Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:18:02 AM EDT
With the purchase of my pup 1 1/2 years ago, I did a little searching on the net for training advice. I located a pretty awesome board for Boxer owners, www.boxerworld.com. I registered and read the rules, one of which was about asking about choke collars. While they denounce this practice, it did state they recognize some uses for it.
Anyway to make a long story short I asked about using a choke collar because my trainer swears by them. I was immmediatley chastised by a moderator named TulsaDan, and my account was locked! What a way to start out. So this past month my Boxer started getting a rust discoloration on his front paw, it isn't bleeding, but I asked about it on this board. Several members stated it was due to some type of allergy, and he is licking it and the saliva is turning his white paw a rusty color.
Another moderator, chelsea323 chimed in that I needed to introduce myself first, or she was going to lock the thread. I responded I did that some time ago, and thanked everyone for the advice. The cunt came back and told me her post was not open to debate, and locked the thread down!
Now mind you, I responded to her in a professional way, was not snotty in my reply and she still did it.
The one thing I learned from this site is they are a bunch of weird snotty and rude people. They treat their dogs like people, and treat people like crap!
I ask all of my Arfcom brothers to embark on a fire mission to t his website, register and ask questions about choke chains and shock collars. See what kind of response YOU will get from this liberal web site!!
PS I was banned from this site by this woman for telling her that she should chill out as new dog owners have valid questions about training dogs!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't you get it. People that own Boxers are dumb.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Most dog websites tend to be liberal, PETA-loving fucksticks. It is the way of things in the animal-owning(or should I say "co-existing") world. Get used to that. They told you not to say anything about choke chains, and the first thing you did was break the rules.

As far as the rest, I don't know, but it sounds like you need to back off and chill for a little while, maybe.

Oh yeah, let's see your boxer!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The rules they had did state that they do recognize that there are valid questions about the use of choke chains. So I asked a question about the proper fit of one and WHAM they laid into  me. I found out the hard way that I should have come here 1st and asked my brothers at Arfcom, as I know we are not a bunch of Peta loving liberal smacktards!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]
1.  She is obviously an insecure person who does not know how to wield the awesome authority of a Mod.  Such power does not belong in small hands.

2.  A choke collar is a decent tool for leash-training a dog.  I'm a dog lover and don't see it as cruel.  You just have to communicate on a level the dog understands.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Only the dumb dogs get choked.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I must be out of the loop because every dog training book I read advised using a choke chain for walking a dog.  I use one to this day when I walk my American Bulldog.  

Is there a new and improved method out there that I am unaware of?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I must be out of the loop because every dog training book I read advised using a choke chain for walking a dog.  I use one to this day when I walk my American Bulldog.  

Yes, you have become "one" with the dog, only then will you understand his "feelings"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought this thread was about Barbara Boxer.  

FWIW:  She is a dog too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
BREAK OUT THE GOATSE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
PENDING ACCOUNT APPROVAL

****UPDATE****

Account denied. Apparently they frown on "white boxers" (which I told them I had). Oh well...their site, their rules.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Actually, yes, but it would give the peta types a stroke.

I had a very good natured Rott male that had a huge neck.  He did not react in any way to proper use of his choke collar.

As an experiment, I lifted him off his front legs using the choke, and guess, what, "choke" is a misnomer.  He calmly looked up at me and continued to pant, he wasn't even rasping, just breathing normally.  The only reason he even looked was his front legs were dangling.

So I bought a pinch collar, basically a choke with prongs pointing in, is gives some ooomph to the traditional collar.

It worked, and he never even yelped at its use, so it wasn't hurting him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a very good natured Rott male that had a huge neck.  He did not react in any way to proper use of his choke collar.

As an experiment, I lifted him off his front legs using the choke, and guess, what, "choke" is a misnomer.  He calmly looked up at me and continued to pant, he wasn't even rasping, just breathing normally.  The only reason he even looked was his front legs were dangling.

So I bought a pinch collar, basically a choke with prongs pointing in, is gives some ooomph to the traditional collar.

That is about the same effect a choke has on my bulldog.  I think you could break a 2x4 over her head and she wouldn't feel it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
My German Shepard is not too impressed with the pinch collar. Choke chains have little / no effect on him.

BTW Pinch collars do not let the collar constrict as much as traditional choke chains. I was told by a dog trainer that they are more humane than choke collars.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank You Ocarvo,
They have now blocked my IP address due to me using my mailwasher and bouncing her pissy e-mail back to her about 20 times!!
Yes these people actually think the dog has feelings and even yelling at them will make them unstable. If you want some fun for a night, read some of these sad sacks posts about they way they treat their dogs. About makes you want to throw up!!
Little do they know I get a new Ip addresss almost daily, my cable company renews them every 24 hrs!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is about the same effect a choke has on my bulldog.  I think you could break a 2x4 over her head and she wouldn't feel it.

Are you sure the chain was through the hole the correct way?  If you put it in the wrong way the effect of the "choke" is minimal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#16]
try a pinch collar.

i've had pretty good luck with 'em
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Are you sure the chain was through the hole the correct way?  If you put it in the wrong way the effect of the "choke" is minimal.

Ask that on Boxerworld.com and see what they say! I think that was the actual question I had.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked my Rott's front legs off the ground with the pinch collar once.  She barly noticed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if you can train a member of PETA into being a conservitive with a choke chain.

Mabye it's impossible to do, but would be a hell of alot of fun to try!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder what they would think of shock collars.  My friend uses it to train beagles.  Very effective.

Quoted:
The one thing I learned from this site is they are a bunch of weird snotty and rude people. They treat their dogs like people, and treat people like crap!

You should have told us they are German.  That would have explained everything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I wonder if you can train a member of PETA into being a conservitive with a choke chain.

Mabye it's impossible to do, but would be a hell of alot of fun to try!

Be more fun to do that with a shock collar!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had a lot of luck with pinch collars, at least with regards to on leash behavior. My lab pup was strangling himself with his collar because he would pull so hard. The pinch collar fixed that inside of a week, and with a pretty minimal amount of pain on both sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top