Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 5:54:37 PM EDT
where is the best place to start? never had one before
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on your rating, I been getting 3 0% APR offers and stuff a week, but I got goos history
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/cc_home.asp has lots of useful info.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Look in your mailbox.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
For new credit or prior bad credit, you may want to look into a secured card. Places like Providian will usually issue a secured card with a $300 limit with a deposit into a savings account of $50. After a few months of good payment history, they usually raise your limit. After 18-24 months of good repayment history, you can get it changed over to an unsecured account and get your $50 back! Getting secured credit is your best bet to start building your credit score.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Target
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#7]
If you plan on paying of the balance every month, get a card that gives you cash back or free stuff for your purchases.  If you plan on carrying a balance from month to month, don't even get a card, it ain't worth the hassle. I know, I collect on them all day long.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Definately find one that gives you cash back.  If you pay off the balance every month, it's free money.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Look in your mailbox.

ROFL!!!
GR
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Look in your mailbox.

That's funny.

hook em Big_Bear.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
You're better off without one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'll tell you where to start.... DON'T FUCKING GET ONE.

Use your debit.check card from your bank, the ones secured by Visa or MC, where the money comes out of your account when you buy something... But, if it's stolen they will cover you and put the money back it.

Credit Card Companies are the fucking evil... Right up there with terrorists and anti-gun people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#13]
don't get one. It's just a plot by the evil corporations (acting all corporationy) to keep the proletariat down!

Say no to big business!!! Only use union credit cards!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Use your debit.check card from your bank, the ones secured by Visa or MC, where the money comes out of your account when you buy something... But, if it's stolen they will cover you and put the money back it.

Credit Card Companies are the fucking evil... Right up there with terrorists and anti-gun people.

i just want one for "those occasions"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Geez.

Credit Cards are not evil.

Go talk to your bank. They should be able to get you one of their cards.

Use it responsibly and you won't have any trouble. Only buy stuff you can afford to pay for. That is how it works.

I use my cards every damned day and haven't turned evil yet and neither have any of the companies I use.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
www.creditcards.com/cash-back.php

If you plan to pay off your balance every month, get the Chase Cash Plus Rewards Card.

5% cash back at grocery stores, gas stations and drug stores
1% cash back on all other purchases

But if you read the fine print, you get 5 points for every 1 dollar you spend at grocery stores, gas stations and drug stores...and 1 point on everything else.

You need to accumulate 5000 points before you get a $50 check or credit.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Try an NRA card or a Cabela's card.
Do not pay an annual fee (Make sure it is free)
Pay it off to a zero balance every month and it is just like cash. (If you can't afford it don't buy it)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
i just applied for the nra card, maybe i will get it since im a nra member
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I cant have one because i like booze and guns and have no self control.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN to That
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#21]
If you get one set the limit at $750.
Trust me on this one.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell on my first credit card they gave me a 7500 limit.  Credit cards are no more evil than black rifles!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Geez.

Credit Cards are not evil.

Go talk to your bank. They should be able to get you one of their cards.

Use it responsibly and you won't have any trouble. Only buy stuff you can afford to pay for. That is how it works.

I use my cards every damned day and haven't turned evil yet and neither have any of the companies I use.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top