Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 7:40:54 PM EDT
They don't ship to GA, AL or TN. Anyone know why?

GR
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Becuase they do not want to hurt the business of the local gun dealers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Because they know that some people just shouldn't own guns.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well if that's the reason they're $&(% out of luck. I will buy it from somewhere else and it will NOT be a local dealer because:
#1 dealer is WAY too high on all his stuff. Not to mention He tried to sell me .308 ammo for a 7.62x39
#2 dealer is for the high end richman $30,000.00 (literally) shotguns. (Doesn't even STOCK 7.62x39 ammo, either.)
#3 dealer doesn't exist.

I guess the local dealers of 47 other states don't matter?

Good grief.

Not going off on you, MST2, in any way.

GR
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
A week or so ago someone here said it was to protect the sales at their retail store (Chattanooga) store. I don't know it that is so. Doesn't seem like it would have much impact on someone in Mobile or Savannah. One of these days when I have absolutely nothing to do I may call them and get the party line- or not.

There are many more sources.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
ITs a stupid policy, but its the truth. I think it says it in thier magazine and on thier website.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A week or so ago someone here said it was to protect the sales at their retail store (Chattanooga) store. I don't know it that is so. Doesn't seem like it would have much impact on someone in Mobile or Savannah. One of these days when I have absolutely nothing to do I may call them and get the party line- or not.

There are many more sources.

Just curious as to why they would sell on the internet and not ship to three states to protect their own retail business.... the internet should be an extension of their retail store allowing them to reach so many places that they would never have an opportunity to make sales....

Edit: because now I know why.... See my post below....Sadly... they are not getting my business because I live in one of the "evil" three......

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#7]
If they have physical locations in those states, then its probably a taxation issue for them. I don't know for sure, but there could be other laws on top of it, do you have to see a valid ID to sell ammo in those states, or other difficulties?

Personally, I don't like their website at all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Personally, I don't like their website at all.

+1  
Great company, good prices, piss poor, unnavigatable website. I end up using the PDF of the catalog and search for the part number instead of using the menu.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#9]
"There are many more sources.

Just curious as to why they would sell on the internet and not ship to three states to protect their own retail business.... the internet should be an extension of their retail store allowing them to reach so many places that they would never have an opportunity to make sales....

Sadly... they are not getting my business because I live in one of the "evil" three...... "

Every time you order shoot Natchez an email telling how you ordered from another co on the internet and how much in sales they just lost.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:29:28 AM EDT
[#10]
You just don't understand how massive Natchez Shooters Supplies is. They have probably the largest warehouse and catalog dedicated to hunting, shooting, firearms, and related gear in the United States. Their policy is there for a reason, and it's there to assist in not competing with their local stores as well as some of their major customers in those states. If you have a chain of customers that are some of your biggest buyers but then you directly compete with them to the general public -circumventing them altogether- that can impact your sales projections.

It has nothing to do with state or local laws concerning their products, or anything to do with shipping. It's purely about sales.

- rem

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#11]
They supposedly have "dealers" in those states that buy from them.

If I want to go to a retail gunshop and pay 4 bucks a box for wolf, I won't bother looking on the net.

Order from midway or Wholesale Hunter (CMMG).  Just about the same selection, and one of them is a board sponsor.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The reasons for the policy are described on the website.

If you don't like Natchezss, don't do business with them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#13]
First time I called them I asked if they needed my FOID # , talk about getting laughed at.

Be happy you live in GA.   Great service, Great CO. ,and Employees.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I buy almost all my supplies and ammo from Natchez. If only they carried more AR15 parts though....

- rem
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You just don't understand how massive Natchez Shooters Supplies is. They have probably the largest warehouse and catalog dedicated to hunting, shooting, firearms, and related gear in the United States.

Is that why every single time I have attempted to order something from them, and I'm talking 20 or more times, I have had out-of-stocks on every order. The last time, and I'm not joking, I tried to order a red-dot, some S&B 9mm and 3 assault rifle cases. Every single item was out of stock.

Massive? My ass. Maybe it's the biggest catalog, the biggest building, the hugest product list in the world, but if they don't stock what they carry, then Cabelas & Midway gets my money.

And, excluding entire states as customers is a ridiculous policy. They ship to me (well, if they had things in stock), but I still think it's a stupid policy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The reasons for the policy are described on the website.

If you don't like Natchezss, don't do business with them.

Not on their homepage. It should be there SOMEWHERE, IMO.  I't not like there ain't a heck of a lot of shooters in those 3 states.

Spent an hour looking all over the website and ONLY when I tried to get it shipped to me did it pop up "WE DON'T SHIP TO GA, TN OR AL".

Great. I wasted an hour. I should send them a bill.

GR
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I am suprised that nobody took the time to pick up the phone and ask them "why"..... It is nice to speculate..... and end up being wrong......

I called and they cheerily explain... that it is a taxation reason. They run a route truck through the states in question, and that (at least) to The Georgia Tax Division is the equivelant of a "Physical Presence" and requires them to collect taxes at the state and county level for each sale. They in turn have declined to ship to these states to keep from all the headache associated with the tax rules.....

simple isn't it......

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#18]
That is correct..... Alabama just recently modified there sales tax issue somewhat. I am a business owner for thirty-five years and if you sold throughout Alabama, you had to do a coupon and mail a check for less than five-dollars to some podunk town in Chilton County. By the way, was automated and still had to fill out stupid coupons and they where all different.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not on their homepage. It should be there SOMEWHERE, IMO.  

It's under Customer Service.

only took me a minute to find it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

please provide a link to said information... I read and re-read all the links in cust service and never saw "why" they do not ship to Al, Ga and TN... They only state that they do not ship to the three states in question...... "Why" is the question.... The fact that they do not ship to Al, Ga or Tn was never disputed.... At any rate this has been resolved.......

but thanks anyway for the informative post.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please provide a link to said information... I read and re-read all the links in cust service and never saw "why" they do not ship to Al, Ga and TN... They only state that they do not ship to the three states in question...... "Why" is the question.... The fact that they do not ship to Al, Ga or Tn was never disputed.... At any rate this has been resolved.......

but thanks anyway for the informative post.....

I DID take the time to ask them, here is there response, cut and pasted:

Our parent company is a wholesale only distributor, and they service the dealers in TN, GA, and AL. We have made in agreement to not sell in those three states to protect the dealers.

Thanks,

NSS

Nothing about taxation in there.

I can understand why, once explained. I understand it is under "customer service" on their site. The problem is, unless you KNOW to look there, you are wasting your time. Should I go through every website I may order from and see if they may or may not sell to me for some reason or the other? I'm not trying to be a heel to you or anyone else, but if it is that big a deal to them, they should put it right up there so we can all see it.

Also, apparently they WILL sell to me if I get it shipped to a state other than the three they will not ship to. SO, IF i order from them in the future, I will have it shipped to my in-laws, and get it from them on a visit. I guess the local dealer--who wants $5.99 a box for American Eagle 55gr FMJBT, BTW, will lose out one way or another.

GR
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#24]
www.midwayusa.com/

They get my money!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#25]
As others have mentioned, Natchez is an awesome hunting store.  At one time, and possibly still today, they had by far the best price on Bushnell Products.  I bought an Elite 3000 3-9X40 for $150.00 last year.

I love Natchez.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#26]
They don't like rednecks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Naw they do it because the company is run by dumb bastards to stupid to live in the 21st Century... I live in TN 200 miles from Chattanooga they have no dealers near me I can find... I cannot order from them but somebody 1 mile north of me in VA can.

Boy they showed me...

Natchez Shooters Supply can go to hell I rather do business with people smarter than a turnip anyway... Midway and Brownells will take my money.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
www.midwayusa.com/

They get my money!

Mine, too. ammoman may get this money, this go round, though!

GR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top