Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 3:10:44 PM EDT
And, if so, did you experience anything like what some call "twin speak?"  My wife and I have twin granddaughters age 2 1/2.  They seem a little slow in their language skills but quick in other learning.  They also have a lot of non-verbal communication and seem to have some babble that they understand.  I've read that some twins have their own language and even carry it into their later years.  
Anyone here know of this?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
yes

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
um, I'ma twin :)

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Most twins these days are the side-effect mutations of fertility drugs.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep...see
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I've heard about it and read about it.  My son was very slow to speak so I did some studying a book called "The Einstein Syndrome" detailed the Twin Language.  

Patty
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I was.

But I absorbed him inside the womb.

He's growing inside my skull now.  I can hear him whispering to me in the night.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
According to some guy that I used to work with, my face and his ass are twins.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Seriously though I am a twin.  Until we got out of college and started living apart my brother and I had a connection stronger than normal siblings.  Well we still do...

My dad said when we were little we did have our own language.  I do not know if we were slow to develop speaking abilities.  We did however imitate each other, both in action and words.  If one of us did something like crawl up on the table and get spanked.  While the spanking was going on the other was crawling up onto the same table.

It carried over into our college years, he and I could whoop anyone in a game of  Taboo or the like.  We just had so many similarities and thought alike because we had always been in the same situations.  Since then though we went very different routes.  He is in the army and I work in the architectural design field so our experiences are very different and the way we look at things have changed.  Hmmm.  It would be fun to try Taboo or the like now.

I have observed that couples who have been together for a long time develop their own language as well.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a twin sister (fraternal).  I don't think we ever had our own language, I'll have to call my dad and ask.

Amazingly, the first question I get when I tell someone that I have a twin sister is, "Are you two identical?"  

My standard response is, "All except the genitals."    
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to be. But he got on my nerves . . .
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I am an identical triplet.

Don't know about the language thing, but one of us will call the others and say something like "Have you heard about that new Mach 3 razor?" and the others will have gotten it the same day the first one did.

Or read the same book at the same time.

After not calling for a few days, I'll call one brother and find out he's on the phone with my other brother.

Lots of weird stuff like that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I was.  He is dead now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

and your source is?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and your source is?

Weekly World News.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a twin sister, we have a thought process that  overall is much alike.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and your source is?

Thats common knowledge.

I have a twin sister, we have a thought process that overall is much alike.

Your feelings have now betrayed her too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Seriously though I am a twin.  Until we got out of college and started living apart my brother and I had a connection stronger than normal siblings.  Well we still do...

My dad said when we were little we did have our own language.  I do not know if we were slow to develop speaking abilities.  We did however imitate each other, both in action and words.  If one of us did something like crawl up on the table and get spanked.  While the spanking was going on the other was crawling up onto the same table.

It carried over into our college years, he and I could whoop anyone in a game of  Taboo or the like.  We just had so many similarities and thought alike because we had always been in the same situations.  Since then though we went very different routes.  He is in the army and I work in the architectural design field so our experiences are very different and the way we look at things have changed.  Hmmm.  It would be fun to try Taboo or the like now.

I have observed that couples who have been together for a long time develop their own language as well.

The part about imitating each other is so true.  One of our granddaughters will get scolded for doing something and the other will watch it happen and then do the same thing!  It's amazing!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have a twin sister (fraternal).  I don't think we ever had our own language, I'll have to call my dad and ask.

Amazingly, the first question I get when I tell someone that I have a twin sister is, "Are you two identical?"  

My standard response is, "All except the genitals."    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top