Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:25:08 AM EDT
You may think your slick. Not so fast, there captain.

1. You look like an idiot. And that's being charitable.

In reality, you look like a Trekkie, trying to impersonate a Borg. Us "earthlings" are more inclined to shoot you on sight and save the planet from you than be impressed with your tech saavy.

2. Wearing a cell phone is not a status symbol. At least not a good one.

The ONLY people who need to be THAT "connected" are drug addicts and drug dealers. Which are you?

3. When we go against our better judgment and do actually talk to you, and you tell us "Hold on, I gotta take this call..." we're having Star Trek flashbacks to when the Borg mother ship gets annihilated.

4. You aren't really that important.

We know you lead a pathetic life, and that you are trying to impress us with your pseudo importance. How do we know this? We hear your "vital" conversations. Usually they go "Hello...I'm at the convenience store buying beer...... What are you doing?.........Nah, I'm not going , just gonna hang out at my dumpy apartment and watch Oprah....yer not going either? OK, later."

DO you REALLY need a frikken cell phone bolted to your head for that????

Lots more could be said, but why bother? You won't listen....you have a "vital" phone call to take.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
  They are great for use while driving
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

RIiighht. That's why your weaing it IN THE MALL????? Just try to keep it under 15 mph heading into Spencers OK, hombre?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
That is how God contacts me from the Mothership.  I don't want to miss His call, so I wear it religiously.

Oh yeah, it makes it safer to talk and drive too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a bluetooth headset, and just keep my phone in my pocket.  

You have no idea what you are talking about.  I take calls daily that are more important than you are.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
only cell phone i have is an old one that my sister was getting rid of i keep the battery charged and leave it in the car for 911 if needed, other than that i hate the damn things.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah i agree i see people doing it at all the time and it is teh gay.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
earbud people.... I cant stand them either.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
For the longest time, I had no idea what those damn things were.  Some sort of IPOD thingy was my best guess.

The look uncomfortable as heck to wear.

I'm dreading getting a new phone whenever my old Sanyo craters.  All I want the damn thing to do is send and receive calls.  I don't believe they are made anymore without a video camera and cappichino machine
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Garandman: Your post reads like you're only 2 or 3 years away from plowing through a crowded Farmers Market in your Oldsmobile.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I think they are silly looking too, but sighting STAR TREK references to back up your arguement puts you in the exact same category, partner.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#13]
One thing I cannot stand and will NEVER do is: Wear my damn cell phone on a belt clip on my pants. I freaking hate that crap.  Put it in your pocket.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I only wish the existing headsets were smaller, and had the little boom mike like the astronauts used to have.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It is a vital component of the "Geek Kit" which is why I can't bring myself to use one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Garandman: Your post reads like you're only 2 or 3 years away from plowing through a crowded Farmers Market in your Oldsmobile.

MONTHS not years, partner.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
One thing I cannot stand and will NEVER do is: Wear my damn cell phone on a belt clip on my pants. I freaking hate that crap.  Put it in your pocket.

Some are too large to keep in your pocket, especially the PDA/phones like Blackberry's.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think they are silly looking too, but sighting STAR TREK references to back up your arguement puts you in the exact same category, partner.

I had to demean myself to explain it  in terms they can understand.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#20]
cell phones suck- you cant drive as good with one on your ear. fact

Saw a lady at the parking garage with a rag wraped around her head and the cell wedged up in there - she was talking on the phone while collecitng parking money
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  I take calls daily that are more important than you are.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I crap bigger than you."

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Walk around in New York City.  I'm not "anti-handsfree" or anything, but it's really obnoxious how cell phones are always attached to someone's head here.  What annoys me are those people who hold a phone to their head while they walk and don't talk.  As far as I can tell, they do it only to avoid interacting with anyone else on the street.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I crap bigger than you."

Please do NOT post pics.  I will take your word for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I do that at work, but it's because I have to wear dress pants and like having the room in my pocket. When I'm not at work it goes in my pocket and my pistol goes on my hip
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#27]
wow, you need to settle down.

Getting very UPTIGHT for something that does not even concern you or even affect you.

They do in fact make it easier to take calls while your hands are busy (driving, writing, working, insert choice here)

Yeah it might like stupid, but wearing your ballcap backwards or men wearing jewelry or even females going to college and in the workplace..you know...things change, for the better.

Deal with it, get some meds, or put yourself out of misery.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#28]
If it helps you in your life to look like an operator, fine.  I'm still going to mock you for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Walk around in New York City.  I'm not "anti-handsfree" or anything, but it's really obnoxious how cell phones are always attached to someone's head here.  What annoys me are those people who hold a phone to their head while they walk and don't talk. As far as I can tell, they do it only to avoid interacting with anyone else on the street.

Damn, that's a good idea, I'll try it at work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#30]
+1

If you take it out of your pocket and stick it on your ear while making or receiving a call, that's fine.  Same with having it on or ready in the car or office, but wearing it like a fashion accessory  at the mall or in a retaurant is GAY.

Oh, and people who are wearing them and switch back and forth between conversations on the phone and with you, sometimes within the same paragraph really suck.  They'll ask a question, then when you don't respond ask it again obnoxously while giving you a pissed off look, when you have no idea if they are still talking to the person on the phone or directly to you.  We should be legally allowed to immediately hit them in the face with the largest object within reach.  But no, they are a customer or a client and you have to be nice and put up that that bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to demean myself to explain it  in terms they can understand.  

Gotcha!  Now we need a smiley with the earpiece on its head!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Technophobic much?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't give a crap what anyone says, i have a bluetooth headset that i use while i'm driving. I have never taken it or will ever take it with me out in public because it's pointless & stupid, but it works great & is very practical while driving.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RIiighht. That's why your weaing it IN THE MALL????? Just try to keep it under 15 mph heading into Spencers OK, hombre?

I don't know who put a burr in your butt, but I don't wear it IN THE MALL.   I try not to even go IN A MALL anymore.

Just ignore those self involved folks

Quoted:

garandman
Team Member Bronze Contributor
Benevolently Intolerant

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
You forgot Ipod headphones in your rant!

HEY!! There's a huge difference. iPod headphones are 2006's version of the fuzzy orange Sony Walkman headphones from the 80's. But the biggest difference is when people are listening to their MP3 players they're trying to tune out people like the phone talkers.

I think the funniest thing about the In-ear Cell Phones is that it takes a moment for someone to realize the person isn't having a conversation with themself but that they're on the phone with someone. Most people doing that look like complete idiots.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

In reality, you look like a Trekkie, trying to impersonate a Borg. Us "earthlings" are more inclined to shoot you on sight and save the planet from you than be impressed with your tech saavy.

The ONLY people who need to be THAT "connected" are drug addicts and drug dealers. Which are you?

3. When we go against our better judgment and do actually talk to you, and you tell us "Hold on, I gotta take this call..." we're having Star Trek flashbacks to when the Borg mother ship gets annihilated.

We know you lead a pathetic life, and that you are trying to impress us with your pseudo importance. How do we know this? We hear your "vital" conversations. Usually they go "Hello...I'm at the convenience store buying beer...... What are you doing?.........Nah, I'm not going , just gonna hang out at my dumpy apartment and watch Oprah....yer not going either? OK, later."

Lots more could be said, but why bother? You won't listen....you have a "vital" phone call to take.

Did you get this as a email today
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Some of these replies are a little overly defensive....if you're driving using one yea ok, if you're on the phone all day I can see that too - I think he means people like I have seen - obviously lower socio-economic types desperately trying to appear important,  jabbering while they're in the check-out line about 'who sed dat' or whatever, it's rude, which has come to be normal.
I think it's funny in a kind of tragic way
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I don't give a crap what anyone says, i have a bluetooth headset that i use while i'm driving. I have never taken it or will ever take it with me out in public because it's pointless & stupid, but it works great & is very practical while driving.  

While driving is a GOOD idea.

In the convenience store (as I posted illustratively) NO WAY.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Did you get this as a email today

Nope.

Its 100% certified Grade A garandman

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You mean like this?

www.collegeboredom.com/top8/hands-free-cell-phone.jpg

EXACTLY!

PLEASE go down to Kmart and buy yourself a life.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe they are undercover mall ninjas. You know they have to stay in constant communication in case there's a robbery in the food court. The next time you see one, notice if he's wearing special boots.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#43]
What I find more amazing is the huge number of people now who seem to simply have to be able to call a friend and spout off to someone all the time. It's not a matter of business at all, it's mostly younger people and it's mostly females. The concept that anything that falls out of one's noggin is worthy of making someone else listen to just doesn't bode well for the virtues of future generations.
~
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I hate my cell phone...it's an electronic leash. I only have it for my job.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
You mean like this?

www.collegeboredom.com/top8/hands-free-cell-phone.jpg

That picture never gets old.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While driving is a GOOD idea.

In the convenience store (as I posted illustratively) NO WAY.

Agree 100%
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That was a pointless rant. I don't see why... hold on... Red leader to mothership, code 4-20 in progress, over... anyway, like I was saying, the Bluetooth headset is just a technological convenience.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#48]
I dont own a cell phone.

That being said I think only a faggot looks at, cares about, and comments on what others guys are wearing.

Well faggots and women anyways.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That's real smart....NOT.

Atleast up by your head you have a certain amount of "skull-bone" to limit somewhat the EMF amd microwaves that your absorbing.

Down by your nuts don't be suprised in a few years, if you find yourself with the same problem cops had a few years back (those that rested their radar guns in their laps; which ended up with testicular cancer....... ouch).

Mike

ps - it is a proven fact that the soft tissue around one's waist or groin area allows the absorption of EMF and microwaves at a much more substantial and deeper rate..................
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top