BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:58:04 AM EDT
1. Cant use 50bmg on human targets...false

2. You cant sue the Military if your active duty...false...ways around this

3. If you are inthe Military you are GOV. property....false..This is like all thoose "my cusinss second brothers best friends neighbor"

What chaps your hide about work place myths

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
1. The US Army is every bit as good as the Marine Corps

2.  This photo from the revolutionary war -

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That during lunch breaks, the hot redhead working the receiving desk gives out blowjobs like candy... only to find out that it was all a vicious rumor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#3]
U.S. Park Rangers

1  Don't carry weapons
2  Can't make arrests
3  Aren't real law enforcement
4  "I thought you just did tours???????"
                "We are doing a tour!" " This is the  jail!" "This is your room for the night!"

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know about myths 1 and 2, but three seems pretty damned close to the mark...

With you may not be stamped with "property of the US govt" on your backside, if you are in the military, they pretty much do damned well own your ass...  

Forget the cousins neighbors best friend.   My brother in law recently retired from the Nat'l Guard with the past 12 month.  it was his third such retirement, and came after some 25 odd years.....  The first one was approved, then yanked.  So sorry buddy, you have no choice, we ain't letting you go.  Get yer ass back to work..

The second one was worse:  He even had his damned retirement party, was all set to go, and they yanked his ass back in.  Too bad buster.  our needs are more important than yours...

It wasn't until the thrid time around they really let him hang up the uniform.  They squeeze an extra couple years unvoluntary service out of him.  He may not have been a slave, but indentured servitude seems kinda like an appropriate lable.  

Yup.  No "US Govt Property" stamp, but they sure haul your ass around like they own it...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
U.S. Park Rangers

1  Don't carry weapons
2  Can't make arrests

Are you even remotely suggesting that a park ranger is in some way comparable to a member of the United States Military?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
U.S. Park Rangers

1  Don't carry weapons
2  Can't make arrests

Are you even remotely suggesting that a park ranger is in some way comparable to a member of the United States Military?

No he isn't. H'e sjust adding to the list of gripes. Easy there, bud!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't know about myths 1 and 2, but three seems pretty damned close to the mark...

With you may not be stamped with "property of the US govt" on your backside, if you are in the military, they pretty much do damned well own your ass...  

Forget the cousins neighbors best friend.   My brother in law recently retired from the Nat'l Guard with the past 12 month.  it was his third such retirement, and came after some 25 odd years.....  The first one was approved, then yanked.  So sorry buddy, you have no choice, we ain't letting you go.  Get yer ass back to work..

The second one was worse:  He even had his damned retirement party, was all set to go, and they yanked his ass back in.  Too bad buster.  our needs are more important than yours...

It wasn't until the thrid time around they really let him hang up the uniform.  They squeeze an extra couple years unvoluntary service out of him.  He may not have been a slave, but indentured servitude seems kinda like an appropriate lable.  

Yup.  No "US Govt Property" stamp, but they sure haul your ass around like they own it...

No I understand that aspect of it what I meant was all the rumors of getting an article 15 for getting say a sunburn and being charged with "DAMAGE to GOV Property"

You might get in trouble if you get a sunburn but it doesnt say "damage to gov property" on the paper work
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#10]
M-16's are jam-o-matic popguns and nobody likes them.

If that was true, then why have we used for forty straight years?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#11]
"...made by MATTEL"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't think he mentioned anything about the military.  

ETA:  The question was about workplace myths, not specifically the military.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#13]
1. the pay is  mighty fine.
2. the women are mighty fine.
3. the chow is mighty fine.
4. the coffee is mighty fine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#14]
That the Geneva Convention bans hollowpoints.
That the Geneva Convention bans the use of 50BMG against humans.
That you can shoot 5.56 in AK47s.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Government inertia, baby, government inertia.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

1. they give you a hundred dollars and take back 99
2. they look like phyllis diller and walk like frankenstien
3. a chicken jumped off the table and started marking time
4. it looks like muddy water and taste like turpintine

llanero, you made me LOL, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#17]
1. I'm in the military and I can have an AR15 regardless of state assault weapon laws because they have an exemption for the military and LEOs.

2.  I can own a machine gun, because I'm in the military.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#18]
1) It takes an act of Congress to bust a Chief (Petty Officer), or other senior Enlisted

2) While not a myth, any obsequious fawning about fighting and Marine Corps
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#19]
- The messcooks on military ships always cockswap cockswab the disliked officer's coffee cups and place the eating utensils in some unmentionable areas (like under their balls or in the crack of their ass).

Hey wait a minute that one is true, nevermind
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
U.S. Park Rangers

1  Don't carry weapons
2  Can't make arrests

They're better.  they get to carry in National Parks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#21]
The notch in the dogtags is for placing between front teeth and kicking it into place in case the body is blown apart.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#22]
They spike the food with saltpeter to reduce your sex drive...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Government inertia, baby, government inertia.

Ever heard of General LeMay ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
- The messcooks on military ships always cockswap the disliked officer's coffee cups and place the eating utensils in some unmentionable areas (like under their balls or in the crack of their ass).

Hey wait a minute that one is true, nevermind

I work with a former swabie who claims to have been witness to severel teabaggings on his ship.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

5.56 AK

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

They put SOMETHING in the food or water in boot camp.  When I got out of MCRD I got hard when the wind blew!  Yet during boot camp I never even though about pussy...

There was also the fact that the DI's NEVER drank from the recruit's scuttlebutts.  That's a water fountain to all you landlubbers!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#28]
they do NOT put anything in the food. when i was in the MAD platoon for 2 weeks i got put in a chow hall, i signed for shipments of food and unless theres a conspiracy with food suppliers to taint the food and not mark the can then its not true.

that story is right up there with black helicopters, chem trails, and RFID tags in money.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#29]
No, based on the behavior of my DI's and the fact that they NEVER drank from the same supply as the recruits I'm SURE it's in the water.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
1. I'm in the military and I can have an AR15 regardless of state assault weapon laws because they have an exemption for the military and LEOs.

That one actually does apply to California, anyone with orders to CA can apply for an assault weapons permit to bring in their assault weapons owned in other states (or buy new ones? I forget that part) but not registered with CADOJ before the cut-off date.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't that chicken "stick to kids" or something as well?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#33]
What about the old" They'll give you a shot in the left nut with a square needle"?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You can, but you have to manually cycle the action and it's not very accurate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What about the old" They'll give you a shot in the left nut with a square needle"?

LOL i scared alot fo recruits with that one.

As for not gettign a hard on from the food. It could have soemthing to do with the fact your underslept underfed stressed the fuck out and surrounded by a bunch of smelly sweaty dudes that you have to shower with . On our 24 hour pass before AIT i had no trouble getting it up .

Also the .50 cal one is funny. Its ok to shoot em with a 25mm chain gun but not a .50 cal?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#36]
The .50 caliber myth was always a favorite of mine, but they usually added, "since you can't shoot personnel you've got to aim for the equipment that they're wearing."

Never mind that someone might get hit by a 30mm from an A-10.  Guess the pilot's got to aim REAL careful!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I understand that aspect of it what I meant was all the rumors of getting an article 15 for getting say a sunburn and being charged with "DAMAGE to GOV Property"

You might get in trouble if you get a sunburn but it doesnt say "damage to gov property" on the paper work

It's not a rumor. Two troops in my company got company grade ART15's . I didn't read their paperwork, so I can only speculate about the " damage to gvt property ", but I am quite certain about the UCMJ being directly related to their sunburns (couldn't wear boots/uniform).
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#38]
When we shipped off to Korea there was a rumor about a certain kind of STD, Black syphillus or something, that if you got it, they would quarantine you on some island somewhere.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I heard that there is a laxative in the chewing gum in MRE's.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
When we shipped off to Korea there was a rumor about a certain kind of STD, Black syphillus or something, that if you got it, they would quarantine you on some island somewhere.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I heard that there is a laxative in the chewing gum in MRE's.

Man I've heard these all.

The MRE is the laxative, the chewing gum is there to plug you back up...swallow it

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The MRE is the laxative, the chewing gum is there to plug you back up...swallow it

In my experience, an MRE is the exact opposite of a laxative.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That during lunch breaks, the hot redhead working the receiving desk gives out blowjobs like candy... only to find out that it was all a vicious rumor.

No it wasn't.    
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

funny, "back in the day" the MRE bound you up, and if you wanted to download, you ate the grape jelly packet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a rumor. Two troops in my company got company grade ART15's . I didn't read their paperwork, so I can only speculate about the " damage to gvt property ", but I am quite certain about the UCMJ being directly related to their sunburns (couldn't wear boots/uniform).

Ding ding...that's the winner...I know because while I worked off my Article 15 (not for sunburn) cleaning HQ for 10 days straight, one of the other girsl helping me got hers for that reason.
She was...very...er...RED and sick for 2 days with heatstroke. If you cannot report to duty or cannot report in full uniform, (for females, this includes bras--and they're hard to wear on crispy shoulders) they snag you. She did not lose pay or rank, but was relegated to cleaning lady after regular duty hours, as was I.

The only myth that immediately comes to mind was that the pork pattie in the MRE was supposedly loaded with Triconosis (SP?). I dunno...I needed no rumor to avoid that nasty brown sponge...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#44]

That one gets me in trouble. I'm married to an Army cook.

That would be "The Turkey Farm" at Chejudo island and its true (or at least it was in 2001-2002 when I was there). Had a guy catch it off post and bring it back to the barracks slut. Total of 10 in my unit and several in the others on the post that got to take a two week "vacation". Not to mention we all got to get "rodded off the range" if you know what I mean, and not only at the initial outbreak but before we could leave the country on leave or DEROS. I forget what STD it actually was, something not prevalent here in CONUS anyway, but we all called it black clap.

There are also a few billets at some of the various Army hospitals for folks who catch certain diseases, ie the HIVs, TB, and Hepatitis. They get sent there if they are found fit for duty but nondeployable to serve out their term.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/188491/SAR3.jpg

5.56 AK

that is an ak74 not 47
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5.56 AK

that is am ak74 not 47

Actually the 74 can shoot 5.56mm

The good ole 47 can shoot 5.56mm, 7.62commie and 7.62nato as well....thats why the Russian soldiers were sad to see it go, they couldn't use our 7.62 stocks when they over-ran units.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5.56 AK

that is am ak74 not 47

Actually the 74 can shoot 5.56mm

The good ole 47 can shoot 5.56mm, 7.62commie and 7.62nato as well....thats why the Russian soldiers were sad to see it go, they couldn't use our 7.62 stocks when they over-ran units.

That just not make any sense to me, anyone got the proof for that???

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry but what is the chip in the dog tag for then???
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Sorry but what is the chip in the dog tag for then???

The machine that stamped them used it as an index/handling notch, had nothing to do with all the BS that usually gets bantered around about it.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They put SOMETHING in the food or water in boot camp.  When I got out of MCRD I got hard when the wind blew!  Yet during boot camp I never even though about pussy...

There was also the fact that the DI's NEVER drank from the recruit's scuttlebutts.  That's a water fountain to all you landlubbers!

Its called stress.. i remember never getting a stiffy then like in the 5th week one time when i was not under stress for some reason...BAM! he was back..I had a tear in my eye...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top