Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2001 9:25:53 AM EDT
In preparation for Bush's announcement re: stem cell research....

Let's take a vote as to whether we are all fer' or agin' it.  Who knows?? Bush may be lurking here under the name of Imbroglio, or something. [:D]

Also, possibly a short explanation as to why.

AS I see it, there are actually two separate issues:

1. The source of the stem cells (i.e. aborted babies vs. afterbirth)

2. Whether we should be messing with ANY stem cells.

So, let's hear it. In deference to the weaker pukes among us, as a Mod, I'll refrain from offerring my opinion.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I am all for stem cell research, I am unconcerned where the cells are retrieved from.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
If the authority to regulate stem cell research is not expressly ceded to the federal government, I'm sticking with the US Constitution and voting that he does not have the authority to make the decision...

For the record, I am not religious but DO have a problem with late term abortion. I don't feel it should be outlawed at the Federal level, but do feel the laws as they stand now are too tolerant of abuse.

I don't have a comprehensive understanding of the politics and moral issues associated with stem cell collection and thus, don't have a defensible opinion on the topic...save the argument above (State's rights), for which I feel very strongly.

I say we keep stuff like this as local as possible and keep the Federal Government OUT OF OUR MORAL DILEMMAS.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
For it.  The more we know about the body the better in my opinion. Why would anyone think that the donor would care?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe life begins at conception.......

however......a wart on my leg is alive.  It's a growth of cells, that granted won't turn into a human, but it's alive.  We remove and kill it.

My current thinking is brainwave activity constitutes a human life.  Brainwave activity occurs at 6 weeks, I believe.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I am for it. The only concern is that an unscupulious third world country could "farm" these cells. As a byproduct of a legal abortion or afterbirth concerns me not.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the authority to regulate stem cell research is not expressly ceded to the federal government, I'm sticking with the US Constitution and voting that he does not have the authority to make the decision...

View Quote

Good point.

This concerns me also. This thing is being billed in teh meida as "Bush's decision on stem cell research."

I don't believe we elected a king, and I'm wondering the extent to which "Bush's decision" will factor into the ultimate outcome.

Its kinda like these "Executive Orders." Scary. Where in the CONUS do we allow ONE MAN to make such a proclamation?? Prior to Clinton, the President to issue the most EO's was - drum roll please - Ronald Reagan.

Hmmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna be the pain in the ass. I think stem cell research should not be funded by the federal government. I don't think we should be doing it period, but if someone want to use private donations to do the research, there is nothing I can do to prevent that. Stem Cell researh is only going to reignite the Abortion issue which already splits the country. So either way Bush decides, people are gonna bitch about it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#8]
This is a FUNDING issue right now.  That seems more like Congress's bailiwick
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#9]
hey, remember that embryonic tissue and placental tissue are NOT the only sources of stem cells.

i agree with medicjim on the fed. government's authority to regulate it.  not only is it not expressly given to federal government, but i don't think it can be covered under any of the umbrella categories that the federal government CAN regulate, i.e., interstate commerce, common welfare.

the thing that bothers me most about this issue is that people think the only source is from intentionally aborted fetuses.  they equate embryonic stem cell research with abortion-on-demand clinics.  that's just not true.

as a scientist by training, i'm all for stem cell research.  but if the government doesn't want to fund it, that's fine with me too (see above).  by that same token, i certainly don't think the federal government has any power whatsoever to ban it all together (again, see above).

here are two articles i found that show the potential of adult stem cells, one reason why stem cell research shouldn't be banned period.  and if this works out, the question of embryonic stem cell research may be moot.

[url]www.nih.gov/news/stemcell/primer.htm[/url]

[url]www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/318/7179/282/b[/url]

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not all that familiar with this stem cells stuff.  I donate platelets at the City of HOpe in Durate,Calif(www.cityofhope.com).  They sent me a flyer a few years ago saying that stem cells could be harvested from the umbilical cord of new born infants.  Also they can also be harvested from any adult, just that there is not that many of them.  There are commercial firms that also gather this stuff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the thing that bothers me most about this issue is that people think the only source is from intentionally aborted fetuses.  they equate embryonic stem cell research with abortion-on-demand clinics.  that's just not true.
View Quote

Your absolutely right.

But watch to see how its "packaged" in the media.

On the three major channels, you almost NEVER hear the phrase "stem cells" UNLESS it is proceeded by the word embryonic.

I'm QUITE sure the media isn't pro-life, so I wonder WHY they do this????

Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmmm this is such a hard question for Bush, using what would be garbage to save and help many lives.... Don't do it!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Your absolutely right.

But watch to see how its "packaged" in the media.

On the three major channels, you almost NEVER hear the phrase "stem cells" UNLESS it is proceeded by the word embryonic.

I'm QUITE sure the media isn't pro-life, so I wonder WHY they do this????

Hmmmm....
View Quote

hee hee.  i guess i should have said, "what bothers me most is that it's always packaged to the people in way that makes them think that stem cell research equals EMBRYONIC stem cell research, and that the only source of these embryonic stem cells it intentionally aborted fetuses."

although, i have to say, that i have heard this more often from conservatives opposed to the research.  dr. laura, for example, said that it would lead to more killing.  the help that some would receive from the research would be at the cost of another human life, as if the only way to get that life was to murder it.  now, i don't doubt that it is done that way sometimes, but it's not the ONLY way.  and many conservatives would have people believe that so they can prevent it from stem cell research in the first place.  it actually makes me really angry.  i'm not sure that half of anybody arguing this issue really knows what a stem cell is in first place.   grrrrr!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am all for stem cell research, I am unconcerned where the cells are retrieved from.
View Quote

Really?  Then I vote that we dissect Hielo and try to extract some stell cells from him!

If nothing else, we could probably salvage a kidney... [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm all for it.   I don't think stem cell research is at issue, but rather the source of the stem cells.  At particular issue right now seems to be embryonic stem cells.  The source of embryonic stem cells is from fertility clinics.  There are often extra embryos left over at the end of an invitro fertilization treatment.  If the couple doesn't wish to use these extra embryo's for further fertility treatments, then they are thawed out and discarded.  Some scientists want to use these embryos for stem cell research rather than just having them thrown away.
Opponents of stem cell research argue that the embryos would become children were it not for the nasty scientists.  That is not true.  The choice is between destroying them or using them for research.  By the time they are available for research, they have essentially no chance of developing into people.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#16]

hee hee.  i guess i should have said, "what bothers me most is that it's always packaged to the people in way that makes them think that stem cell research equals EMBRYONIC stem cell research, and that the only source of these embryonic stem cells it intentionally aborted fetuses."
View Quote

You can't get embryonic cells from a fetus.  You get embryonic cells from a embryo.  You get fetal cells from a fetus.  See my above post about where embryos come from.  An embryo is microscopic.  There is no way to get one from abortion, you could never even find it due to its small size.  They only way to get an embryo is to create it in a lab from eggs and sperm.  A fertilized egg turns into an embryo.  It only stays an embryo for a few days (5 or 10, I'm not sure where the cutoff is).  It goes through one or two more stages of development before it becomes a fetus.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I am all for it and cloning too.  Now, as far as Federal funding goes, I'm against that.  This research should be privately funded.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You can't get embryonic cells from a fetus.  You get embryonic cells from a embryo.  You get fetal cells from a fetus.  See my above post about where embryos come from.  An embryo is microscopic.  There is no way to get one from abortion, you could never even find it due to its small size.  They only way to get an embryo is to create it in a lab from eggs and sperm.  A fertilized egg turns into an embryo.  It only stays an embryo for a few days (5 or 10, I'm not sure where the cutoff is).  It goes through one or two more stages of development before it becomes a fetus.
View Quote

This is a MISDIRECTION of the whole question.

No one cares about embryonic vs. fetal cells.

JUST "stem" cells. Which can be rather easily harvested, EVEN from adults.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I wholeheartedly support stem cell research.
As to where they come from...well, that depends. If you outlaw taking them from aborted babies, are the abortions going to stop or decrease?  If you allow them to be taken from aborted babies, are abortions going to become more common?
I don't think either is the case.  So, no matter what your feelings on abortion, you'd probably have to admit that fetal stem cell harvest won't affect the number of abortions performed.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

You cannot get stem cells from an adult.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I am not a scientist, nor do I play one on TV.

But I HAVE heard from SEVERAL sources that stem cells are found even in adults.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a MISDIRECTION of the whole question.

No one cares about embryonic vs. fetal cells.

View Quote

I guess I misunderstood the question.  Are people really opposed to stem cell research, as opposed to other medical research, without consideration of the source of those cells?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I am not a scientist, nor do I play one on TV.

But I HAVE heard from SEVERAL sources that stem cells are found even in adults.

View Quote

I was told by a biology teacher that they are undifferentiated cells that can be grown into any type of tissue if the right chemical message is sent.  I was also told that they were the first cells made by a developing zygote.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone hear Rush today and his take on it?

Basically didn't Germany allready try and find out the reprocussions of messing with science to much on some things?

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Garandman, I think that if people could get stem cells from adults they wouldnt have a problem with people doing research on it.  That is why I also think that you cant get them from adults. my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm not for stem cell research if the cells are obtained from aborted(murdered)babies. If there's a ligit source for cells(possibly natural deaths?)I'd reconsider.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Garandman, I think that if people could get stem cells from adults they wouldnt have a problem with people doing research on it.  That is why I also think that you cant get them from adults. my 2 cents.
View Quote

I've also heard you can get them from afterbirth and umbilical cords.

As a right wing wacko myself, I believe right wing wackos fear that legitimizing stem cell research will make abortion more palatable as abortion provides the means to cure diseases (BTW the entire stem cell / cure disease debate is COMPLETELY hypothetical and unproven)

Stated another way, abortion clinics will become the raw material source for a booming industry (i.e. add the profit incentive for having MORE abortions) , and legitimize "playing God" thru scietifically re-ingineering life.

AS was pointed out earlier, the Germans already tried this once. Net result - Holocaust.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I heard that too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Basically didn't Germany allready try and find out the reprocussions of messing with science to much on some things?
View Quote

No, that would be a horribly twisted way of putting it.  What Germany did was experiment on human beings without their consent and with no consideration to their wellbeing.  They did this because they had convinced themselves that the Jews on whom they were doing the experiments were lower than animals.
No one is suggesting doing that in this case.  For those of you who believe abortion to be murder, no one is suggesting aborting more babies specifically for the purpose of harvesting stem cells.
Medical research is necessary...acting like the villagers in Frankenstein and storming the castle with torches and pitchforks will not solve anything.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Life was sooo much simpler before we had the technology to create unwanted and difficult social/moral descisions.

Because of the above statement, I am going to come out against stem-cell research.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
For once, I agree with RikWriter.

Put me down on the "Pro-research" side.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

No, that would be a horribly twisted way of putting it.  What Germany did was experiment on human beings without their consent and with no consideration to their wellbeing.  They did this because they had convinced themselves that the Jews on whom they were doing the experiments were lower than animals.
View Quote

Not twisted at all, really.

First, evolution means that man is ONLY another animal. We PRESENTLY use animals ALL THE TIME for research.

Second, doing something "without consideration for others well-being" happens daily in our present gov't. (Heck, it happens right here.)

third, re: consent issues -
Liberals already advocate CHILDREN (i.e. those barely capable of feeding themselves regularly in a healthy fashion, aka teenagers) being able to get abortions without an ADULT consent. No, were not far from "consent" being a moot point.

Remember, the motto - "if it saves just one child..." then it will be done for the good of the collective.

In summation, people have THROWN OFF God's standards of right and wrong. NOW, right and wrong is different for EVERY individual. If you think were far from the pre-war Germany standards of morality, you are being naieve.

IMO (weenie disclaimer)

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#33]
these types of experiment go on all the time behide closed doors. why not let them do it in the open & see what good  can come out of them for Humans & science in general.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Garandman... what do you know about pre-war German moral standards?  I don't recall the "people" of Germany being consulted on most of decisions made by the Nazi's...

There seems to be one or two documents around that suggest some "oppression" was taking place over there pre-war....

If you want to make a comment about some government's policy, please do so freely, but I get all confused when you mix "nation", "government" and "people" so freely...

you wouldn't want anyone to assume you support abortion since it is legal in the US, would you?

I mean this in a constructive way...hope it comes across as intended.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

As a right wing wacko myself, I believe right wing wackos fear that legitimizing stem cell research will make abortion more palatable as abortion provides the means to cure diseases (BTW the entire stem cell / cure disease debate is COMPLETELY hypothetical and unproven)

Stated another way, abortion clinics will become the raw material source for a booming industry (i.e. add the profit incentive for having MORE abortions) , and legitimize "playing God" thru scietifically re-ingineering life.

AS was pointed out earlier, the Germans already tried this once. Net result - Holocaust.
View Quote

i'll address the comments of both.

first, JBR, you [b]CAN[/b] get stem cells from adults.  they are just not as abundant, given that the VAST majority of cells in the adult body are already differentiated and merely copies of the mother cells.  embyros/fetuses are made up more, relatively speaking and a lot depends on the stage of development, of undifferentiated, non-determinate cells.  hence, embryonic/fetal tissue is a richer source per unit of tissue than adults.

also, they've only just begun finding stem cells in adults, and the research has not yet progressed to a point where it is known if these stem cells can be grown into something other than where they were found.  for example, blood stem cells, can become any type of cell that makes up the blood.  but scientists are just beginning to study whether or not it is a truly indeterminate cell, meaning that instead of just any blood cell, it could grow into a liver cell, a heart cell, a brain cell.

yes, garandman, it is unproven and hypothetical that stem cells can help in curing diseases.  but that's not an argument for not pursuing the research.  it's a cop out.  nothing was ever "proven" or passed hypothetical stage unless there was research conducted to determine what it could do.

and the only way embryonic stem cell research will support a booming abortion industry is if the aborted tissues are bought from the clinics for use in research.  the simple solution to this is to outlaw trade in tissues.  and to a certain extent this is already in place.  but i too am concerned about the blackmarket effects that might result from this kind of thinking.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Life was sooo much simpler before we had the technology to create unwanted and difficult social/moral descisions.

Because of the above statement, I am going to come out against stem-cell research.
View Quote

just outta curiosity...

life was soooo much simpler before we had the technology to create weapons of destruction, i.e., firearms.  are you also against guns?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Garandman... what do you know about pre-war German moral standards?  I don't recall the "people" of Germany being consulted on most of decisions made by the Nazi's...

View Quote

You know... I never cease to be amazed at the innovative ways you guys put words in my mouth.

Where did I say ANYTHING about the "people" of germany?? To save you time trying to look for that, I'll clue you in. I NEVER said anything about the people of Germany.

I'm talking about German scientists who were telling the political leaders of the time how they could create a "master race" (free of defect, pefect in every way, with none of the uncomfortable diseases ) if  they JUST had a little bit of human raw materials to work with.

If that sounds eerily familiar, it should. The arrogant scientists of today just want a "little human raw material" to experiment with (i.e. stem cells)

The only difference is that todays scientists have marketed their requests in a better fashion. Their stated intent is THE SAME - removal of human defect. And who is to define "human defect??" Lord knows "some people" think that anyone who believes the Bible to "mentally defective." Maybe they'll define gun owners as defective. WHo's to say???

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I am FOR research. No research = co cures. The more we know, the better off we will be.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not twisted at all, really.
View Quote

Yes, twisted, really.

First, evolution means that man is ONLY another animal. We PRESENTLY use animals ALL THE TIME for research.
View Quote

Wrong. Evolution doesn't mean we are ONLY another animal...it's quite obvious we are an animal, evolution or not.  What else would we be, a plant?  You again misstate what evolution says and what the ethical beliefs are of those that accept it as fact.  MANY, indeed MOST Christians in the world accept that evolution occurred and still hold to their morals.  Evolution has nothing to do with this and you're being disingenuous by bringing it up.

Second, doing something "without consideration for others well-being" happens daily in our present gov't. (Heck, it happens right here.)
View Quote

Can't argue with that...but it is not happening in this case.

third, re: consent issues -
Liberals already advocate CHILDREN (i.e. those barely capable of feeding themselves regularly in a healthy fashion, aka teenagers) being able to get abortions without an ADULT consent. No, were not far from "consent" being a moot point.
View Quote

I would hesitate to call someone a child who is of an age to conceive.  That smacks of what the gun-banners do when they include teenage gangbangers in the "children killed by guns" statistics.

In summation, people have THROWN OFF God's standards of right and wrong. NOW, right and wrong is different for EVERY individual. If you think were far from the pre-war Germany standards of morality, you are being naieve.
View Quote

No, actually more people than ever before claim to believe in some sort of God, and more people than ever before are classified as Fundamentalists in the US.  What is happening is, the fundamentalists are finding themselves ill-equipped to handle a modern world with modern problems and are thus running around like Chicken Little screaming that the sky is falling.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
yes, garandman, it is unproven and hypothetical that stem cells can help in curing diseases.  but that's not an argument for not pursuing the research.  it's a cop out.  nothing was ever "proven" or passed hypothetical stage unless there was research conducted to determine what it could do.

View Quote

I'll agree with that if you'll agree that soem pie in the sky, hypothetical benefit that may or may not occur in the future due to stem cell research SHOULD NOT be used as a "selling point" to legalize and federally fund this research.

No offense, but this reeks of scientists putting the ability to get grant money as Numero Uno concern, with the "right and wrong" issues a distant second.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#41]
What Germany did was experiment on human beings without their consent and with no consideration to their wellbeing. They did this because they had convinced themselves that the Jews on whom they were doing the experiments were lower than animals.
View Quote

Dr. Mengele and company could also use the rationalization that the Jews were going to wind up in the ovens anyway, so why not use them for science first?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No, actually more people than ever before claim to believe in some sort of God, and more people than ever before are classified as Fundamentalists in the US.  What is happening is, the fundamentalists are finding themselves ill-equipped to handle a modern world with modern problems and are thus running around like Chicken Little screaming that the sky is falling.
View Quote

Ah, yes, the tried and true "belittle the other side with condescending comments" approach.

And all teh while you IMO intentionally skipped the point I was making. More so now than at any other time in human history, is tolerance and the idea that morality is different for every individual preached by the ministers of the religion of humanism.

Which basically means that right and wrong is DIFFERENT for everyone. Hopefully, the gov't that we'll eventually be controlled by will find it INDIVIDUALLY wrong to use for human research.

And how did we get to this marvellously murky morass of mutating morals??? By throwing off God and His absolute standards. Just admit it. You'll feel better. I promise - you will.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

the stages from fertilization to birth:
fertilization
implantation
blastocyst
zygote
embryo
fetus
birth

From "A Child is Born" by Lennart Nilsson
Farewell to the embryo stage
At eight weeks, 4 centimeters, the developing individual is no longer an embryo, but a fetus....The fetal stage is a period of growth and perfection of detail."

roughly speaking, the first eight to ten weeks of gestation is embryonic stage.  this is the stage at which cells begin differentiating from each other.  and 4 centimeters is highly visible to the naked eye.

edited because i forgot to add 'zygote' to the list.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#44]
For it.

It could some day generate lots of medical knowledge to keep me alive for a lot longer...  Then I could get my Plazma rifle in the 40 watt range.  [:D]

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#45]
If SCR is so "great" then there should be literally 100's or 1000's of companies willing to pay $$$$ for the research. After all thay will be the one's who makes the Billion's of $$$$ later.
Let our tax money stay in our pockets.

My $.02 worth.
BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If SCR is so "great" then there should be literally 100's or 1000's of companies willing to pay $$$$ for the research. After all thay will be the one's who makes the Billion's of $$$$ later.
Let our tax money stay in our pockets.

My $.02 worth.
BigDozer66
View Quote

I think THIS is EXACTLY to the point.

IF Bush is such a big states rights guy like he says he is, he should probably not make it illegal, but he should DEFINITELY not FORCE the entire nation to fund it thru Fed tax $$$.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think the those who would play God should fear for their souls.

Having said that;

Aborted fetus' : NO
Afterbirth     : YES

sgb
View Quote

Question:

Wouldn't stem cell research for the purpose of curing disease thru genetic re-ingineering be, by defintion, "playing God?"
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Embryonic stem cell research will continue regardless of the outcome of the Bush announcement.  That's not the issue here.

The issue is whether the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will be authorized to fund scientists around the world to conduct [b]additional[/b] research. Embryonic stem cell research will continue regardless who pays for it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
My take on it is that as long as they are going to allow abortions, why not allow scientists and to use the resources to help mankind? Sounds logical to me..

Rick
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top