Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 4:50:46 PM EDT

I (and others at the company) have a problem with our W-2's and management is being evasive.

For medicare tax, they are reporting several thousand (per person) less than what they are taking out of our paychecks.

Is this legal?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a felony. And the IRS just loves to prosecute payroll tax fraud. They've recently created a whole new unit just to do that.

SD, CPA
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had many W-2's sent to me with mistakes.  Usually you call the company and tell them and they get out a correct version a few days before the 15th
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
your last paystub of the calendar year should have the year to date totals, and they should match what is on the w-2.

IIRC, if you report a tax cheater, and the IRS collects, you get a percentage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top