Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 11:35:07 AM EDT
Last week in my sociology class we had an interesting discussion.

Research was being done to see how often (male) employees actually wash their hands after using the restroom. They placed a janitor in the bathroom 24/7 to discreetly observe the counts. Remarkably, 99.9% of all the subjects washed their hands. They knew that this couldn't be right.

They removed the janitor and installed cameras observing the sinks. The results? Hardly anyone (Under 10% I believe) washed their hands.

The mere presence of another person in the restroom was the leading factor in whether or not we wash our hands.

So...you have the chance to be anonymously polled, do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

Poll coming.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
you should have put the real options.  How many wash after #2 as opposed to #1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the time, yes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, and I dont touch any of the surfaces with my skin.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I wash my hands before and after, my hands are usually dirtier than my package.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I always wash my hands after and use a paper towel to open the door. I also usually wash my hands when I come home from work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top