Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 4:18:29 AM EDT
SIERRA BLANCA, TEXAS) -- Local lawmen in remote west Texas came face to face with ten armed men wearing what appeared to be Mexican army camouflage uniforms who came to the aid of one of three suspected drug dealers' vehicles when it became stuck in the riverbank of the Rio Grande, law enforcement officials said today.

link here www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8601B2BD-728F-4DCE-A6C2-4B84CE5F2955

TXL
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I think this was talked about here yesterday, but I heard about it again on NPR this morning.  I was surprised the MSM even bothered to mention it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
"Agent Andrea Simmons of the FBI in El Paso told 1200 WOAI news the bureau is 'aware' of the incident but is not investigating.

"At this point no federal laws that we investigate were violated," she said. "We are not involved."

thats pretty messed up right there...wtfs job is it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
So what would have happened if our LEO's tried to arrest them and a fire fight insude?  What would the FBI do then?

Prolly arrest the police for violating some ones cival rights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:25:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Agent Andrea Simmons of the FBI in El Paso told 1200 WOAI news the bureau is 'aware' of the incident but is not investigating.

"At this point no federal laws that we investigate were violated," she said. "We are not involved."

thats pretty messed up right there...wtfs job is it?

Yeah that is more disturbing that the actual event.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
On NPR, they talked to the sheriff of the county it happened in.  He said that's the *second* time this has happened in his county.  Why we didn't hear about the first time, I don't know.

But he said that with or without the Federal government's help, he's sick of it, and he's going to put a stop to it.  Good luck to him, I say!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#8]
see above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top