Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 11:25:50 PM EDT
Could Russell Crowe take Julio Banderas? I know Russell Crowe is tough, because he beat up a homosexual hotel concierge in NYC with a phone, but could he take the 13th warrior???
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Russel Crowe is a fighter in real life. I bet that Banderas (Antonio, not Julio) is a wuss in real life. Look at who he is married to
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad served in Vietnam and worked with some type of Austrailian group.  He said that man for man, they were some tough SOB's and could take his Marines 9 times out of 10.  My dad wasn't much of a fighter, so for him to say that meant something.

I also remember reading a story somewhere about WWII where a bunch of Austrailians were taken prisoner by the Germans and the German commander remarked at how big the Aussies were.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Who's Julio Banderas?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Could Russell Crowe take Julio Banderas? I know Russell Crowe is tough, because he beat up a homosexual hotel concierge in NYC with a phone, but could he take the 13th warrior???

Tuff call......Crowe is got a quick temper but that can work against you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Banderas is about 5'9" and a scrawny little bitch of a man. Crowe is about 6' and seems to be your average drunken Aussie brawler.  Odds to Crowe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Banderas is about 5'9" and a scrawny little bitch of a man. Crowe is about 6' and seems to be your average drunken Aussie brawler.  Odds to Crowe.

You've got that backwards. Banderas is 6'0", Crowe is only 5'11"

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to there Bios in IMDB.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to there Bios in IMDB.

www.celebritywonder.com/html/russellcrowe.html

Name:  Russell Crowe  
Birth Name:  Russell Ira Crowe  
Height:  5' 11"  
Sex:  M  
Nationality:  Australian  
Birth Date:  April 7, 1964

That's where I got it from, dunno which is right.

Antonio Banderas is around 6'0", I've stood next to him and he's taller than me and I'm 5'10".

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#10]

quote:

Biography for
Antonio Banderas

Birth name
José Antonio Domínguez Bandera
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height
5' 9" (1.75 m)

------------------------------------------------

www.imdb.com/name/nm0000104/bio

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

quote:

Biography for
Antonio Banderas

Birth name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height
5' 9" (1.75 m)

I guarantee that's wrong. I am shorter than him, and I'm 5'10". Stood right next to him a couple years ago at media function, and he was wearing tennis shoes, not high-heeled pumps.

Either that, or his forehead has recently sprung up above his hairline 3"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

quote:

Biography for
Antonio Banderas

Birth name

Height
5' 9" (1.75 m)

I guarantee that's wrong. I am shorter than him, and I'm 5'10". Stood right next to him a couple years ago at media function, and he was wearing tennis shoes, not high-heeled pumps.

Strange.  I've heard he was shorter.  Not that the television is a reliable source for anything.  In most online pics I've just seen he doesn't seem to be much taller than Catherine Zeta Jones who's supposed to be 5'8".

It's not like argueing over the height of an actor is of any real importance though.    

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

quote:

Biography for
Antonio Banderas

Birth name

Height
5' 9" (1.75 m)

Strange.  I've heard he was shorter.  Not that the television is a reliable source for anything.  In most online pics I've just seen he doesn't seem to be much taller than Catherine Zeta Jones who's supposed to be 5'8".

It's not like argueing over the height of an actor is of any real importance though.    

Maybe I'm only 5'6" and I've been lying to myself all these years. I've been known to exaggerate certain measurements, on occasion. Ahem.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#14]
What the hell does height have to do with fighting ability? One of the most dangerous men I have ever met is the size of a middle schooler.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Only on ARFCOM could we have an argument about how tall celebrities are?

LMAO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd like to see Kurt Russell kick Julio Banderas' ass any day...

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Chuck Norris wouldn't be having this conversation!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top