Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 11:10:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a typical pyramid scheme.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Run Forrest, Run!!

Sams Club type deal on the internet with a pyramid built in.  buy.com might be cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
IBO = Independent Business Ownership.

I found this one after 10 seconds of searching:

I love Quixtar.com! Even though I’m not doing it my friends are and they make good money. One of them is going to retire soon, she’s only 19 years old. That beats my job’s retirement plan any day. Even though I’m deaf I’m still thinking about how Quixtar could work for me.

Drink the Flavor Aid!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats how Amway and their Internet spin-off Quixtar make their money. They sucker you in with promises of a huge earning potential and then force you to continuously buy their "motivational" and "instruction" videos, tapes, dvd's and over priced trips to conventions.... Only the higher ups are making money.

They are all HUGE scams. STAY AWAY!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ive had 3 people in the last two weeks try to get me to sign up with some IBO company. I got trapped at some meeting for damn near 3 hours and still dont know what the heck it is. Basically they told me you pay $200 to sign up which then allows you to buy their products. I guess whatever you buy you get a % back. Then I guess you sign other people up and get a % of what they buy. Its basically a pyramid system as far as I can tell. The whole deal seems like a lot of bs to me but like I said I dont have a clue how it even works. Well I guess I understand how it works just not why someone would sign up for it. I think the company is pretty much like Amway or whatever its called. Do people actually make money off this crap or is a big scam. It seems like the only way to make anything is by coning your friends & family into signing up and buying the stuff. Anyone ever have any experience with one of these?

Multi-level-Marketing.

Biggest legitimate scam on the face of the earth.

Pyramid scam is exactly what it is and you must dedicate your life to conning everyone you meet into joining and then get several people like yourself to continue building levels below you.  Once you reach a critical mass of people underneath you then there is a steady income.  But it takes thousands of people and you will end up with no friends, only customers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thats how Amway and their Internet spin-off Quixtar make their money. They sucker you in with promises of a huge earning potential and then force you to continuously buy their "motivational" and "instruction" videos, tapes, dvd's and over priced trips to conventions.... Only the higher ups are making money.

They are all HUGE scams. STAY AWAY!!!!

IBO is Amway/Quixtar speak.  A friend of mine (now exfriend) got in on Quixtar at the beginning even though I advised him not to.  He lost his pants on that one.  The only people who make money are the ones who sell these dumbies motivational tapes on getting rich.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
fuck that stuff. A very good friend of mine is being sucked into quixtar and wont believe that is truely is a scam, always trying to sell me on it.  His brother is in on it has already spent hundreds of dollars for fancy dinners and meetings, what a crock of shit
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The only way to get rich quick is to be born rich.

Quote:

TheLibertarianMind
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I was actually at a meeting on tuesday night for this bullshit.  The only way you can make money is by conning other people into doing this with you.  And even then it's pretty shady.  Although I must say, the energy drink and protein bars they sell actually taste good
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Pray to God any good friends of yours don't get sucked into this.   I've seen pleasant people turn into creeps doing this crap.  Every contact is business.  Like someone said before, you won't have friends.  People who can substitute living like cheap hucksters every day of their life for a decent job scare me, and there are plenty of them in amway/worldwide dream builders/whatever they're calling it now.

If you get close enough to someone who's really trying to make a living out of it, they'll tell you some of their secrets.  The only one I can really remember is the almost universal trick of not answering phones before a confirmed meeting, so that the victim can't cancel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Go ahead and join if you truly hate your friends and relatives.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top