User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:51:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#2]
One of my favorite things about the Brits is their use of the word "row".
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Looks about right to me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Hope those fucks don't read ARFCOM....they'd shit a brick.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Yeah - this story has been going on for a while now in Denmark (a few months, I believe).  

The newspaper has received numerous death threats against their employees, lots of muslim countries have complained to the Danish government - and don't seem to comprehend the concept of "freedom of the press", despite repeated attempts by the Danish prime minister to explain it to them  The whole concept of holding the Danish government accountable for the actions of a newspaper is completely retarded.

Generally, the Danes don't give a shit if someone is "offended" by something as trivial as cartoons in a privately owned newspaper - but there is concern on the side of the government that Saudi Arabia and other arab countries are starting to boycott Danish goods, which could really hurt the economy (thank god those idiots don't eat pork, because we export a lot of that ).

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Those people need to lighten the fuck up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/muhammedwesterga_1.jpg

Looks about right to me.

Truth hurts...Fook the Saudi's
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not like someone wiped their butt with Muhammad's towel or something.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not going to happen any time soon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess we could just bomb them then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

What does the jibberish on his diaper-hat say?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Good Fuckin' Riddance.

How can we get them to recall their envoy to the US?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

It's the secret ingredient in Halal Meat.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah - this story has been going on for a while now in Denmark (a few months, I believe).  

The story includes Norway and Sweden as well. The Norwegian christian weekly newspaper Magazinet published the images a while ago, and for some reason Sweden is also a part of the RoP hate list although the über-PC Swedes have done nothing to insult the RoPers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#17]
tag - hoping that someone will post all of the images in question.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Light fuze, retire immidiately to a safe distance, always wear eye protection'

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#19]
It's funny...

These useless fucktards have no problems committing the most heinous acts of atrocity on each other and the rest of mankind but yet when someone does something that offends them, they get all kinds of spittie-lipped and pissed off...

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#20]
The huge irony and hipocracy is that while the Danish newspaper perhaps exercised slightly poor judgment in publishing the pictures - the offense they caused was largely unintentional.  It was an unintentional insult to SOME muslims (not all muslims are fanatical about the whole issue about depicticions of the prophet).   Plus, the newspaper has apologized several times.

In contrast, muslims all over the world are burning Danish flags.  Unlike many other flags, the danish flag is very simple - in design and in meaning (in addition to being the oldest national flag in the world).  It is a CHRISTIAN CROSS on a plain red field.  After all, Denmark is a christian country, with a state church, headed by the monarch.

So while the newspaper might accidentally have offended some muslims by violating a rule that many Christians are not even aware of, these muslims are defacing and burning the most obvious and explicit symbol of Christianity.

Nice going, idiots.  

ETA: And the response of Christian Bishops in Denmark to muslims burning and defacing the most holy of all Christian images?  Tolerance and acceptance - not death threats, violence, and demands for government action against individual freedom of expression.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

+1
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unlike many other flags, the danish flag is very simple - in design and in meaning (in addition to being the oldest national flag in the world).  It is a CHRISTIAN CROSS on a plain red field.  After all, Denmark is a christian country, with a state church, headed by the monarch.

I used to live next to, and sometimes attend, Den Danske Sømandskirke when I was in the Navy, and based in London.

ANdy

I WISH there was one closer to me than freakin' New York !!  (or D.C.)  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unlike many other flags, the danish flag is very simple - in design and in meaning (in addition to being the oldest national flag in the world).  It is a CHRISTIAN CROSS on a plain red field.  After all, Denmark is a christian country, with a state church, headed by the monarch.

I used to live next to, and sometimes attend, Den Danske Sømandskirke when I was in the Navy, and based in London.

ANdy

I WISH there was one closer to me than freakin' New York !!  (or D.C.)  

I wish I could get some of that Danish pork.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Lighten up, Achmed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

It says "لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله" "There is no god but God and mohomad is his messenger." The basic saying of their religion.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

+1

Looks like a t-shirt waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

It says "لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله" "There is no god but God and mohomad is his messenger." The basic saying of their religion.

Yup, although I perfer the "There is no god but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet." for a better understanding of the religion.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

+1

Sure does!

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like a few Euro's might be growing  a small semblance of some testicles...

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4670370.stm

Muhammad cartoon row intensifies  

"Newspapers across Europe have reprinted caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad to show support for a Danish paper whose cartoons have sparked Muslim outrage.
Seven publications in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain all carried some of the drawings..."

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Having spent some time in the Middle East, I feel that I am perfectly justified in saying FUCK the "prophet" Mo- Hammy, or whatever his fuckin' name is, fuck all his AK-47 totin', suicide bombin' followers, wherever they may be. I'm so fuckin' sick of pandering to these murderers disguised as special interest groups.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

Yup, although I perfer the "There is no god but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet." for a better understanding of the religion.

I learned everything I needed to "understand" about ISLAM on 9-11-2001 personally...

Nuke them from orbit
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#33]
When the muslims defecated on the altar of a Christian church in the West Bank (2003 - Church of the Holy Sepulcure), how did the world's Christian leadership react?

Nod...

No wonder Westerners are such wimps in their eyes!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#34]
<comment removed by Arfcom dept of pre-coc-violations>

Danish paper receives bomb threat
www.isn.ethz.ch/news/sw/details.cfm?id=14642
ISN SECURITY WATCH (Wednesday, 1 February: 20.40 CET) – Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten has received a bomb threat a day after issuing an apology for publishing a series of derogatory cartoons depicting the Muslim Prophet Muhammed that have led to protests and a boycott of Danish products in a dozen countries.

Danish police told reporters that no bomb was found at the newspaper’s offices in Copenhagen and Arhus, after both were evacuated for a search.

The Danish daily has faced harsh criticism over the September publication of a 12 satirical cartoons considered by Muslims as blasphemous. One of the cartoons portrayed the Prophet Muhammed wearing a turban in the shape of a bomb.

Several Arab countries either have recalled their ambassadors and closed down their Danish embassies or announced plans to do so. Saudi Arabia recalled its ambassador last week, while Libya closed down its embassy in Denmark earlier this week. Denmark has warned its citizens against traveling to Saudi Arabia under the circumstances.

The Danish government has repeatedly defended the right to free speech.

On Monday, the editors of the Danish daily issued a statement, also published in Arabic, saying the cartoons were “not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologize”.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh welcomed the apology, and news agencies reported that Muslim groups in Denmark said they were satisfied with the apology.

But outside of Denmark, the apology has not been accepted, with the Arab world continuing to boycott Danish goods, forcing Europe’s largest dairy company, Danish Arla Foods, to shut down its plant Saudi Arabia on Monday.

In the meantime, religious leaders are using the internet and other media outlets to continue to campaign for the boycott.

On Wednesday, France joined in the controversy when French newspaper France-Soir republished all 12 of the Danish cartoons, saying it had the “right to make fun of God”, United Press International reported.

The French newspaper denounced what it called “religious intolerance that refuses to support any mockery, any satire, any gibes”.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#35]
All of the cartoons in question can now be viewed here:  www.humaneventsonline.com/sarticle.php?id=12146
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking ignorant savages.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks about right to me.

+1

Sure does!

Or a photoshop thread....

Taffy
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Jordanian tabloid invites fire-bombing or worse....

www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1889584,00.html

Jordan makes the leap

Meanwhile,  a Jordanian gossip tabloid on defiantly published three of the cartoons that have triggered outrage in the Arab and Muslim world.

"Muslims of the world, be reasonable," said the editor-in-chief of the weekly independent newspaper Al-Shihan in an editorial alongside the cartoons, including the one showing the Muslim religion's founder wearing a bomb-shaped turban.

"What brings more prejudice against Islam, these caricatures or pictures of a hostage-taker slashing the throat of his victim in front of the cameras or a suicide bomber who blows himself up during a wedding ceremony in Amman?" wrote Jihad Momani.

He told the AFP news service he decided to publish the offending cartoons "so people know what they are protesting about... People are attacking drawings that they have not even seen."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#39]
go daneland! uh, "danemark"? "denmark"? go vikings!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
go daneland! uh, "danemark"? "denmark"? go vikings!

Technically, the name of the country is DANMARK - but which for some reason has turned into Denmark in english.

"mark" means field in Danish, and old danish mythology (at least as explained by the historian Saxo Grammaticus in his 1186 book) holds that two brothers, Dan and Angel, were the original people there.  Dan decided to stay, and his brother Angel travelled west, to settle in what is England today.  Thus Danmark is "the field of Dan"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#41]
leave it to the French to wuss out on this issue

capitulating to these Islamists pisses me off

HOT NEWS 02.02.2006 Thursday - ISTANBUL 21:36

France Soir Fires Editor over Insulting Cartoons
By Cihan News Agency (aa), Paris
Published: Thursday, February 02, 2006
zaman.com

The French newspaper France Soir, which lent the front page of its Wednesday edition to insulting cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, has since fired its editor.

The owners of the paper removed Editor Jacques Lefranc from office less than 24 hours after the cartoons publication.

Besides the French daily, German Die Welt, Italian Della Serra and La Stampa, and Spanish Catalan El Periodico had published the same cartoons in support of the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, from which the “cartoon crisis” emerged when they published 12 drawings featuring Prophet Mohammed in early January.

The owner of France Soir Raymond Lakah told AFP that firing the editor should be read as “a strong sign of our respect of beliefs”.

“Because of these publications, we apologize to Muslims and all who were hurt,” Lakas said.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
leave it to the French to wuss out on this issue

capitulating to these Islamists pisses me off

HOT NEWS 02.02.2006 Thursday - ISTANBUL 21:36

France Soir Fires Editor over Insulting Cartoons
By Cihan News Agency (aa), Paris
Published: Thursday, February 02, 2006
zaman.com

The French newspaper France Soir, which lent the front page of its Wednesday edition to insulting cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, has since fired its editor.

The owners of the paper removed Editor Jacques Lefranc from office less than 24 hours after the cartoons publication.

Besides the French daily, German Die Welt, Italian Della Serra and La Stampa, and Spanish Catalan El Periodico had published the same cartoons in support of the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, from which the “cartoon crisis” emerged when they published 12 drawings featuring Prophet Mohammed in early January.

The owner of France Soir Raymond Lakah told AFP that firing the editor should be read as “a strong sign of our respect of beliefs”.

“Because of these publications, we apologize to Muslims and all who were hurt,” Lakas said.

Considering that France Soir is owned by EGYPTIANS, I don't think it is particularly surprising.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
there is concern on the side of the government that Saudi Arabia and other arab countries are starting to boycott Danish goods, which could really hurt the economy (thank god those idiots don't eat pork, because we export a lot of that ).

Not to worry - On pastry purchases alone, we could keep your nation's economy in the black...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Generally, the Danes don't give a shit if someone is "offended" by something as trivial as cartoons in a privately owned newspaper - but there is concern on the side of the government that Saudi Arabia and other arab countries are starting to boycott Danish goods, which could really hurt the economy (thank god those idiots don't eat pork, because we export a lot of that ).

DK-Prof: I support Denmark 100%! What sort of products does Denmark export to the US? I'll make an extra effort to buy those products!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, they can sell some of it here..........

Quoted:

The newspaper has received numerous death threats against their employees, lots of muslim countries have complained to the Danish government - and don't seem to comprehend the concept of "freedom of the press", despite repeated attempts by the Danish prime minister to explain it to them  The whole concept of holding the Danish government accountable for the actions of a newspaper is completely retarded.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top