Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:29 PM EDT
Just curious why people get bent out of shape at the mere mention of this part of life.

High school was great! Too bad I couldn't stay stupid and spend a few more years there. Reunions too. Fun!

Did you get picked on and have ben-gay put on your nuts or something?

Were you a pimply geek that always got a wedgie over your skull?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
High School sucked donkey balls, and I was none of those stereotypes mentioned in your post.

I dont want to see any of those dipshits I went to school with ever again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]
completely useless waste of time unless you enjoy the voyerism of seeing how someone elses train wreck of a life turned out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Highschool was awesome. Hung out with friends, did no work, not a worry in the world. I would love to relive that part of my life.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Biggest waste of time in my life.  I should have gone straight to college from jr. high.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't go to graduation, didn't got to the reunions.
High school was a daycare filled with jack offs.
I do get a kick out of hearing about  the f*cked up lives some of the "future leaders" lead, but I ain't going to a meeting to see it first hand.
Get a life.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to my 10 year reunion even though I was not invited.
They sent the invitation to my younger brother.

It was a blast looking at the jocks who were not able to make it to the minors, let alone the majors.
Fat and balding, the quarterback of the team was working at the warehouse I worked at when I was going to high school doing the same job.  

Looking at the hot cheerleaders who were divorced and had a couple of kids and an extra 10-20 pounds of fat ass to drag around.

The stoners who went straight, went to college and were making some good cash.

The mild mannered geek chicks and the not quite good looking but not quite ugly chicks who had outgrown being a geek or had grown up and were amazing hot babes.  

Came back from a Hawaii DET, rode my motorcycle down to the Irvine Hilton and hung out with my 4 best buds from high school.

We had a great time, a lot of the social snob chicks were now married social snob chicks that were looking up their old boyfriends, the cheer-skanks were hitting up every guy who looked like they had money, married or not.
And this was before the booze really started to flow.

I was sitting at the table when this hot chick came up to me and started talking to me and knew some of my "secrets" from high school.
She was really liking it that I didn't know who she was.

Come to find out that she was one of the chubby geek chicks.
I sat behind her in my senior history class, we used to talk and goof off, but it never crossed my mind that she had a serious crush on me.

She was on her way out the door with her date, she just stopped by to have dinner and look up a couple of people - me being one of them
She gave me her phone number and address and told me to either call or come by and look her up - she was (and is) a sports entertainment promoter and at the time worked in the Bay Area.

My buddies were tripping out when I told them who she was.

I had a good time, I am glad I went.

I missed the 20 year reunion as I was on board the Stennis for a pleasure cruise.

Went to the wifes 20 year reunion, it was a pretty uptight affair.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Highschool was awesome. Hung out with friends, did no work, not a worry in the world. I would love to relive that part of my life.

Amen to that!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
High School sucked donkey balls, and I was none of those stereotypes mentioned in your post.

+1  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Because they weren't cool.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought it was funny that the hot girls were now fat and divorced with three kids whereas the girls that you'd never look twice at in high school moved away, went to college and now live in the city. They were fashionably dressed and looked great while their counter parts looked like they got their clothes from the discount rack at Walmart.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#12]
99% of the people I went to highschool were, and likely still are, complete idiots.

If I wanted to talk to any of the 1%, I'd call them on the phone.

No different from any job I've held in the years since then. If I really wanted to see any of those people I worked with, I'd call them up and not wait for some reunion.

I try not to live in the past.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen to that!

+1. A part of me wishes life would be an enternity of senior year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't fit in then, and I won't fit in now. Fuck 'em.

However, I do get a kick out of going to Wal-Mart, where 4 of the FBLA (future business leaders of america) girls are still working the checkout lines, and 2 girls I graduated with work in the hair salon, 10 years after High School ( I graduated in '96- only kept in contact with 4 people I went to school with).
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I am 2 years out of HS and don't know if i will go to the reunions.  Even just 2 years out, i hang out with my friends i went to HS with and i just don't fit in and have a good time.  It seems like 98% of the people i went to HS with are inmature idoits and i am not that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#16]
high school was okay, it's funny to see all the popular kids and jocks that now work blue-collar jobs, twice divorced and etc. now college was a blast, the fastest 4 years ever!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Life is full of surprises, and Life never quite turns out the way you think it will be, no matter how carefully you plan it.

In High School, students don't understand that basic fact, and are under the illusion that the world operates the same way that it does in High School.

I don't like thinking about my High School Years. I was on the Track and Cross Country Team, did pretty well athletically, was invited to be in on a lot of groups and parties, but I rejected them because I thought most of those people (the popular ones) were assholes.

I hated high school and would take great pleasure in telling Football players and cheer leaders what a bunch of bullshit it was.

I had spent some time supporting myself working my ass off, before I finished High School. And I was pretty pissed off at just how inhumane and cruel some of those kids could be at others who had no control over something. Like maybe their looks, Acne, speech impediments, etc.

F_ck them. Its been almost 30 years and I am still pissed off at the assholes.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Hated highschool it was all about who was in the "in crowd"  If you didn't do this you were a dork, if you actually like a class you were a nerd.  Fuck those fuckers.  They are now living in a shithole trailer with 6 little dumbass kids running around and are on wellfare.  I had about 5 or 6 friends in highschool, one of them is dead, the others I see every now and then when I return home.  I could care less about anyone else.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Biggest waste of time in my life.  I should have gone straight to collegeThe Army from jr. high.

Fixed it for me
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#20]
While I love my parents, I don't miss not living with them.

There was one chick that I was very good friends with.  We talked about everything and got along great.  We didn't hang out as much while we were in (seperate) colleges.  

We hooked up again a couple of years later.  I wonder what happened to her?  Oh yeah, I married her.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Hell, I'm still in highschool, and me and anybody I give two shits about have plans to stay in contact. A couple of us will probably end up going to the same college.

There's no real words to describe our group; we're just the misfits who band together. Too good to be bad kids, too out-of-shape to be jocks, too much self-respect to be anime dorks. All those people can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I missed my prom- camping trip. Graduated early and missed graduation- scuba trip.
I was working running down meth labs during my 10 year reunion. A friend who did go said that 20 of us were cops, about 50 lawyers, 5 doctors, and 25 doing hard time.
Missed my 20 year reunion, actually blew it off. It was scheduled at a country club near me, about 5 miles from our old high school. I was looking forward to seeing maybe 5 people that I played football with and about 5 other friends. At the last minute they moved it to Dallas- we are near Fort Worth, and I wasn't going to drive 35 miles for that.
I really didn't miss anyone I went to school with. I was going out of curiosity. When I was in school I missed the school dances and stuff. I had better things to do, like scuba diving since I was 10, riding dirt bikes since I was 7, hunting, fishing, camping, Boy Scouts. After school I had my Honda 750 to play with as well as chicks that dug bikes.
Most of the 450 people I had in my class were wannabes, losers, and the decent ones felt like I did. Even most of us that played ball went our seperate ways.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Hell i almost wish i just dropped out and got my GED.  Could of started my business 2 years sooner!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hell, I'm still in highschool, and me and anybody I give two shits about have plans to stay in contact. A couple of us will probably end up going to the same college.

I had 8 people from my highschool go to tech with me.  Only 2 of us made it through.  The good thing about Tech was that it was big enough that I didn't have to see them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I loved HS, wish I could go back!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
high school was okay, it's funny to see all the popular kids and jocks that now work blue-collar jobs, twice divorced and etc. now college was a blast, the fastest 4 years ever!

+1 LOVED college.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I hated high school.

I would have liked to have gone to the class reunion, but I didn't graduate.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I hated high school.  So I left at 16 and went to a high school/college hybrid program for smart people.  Best decision I ever made, had a great time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Just curious why people get bent out of shape at the mere mention of this part of life.

High school was great! Too bad I couldn't stay stupid and spend a few more years there. Reunions too. Fun!

Its usually just the cops that get bent out of shape. It reminds them of the beatings they took in school.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Who wants to relive high school?

I didn't hate it, didn't love it, and don't really miss it.  It's over.  The end.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
completely useless waste of time unless you enjoy the voyerism of seeing how someone elses train wreck of a life turned out.

I thought that was Jerry Springer?  

My 10, 15, and 20 year reunions have gone by and no invitations....  Maybe they just don't where I am, or maybe I was that bad?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its usually just the cops that get bent out of shape. It reminds them of the beatings they took in school.

That's funny. How about a little truth to temper your opinion?
I hated HS because it was so dang boring. I'd ask the teachers questions about real world ideas and facts, and nobody knew anything. The library had general interest books and books aimed at starry eyed teens but very little hard science and engineering books. Wanna know how a jet engine works? You're out of luck. Wanna read about real world skills? Sorry, we don't have anything like that.
We do have 5 shelves of romance novels and 6 shelves of other fiction books. Try those.
Pfft.

Similar to my experience. It just wasn't challenging.

I was bored because they were teaching things I already knew on my own, or had learned because I read the entire course book while I was bored during study hall. So I'd have to sit in class and listen to idiots ask questions because they couldn't 'get it', and were basically  more concerned about their clothes or how much beer they drank at the party last weekend. Yeah, that was fun and edumacational.

Worst part was there was no real 'gifted' program there - just a few AP courses to take. So I had to sit in classes where I'd learned everything on my own in the first month or so, and then spend the rest of the year listening to everyone else stumble over it.

Wait, the worst part was getting four years of credits in three years and then being told in a meeting with the principal / vice principal that I couldn't graduate early. So I spent the last year sleeping in class, not doing homework, and just aceing the tests so I could pass the class.

What a freaking waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It was a blast looking at the jocks who were not able to make it to the minors, let alone the majors.
Fat and balding, the quarterback of the team was working at the warehouse I worked at when I was going to high school doing the same job.  

Looking at the hot cheerleaders who were divorced and had a couple of kids and an extra 10-20 pounds of fat ass to drag around.

The stoners who went straight, went to college and were making some good cash.

The mild mannered geek chicks and the not quite good looking but not quite ugly chicks who had outgrown being a geek or had grown up and were amazing hot babes.  

I went to my five-year reunion and found that everything was still status quo. Same attitudes, same clicks and so on.

When I went to my 10 yr, what is quoted above is a very good description of what I saw.

However, after that I had no desire to ever go to another one. There are a few people from High school that I am still friends with even 22 yrs after we graduated. Those are the people who I care about and know they care about me. I see no reason to go to a reunion of people who are little more then strangers.

High school did not completely suck but it is not something I need to relive either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's funny. How about a little truth to temper your opinion?
I hated HS because it was so dang boring. I'd ask the teachers questions about real world ideas and facts, and nobody knew anything. The library had general interest books and books aimed at starry eyed teens but very little hard science and engineering books. Wanna know how a jet engine works? You're out of luck. Wanna read about real world skills? Sorry, we don't have anything like that.
We do have 5 shelves of romance novels and 6 shelves of other fiction books. Try those.
Pfft.
ETA - I don't get angry when I remember that my 10 year reunion is this year. I respond with utter disinterest and apathy.

Texas public education?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:38:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I was a guy who didn't like teenagers.....even tho I had the misfortune of being one.

Goofy morons running around screwing or fighting until everyone in the school hated everyone else.

Go back and revisit that bullshit? No fucking way. I didn't choose my classmates, but as an adult I choose who is my friend. I'd rather go shooting with my gun buddies than catchup with a bunch of people I don't really want to know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:13:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I was all of the above, but, I just wanna see how f'd up everybody else has become in the twentyfive years since we graduated
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:16:09 AM EDT
[#38]
I have never been to, or plan on going to a high school reunion. Most IBM employee's kids could do no wrong, and got away with everything.  These dumbasses in Adm still wonder why it took so long to pass a bond issue to build a new school.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I always enjoy that, it make my life seem so much more productive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:23:06 AM EDT
[#40]
My 20 year reunion was great! I was the only man there that wasn't fat and bald and the womenz
were obviously impressed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I enjoyed high school. Had some great times. The only regret I have is not being serious about my studies and not dating as much as I should have. Looking back, I would have done several things differently.

College was even more fun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#42]
I haven't even gotten to the 10 year reunion for high school yet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#43]
I didn't like my time in HS.  Yes, I had some fun, made some friends, but like any other point in my life, I moved on.  I went straight into the military after graduation, but kept in touch with a few friends.  I see a few today, but have no interest in seeing people where the only common ground is that we are from the same town.

I missed my 5yr and 10yr reunions and pretty sure I will miss my 20yr.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#44]
High School was OK, but no big desire to go to the reunion. College I loved and would pay big money to relive those years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I missed my 10 year reunion. I was in Iraq helping to depose Saddam at the time.

A rumor got started that I was killed, and there was a big ass'd photo of me on the wall "In loving memory of..."

I had a good time in HS. I went to a small rural school. There were only 21 in my graduating class, and funny thing was I was the only one that didn't go to the reunion. With a class as small as that, we didn't really have cliques. Everyone was either friends, or at least friendly.

My son lives with his mother in the same town, so I am there often, and still see some of the guys and gals I went to school with. The ones that are still there are still doing the same stupid shit we were doing in high school. The ones who left actually made something of themselves...save for one. My best friend from high school stayed in the area, and is now a sheriff's deputy in our home county.

+1 on the fugly chicks turning into swans. One of the girls I was banging in HS simply because she was a hottie is now twice divorced, 3 kids, and looks as thought she is working as a Krispy Creme taste tester. There was one girl everyone gave a hard time because she was a "late bloomer" is now working as a pro Model and is making more $ than anyone else in the class, and has a rock hard body that you could bounce a quarter off of.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#46]
The people that I care about, I have kept in contact with. Everyone else can burn in hell.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#47]
I had fun in high school. I wasn't a member of any clique or stereotyped group. I smoked weed with the hoods, played D&D with the nerds, hung out in study hall with the jocks, and I always was around to console the preppie girls when their boyfriends dumped them {woka woka woka}.

I had even more fun in college.

I miss the days of hanging out all the time, when the only decision you had to make was what CD to put in the stereo next.

Reunions aren't bad. I do get a secret kick out of the high and mighty turned mediochre, but overall I am happy to know that everyone is alive and well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Not me ... and I didn't have the greatest time in high school either.  Yet I am not bitter or anything; I went to my 10 year reunion and if there is a 20 year I will go to that as well.

I was not a jock or a member of the popular crowd.  Didn't go to the prom.  Didn't score well with the ladies.  Didn't have a fancy car.  Didn't get invited to the big field parties.  Didn't ....

Hey wait ... damn you TJ, why did you have to bring back all those memories???  Hell, you get to hang around hot co-eds all day!  

Seriously, I think high school can be a difficult time for everybody.  You're growing up, your hormones are raging, you go through a lot of ups and downs and you are faced with hard decisions (college?  work?  military?).  So I can see why people don't often have fond memories of school, and would not want to be reminded of those difficult times.

Me, I didn't have the best times but I can put it behind me.  You know, look back and laugh.  Especially when my parents break out the photo of me with a mullet, braces and denim jacket covered with heavy metal band patches.  Ah, the 1980s.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top