Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 5:30:42 AM EDT
Just got a Stackon electronic lock gun safe.  I fucked up entering the default code (damn dyslexia) now it won't let me even enter anything.  Tips?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Wait 30 mins and enter the default code again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Got the numbers right this time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Somewhere in the directions there might be some info that could help you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Reading directions is grounds for handing in your Man Card.

Didn't you know that? It's in the rule book, go read it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Don't you know that prior to reading directions, calling the cops, EMT, dog catcher or fire department you are obligated to consult the brilliant minds of ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you know that prior to reading directions, calling the cops, EMT, dog catcher or fire department you are obligated to consult the brilliant minds of ARFCOM?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Try this:

"OPEN SESAME!!"

Did it work?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#8]
The instructions say to not lock the instructions inside the safe... but if they're locked in there, you wouldn't be able to read that.

I got one of those, too. I got the smaller 16-gun safe. Not too bad for the price. When I finally end up getting a more expensive one, I'll use my Stack On safe for ammo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The instructions say to not lock the instructions inside the safe... but if they're locked in there, you wouldn't be able to read that.

I got one of those, too. I got the smaller 16-gun safe. Not too bad for the price. When I finally end up getting a more expensive one, I'll use my Stack On safe for ammo.

That is the one I got.  Not really a 16 gun safe and it doesn't seem to be made for AR carbines, but for $320 you can't beat it.  IfWhen my collection gets larger than the safe I will just get another safe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Your ammo will fit in a space that small???

Seriously, after 3 failed attempts to enter the correct code, the keyboard shuts down for a period of time (I think 5 minutes) before it will accept entries again.  I like my Stackon, but it is too small already.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#11]
No, it's NOT made for carbines. I had to make a little shelf that sits along the back for the carbines. There is still a little space under it for a couple pistol cases.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No, it's NOT made for carbines. I had to make a little shelf that sits along the back for the carbines. There is still a little space under it for a couple pistol cases.

Problem fixed.  Lined the bottom of the safe with all of the WWB I have.  Raised the AR up high enough for it to fit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
You bought a safe with an electronic lock?  

Stupid is as stupid does.

Just wait until the zombies are at the door, and your lock goes to $#!+ on you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Look at the safe in the moonlight. Dwarven runes will appear. At that point just speak "friend" and enter.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#15]
How good of a safe can you buy for $320.00?  Might look good but any kind of crack head thief can open it in 5 minutes or less. Not trying to bust your chops, but save your money and buy a real safe. I picked up a used USPS safe for less than 300.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How good of a safe can you buy for $320.00?  Might look good but any kind of crack head thief can open it in 5 minutes or less. Not trying to bust your chops, but save your money and buy a real safe. I picked up a used USPS safe for less than 300.

Easier said then done when you rent have have small doorways and limited space.  I also don't see a crack head being able bust it open.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm not saying it......but.....but.....but.....

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't take much to open any gun safe it you know how. More than five minutes but way less than many would think - way less. 10 gauge steel is not that thick.

It is also really easy to just walk out of my house with guns that I don't have locked up too.  I have no room for a big, high end safe I got the next best thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top