Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 4:48:05 PM EDT
if you're not really into the older stuff?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
cheap, reliable weapons directly to your door, and someplaces (midway)give discounts on stuff if you have it
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
cheap, reliable weapons directly to your door, and someplaces (midway)give discounts on stuff if you have it

Garand is a C&R isn't it.

What about a SKS?

Both would be viable modern weapons if the person was trained.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Everybody needs a few M44/M38s and some cheap Yugo SKS's laying around in boxes don't they ?

There are many good reasons to get one like dealer prices from gunsmith sellers and such.

www.cruffler.com/
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Midway and Brownells both offer "Dealer" discounts to C&R holders.  Just for that reason alone, its paid for itself 10 times over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Midway discounts, buying SKSs directly to your door (sshhh... its a collection, not an arsenal).

Does save you some troubles on a CMP M1 Garand order.

$30 whats to lose? They cant bust down your door to do an inspection of your lowly Great War rifles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope, no reason to get one at all.

If you get a C&R you will wind-up spending money for stuff you don't really need and with rare exception, will actually haul out to the range and shoot. You're gonna spend time looking for the best prices on outdated ammo calibers, looking for parts to match the item you already have just to make sure it is "more" authentic. You'll spend money on holsters, mags, clips, bayos, ammo, scope rings, and more.

The disease is deceptive, it starts slowly, usually something as harmless as looking though an issue of Shotgun News.

When the C&R disease bites you, it is a long and oftentimes painful disease to cure. Unfortunatly, I don't know of any C&R sufferer that has ever been cured - they've all died without being cured.

*** BEWARE - C&R disease is a horrible affliction! ***
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you get one.....not that I need one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How do you get one.....not that I need one.

www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one, never used it, let it expire, now wish I hadn't let it go away.

Oh well, I can always re-apply.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I was on the fence - thanks for the push
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Garand is a C&R isn't it.

What about a SKS?

Both would be viable modern weapons if the person was trained.

The Garand is as are various models of the SKS… Russian, Romanian, Yugo, Albanian, ect. but not Chinese SKSs.

Anything 50+ years old or on the list is C&R.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool commie rifles like this.....$69 from AIM shipped to my door.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I had one, never used it, let it expire, now wish I hadn't let it go away.

Oh well, I can always re-apply.

$89 SKS's and $60 M44's, you gotta have a way to arm your Zombie eradication army :

ETA: and a few M38's

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have a C&R FFL, they let you go to the SHOT show!

My biggest reason is that I love having handguns shipped to my door. It is like living in the 1950's.

I would recommend the CZ-52 pistol to start off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#15]
tag for C&R link
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Have one and renewing it again this month.  Good for 3 years.

some thoughts:

it took forever to get

ATF can call and stop by to visit at any time - I believe once a year.  Which isn't a necessarily a bad thing but your paper work must be very precise.

And you can not act as a dealer - as a collector you can buy a gun here and sell a gun there but you can't buy a few and sell a few.  And if that sounds like there is some gray area there might be - but they will not be happy with a C&R collector who they think is abusing the license.....

just my .02

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

some thoughts:

it took forever to get

ATF can call and stop by to visit at any time - I believe once a year.  Which isn't a necessarily a bad thing but your paper work must be very precise.

Not correct

The ATF cannot visit ever without your permission. They can take a look at your bound book and collection but you can make them do that at a place of your choosing other than your home.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

some thoughts:

it took forever to get

Not correct

The ATF cannot visit ever without your permission. They can take a look at your bound book and collection but you can make them do that at a place of your choosing other than your home.

Thanks for the clarification - thats what i meant by the call statement - a place of the license holders choosing is a new one to me.  Thanks for the info.......
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Applying for one as soon as we move, hopefully in March!

If you will be moving soon, better to wait until you get to your new place, because you have to reapply for the new address anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
A kickass discount at Brownells and Midway.  

Paid for itself in 1 order, and I have not bought a C&R weapon yet.  Just the discount works for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]
A great reason to go broke.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
A great reason to go broke.

Ain’t that the damn truth.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Have any of the C&R's here ever actually got inspected?

I have never been, but I do keep up my book.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:20:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Midway and Brownells both offer "Dealer" discounts to C&R holders.  Just for that reason alone, its paid for itself 10 times over.

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Have any of the C&R's here ever actually got inspected?

I have never been, but I do keep up my book.

Had mine 9+ years never been inspected and I had to sell off my whole collection once because I lost my job. I sold off 60+ C&R firearms in a few months so they had to notice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Its enough to quaify for NFA goodies in MO
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Mine paid for itself 3x over in the first three weeks.  

You can also use it for the "shooting activity" requirement for the CMP.   Then you sign up for one of the hundreds of affiliated clubs (I use the VCDL).  Then Garands show up at your door.  How in the hell do you beat that???  I'm getting ready to order Garand #4.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If you have a C&R FFL, they let you go to the SHOT show!

My biggest reason is that I love having handguns shipped to my door. It is like living in the 1950's.

I would recommend the CZ-52 pistol to start off.

who has them in stock thu?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top