Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 6:58:59 PM EDT
Question 1: Man is a being created by the God of nature (or nature,l whichever you prefer) and therefore possesses natural rights bestowed to him by the God of nature (or nature). True or False?

Question 2: Corporations are entities created by the law of man and have whatever rights are bestowed upon them law of man. True or false?

Question 3: If corporations are entities created by the law of man with rights provided by the law of man and the law of man can be changed by man's will, then the rights of corporations can be changed by man's will. True or False?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
t
t
f
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]

what?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what?

Where?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Question 1: Man is a being created by the God of nature (or nature,l whichever you prefer) and therefore possesses natural rights bestowed to him by the God of nature (or nature). True or False?

Question 2: Corporations are entities created by the law of man and have whatever rights are bestowed upon them law of man. True or false?

Question 3: If corporations are entities created by the law of man with rights provided by the law of man and the law of man can be changed by man's will, then the rights of corporations can be changed by man's will. True or False?

True x 3.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

Where?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ????

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Question 4: If the crazy train was rolling through here and they told you they had your first class compartment waiting, would you get on? Yes or No
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

3x true
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

img491.imageshack.us/img491/8042/smellit2pz.jpg

Rrrrrrrrrrrrr it be up to me elbow and sticky.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

Where?

WHO????
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

Where?

WHO????

On first
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

Where?

WHO????

AND HOW?????????
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

I swear that is one of the funniest things ever on ar15.com  

For a short visit, that guy sure is having a lasting impression!  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
t
t
f

Which part of question #3 is false?

A. corporations are entities created by the law of man with rights provided by the law of man
B. the law of man can be changed by man's will
C. the rights of corporations can be changed by man's will
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Question 4: If the crazy train was rolling through here and they told you they had your first class compartment waiting, would you get on? Yes or No

No.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#17]
All three are true.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

I swear that is one of the funniest things ever on ar15.com  

For a short visit, that guy sure is having a lasting impression!  

It just fits in in so many ways!

I've also created some variations.

For example, this one might be appropriate in certain threads:

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#19]
All three true... so where are you going with this?    
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

BINGO

And it depends on what is being done and who is doing it.

And so this O so clever and transparent thread blows up in to the stinky cloud it deserves at the first sign of a ray of reason.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
All three are true.

Why then is it an infringment of freedom to limit the activities of a corporation?

I'm not trying to start an argument, I am simply trying to uncover the logic of a differing viewpoint.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't disagree with that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

And so this O so clever and transparent thread blows up in to the stinky cloud it deserves at the first sign of a ray of reason.

Actually, my intention is not to start an arguement. My intention is to uncover the logic behnd a differing point of view.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

Actually, my intention is not to start an arguement. My intention is to uncover the logic behnd a differing point of view.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yes ........
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

Oh please…

That was exactly your intention… hell that’s OK it makes you like everybody else.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

Oh please…

That was exactly your intention… hell that’s OK it makes you like everybody else.

Show me one point where I have been argumentative. I've even restrained myself despite the dim witted posts of basstit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#29]

So what IS the point of your three questions???

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

Oh please…

Show me one point where I have been argumentative. I've even restrained myself despite the dim witted posts of basstit.

There you go...

Has anybody ever pointed out you have slightly obsessive tendencies… how many ways can you beat the same drum... we get it… people disagree... you are not changing anybodies mind by going over this 30 different ways.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

There are alot of people here who feel that government restriction on the activities of corporations is an unaccecptable restriction on freedom.

I do not, but I want to understand where these people's logic differs from mine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are alot of people here who feel that government restriction on the activities of corporations is an unaccecptable restriction on freedom.

I do not, but I want to understand where these people's logic differs from mine.

Face it you are just a narrow minded commie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
As anybody ever pointed out you have slightly obsessive tendencies

No, but I don't disagree.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

True:  Due to man's nature, he has rights, which are the conditions he requires to live qua man. These rights may be violated by others of course, but not justly. "god" is an arbitrary idea with no evidence supporting it.

Quoted:

False: Corporations are just groups of people. They have the same rights as the people that form the corporation.

Quoted:

False: It is no more just to violate the rights of a group of people than it is to violate the rights of an individual.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Corporations ARE people… they have owners and stock holders and don’t presume for one second when the government restricts the freedom of a company it does not also restrict someone else freedom it has to. If the government passes a restriction that lower dividends it is taking money out of people/stock holders pockets… money equals freedom. Taxes are the most pervasive form of oppression… not imagined wiretaps for instance.

Are you aware many of the countries we compete with do not tax corporations at all…

Has it ever occurred to you oppressive US corporate taxes may be a large part of the problem and not free trade.

Has it ever occurred to you these corporate taxes are a lot of the incentive for moving jobs off shore and not free trade.

Has it occurred to you these corporate taxes put US industry at a disadvantage for the start line.

We DO NOT need more government intervention… we need less.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True:  Due to man's nature, he has rights, which are the conditions he requires to live qua man. These rights may be violated by others of course, but not justly. "god" is an arbitrary idea with no evidence supporting it.

The idea that a godless "nature" can give rights is a silly idea with nothing to support it.  Without God, "rights" are an arbitrary concept made up by man.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Corporations ARE people… they have owners and stock holders and don’t presume for one second when the government restricts the freedom of a company it does not also restrict someone else freedom it has to.

OK, let agree for a moment. Corporations are people. Corporations are people who depend on other people to function. These people are called employees. Corporations profit from the labor of their employees. Why is it then wrong for the society to say that the people who profit from the labor of other people must pay the people that they profit from a minimum wage, define a normal work period and require that they be paid for working hours beyond their normal work period, set limits on the ages of individuals that can be hired, require the corporation to provide employees with a safe work environment, place environmental restrictions on the corporation to ensure that it does not contaminate communities with dangerous pollutants and place tariffs on imported goods to encourage (not force) manufacturers to use local labor to produce the goods that will be sold in the market.

Are you aware many of the countries we compete with do not tax corporations at all…

Has it ever occurred to you oppressive US corporate taxes may be a large part of the problem and not free trade.

Has it ever occurred to you these corporate taxes are a lot of the incentive for moving jobs off shore and not free trade.

Has it occurred to you these corporate taxes put US industry at a disadvantage for the start line.

Corporate taxes are not an issue for me. If were up to me government programs would be cut to the bone and taxes right along with them. The responsibility of the government is to print money, enforce the law and defend the nation militarily and those are about the only activities I would fund. Just about everything esle could be done cheaper and more efficently by the private sector.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

***AWESOME***  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The idea that a godless "nature" can give rights is a silly idea with nothing to support it.  Without God, "rights" are an arbitrary concept made up by man.

First, let me note that you didn't even attempt to counter the idea that "god" is arbitrary, so I will assume you concende the point. Does that mean you really think rights are a meaningless non-sensical idea?

Rights are a concept made by man, but there is nothing arbitrary about them. The concept is firmly rooted in man's identity, which is to say in reality.

Originally Posted By AisA on forum.objectivismonline.net:
To say that man "has rights" is to say that man has a specific identity -- he is a rational being; which means: he has a specific means of survival -- by thinking; which means: he has certain fundamental requirements -- to be free from the initiation of force by others, to name the most basic.

This requirement exists, it is dictated by man's nature -- every man "has it". The concept of rights is a means of asserting and defining this requirement vis-à-vis the only thing that can violate it: other men. Man has rights because man has requirements that others can infringe.

Granted, there is no guarantee that those rights will be respected and protected. However, as proof that rights are inherent and not granted by others, observe that rights can be violated, but not destroyed. A thief may steal my car, but he cannot steal my right to property. Any subsequent thefts on his part will be just as wrong as the first, because my rights survive, they stay with me no matter how many times he violates them. Rights are inherent in our identity as human beings – regardless of the actions of others.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#40]
TRUE
TRUE
TRUE

Now then...  Exactly what are you smoking?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
what?

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Corporations ARE people… they have owners and stock holders and don’t presume for one second when the government restricts the freedom of a company it does not also restrict someone else freedom it has to.

OK, let agree for a moment. Corporations are people. Corporations are people who depend on other people to function. These people are called employees. Corporations profit from the labor of their employees. Why is it then wrong for the society to say that the people who profit from the labor of other people must pay the people that they profit from a minimum wage, define a normal work period and require that they be paid for working hours beyond their normal work period, set limits on the ages of individuals that can be hired, require the corporation to provide employees with a safe work environment, place environmental restrictions on the corporation to ensure that it does not contaminate communities with dangerous pollutants and place tariffs on imported goods to encourage (not force) manufacturers to use local labor to produce the goods that will be sold in the market.

Corporate taxes are not an issue for me. If were up to me government programs would be cut to the bone and taxes right along with them. The responsibility of the government is to print money, enforce the law and defend the nation militarily and those are about the only activities I would fund. Just about everything esle could be done cheaper and more efficently by the private sector.

Is this some kind of closet union debate?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what?

Where?

Huh
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Gay, very gay.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Question 3: If corporations are entities created by the law of man with rights provided by the law of man and the law of man can be changed by man's will, then the rights of corporations can be changed by man's will. True or False

Answer riddle 3: How much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top