative weight comparisons without providing details on the specifics of your gun.  Therefore if you refer to it as an M4 but you lack the barrel profile, telescoping stock, detach. carry handle etc.  he cannot make an accurate statement concerning the weight of your rifle.

go here, to check out the weights of various AR parts:

[url]http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite&naventryid=146[/url]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
GD@!  Folks are touchy on this board!

I thought you might take it that way.  That's why I phrased the second sentance with a "ya", hoping to soften the sound of the statement.  Guess it didn't work.

Just goes to show the difference between printed comments and spoken.  SORRY!  NO OFFENSE INTENDED.

Besides, it ain't like M4's are the end all ultimate rifles.  What constitutes an M4gery anyway?  Barrel profile?  Collapsible stock? (or fixed collapsible), fat handguards? (Bushmaster's M4gery doesn't have them), RIS/RAS?  Sideswivel adapter?  Flattop?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#9]
To me an M4gery has all the features of the real thing, except the FH & bayo lug.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#10]
To me an M4gery has all the features of the real thing, except the FH & bayo lug.
View Quote

That would preclude all Post-Ban forgeries, since you can't have a true collapsible stock.

That also precludes all guns except Colt, since they are the only ones with the patented feedramps.

Not too many M4geries left under that definition, even our LEGP wouldn't be eligible - for the aforementioned reasons, plus the barrel profile doesn't perfectly match a true M4 profile.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#11]
sorry.I was angry at the time of reading because my german shepard bit me for the first time ever.I think the T-storm outside spooked him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#12]
My german shepard used to hide under the bed during a thunderstorm and shake the whole thing.  Felt like an earthquake!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would preclude all Post-Ban forgeries, since you can't have a true collapsible stock.

That also precludes all guns except Colt, since they are the only ones with the patented feedramps.

Not too many M4geries left under that definition, even our LEGP wouldn't be eligible - for the aforementioned reasons, plus the barrel profile doesn't perfectly match a true M4 profile.
View Quote

Mr. Freakin literal ain't ya. If I have to spell out all of the possible options & weather they actually fuction I wouldn't get anything else done today. Tell ya what, you list your definition, do not generalize a basic idea of what one "looks" like.... Besides that's why they are forgerys. They aren't the real thing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
At least we all HAVE some kind of AR15! Think of all those poor underprivledged kids out there that are doing without.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I much more prefer to call my BM an AR15 in M4 configuration. Mine is no forgery.

As far as weight reduction, I know for a fact that my 9mm carbine in M4 configuration is much lighter and handier now that I have had the barrel turned down from a HBAR. Especially with the heavy bolt carrier that 9mm's have and the heavy steel mags it uses.

As far as I am concerned, since I had this custom made and don't know of anyone else with a 9mm M4, anyone else that has one made in the future will have to call theirs forgerys.  Huh, Door Kicker Forgerys I kinda like the sound of that. He He JK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top