Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 6:15:39 PM EDT
Im using xp pro on both computers.   have any and all password needed??  

i've believe ive done it before but i can't remember now

thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You reboot it like you would any other and reconnect when it comes back up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Start>shutdown> restart

How I did it anyway...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Open the "Task Manager" on the remote computer and use the "Shut Down" menu to restart.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
the only options are log off user.   or disconnect from remote desktop, think again
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Then something isnt right.. Did it have a virus....?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Open the "Task Manager" on the remote computer and use the "Shut Down" menu to restart.

nope when you do that it brings up task manger for the system you are currently at  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Start>shutdown> restart

How I did it anyway...

You don't always have that option.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Then something isnt right.. Did it have a virus....?

no this is my work computers.   i just need to reboot it so it will boot into different   os.

its running a dual boot of XP pro and fedora core 4.   the default boot os is fedora  .  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Start>Run>CMD>SHUTDOWN -r -t 01 to restart   SHUTDOWN -s -t 01 to turn off
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#10]
from your own computer commandline

shutdown \\remote_computer_name /r /c
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope when you do that it brings up task manger for the system you are currently at  

You cannot use ctrl-alt-del

When in the remote computers desktop right click when in the program bar at the botton of the screen this will bring up a menu where you can get to the Task Manager for the remote computer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#12]
i just figured it out.   from the system i want to reboot.  right click on the taskbar> taskmanager >  shutdown and then click restart.

thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
CTRL-ALT-END will get you the Task Manager in Remote Desktop...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i just figured it out.   from the system i want to reboot.  right click on the taskbar> taskmanager >  shutdown and then click restart.

thanks guys

That is what I was going to post.

I guess I was late.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#15]
well that was worthless   i just checked the dhcp clients table(in the router) and that system dropped off the face of the earth.   i must have had a bootable cd in the cdrom drive.  

same thing happend at my house one day.   i was at work putty ing  to my home system all of a sudden the system just stopped responding.  went home and the fan on my AMD 1800+ fell off.  i was eating peanut butter for a couple weeks after that  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top