Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:29:19 PM EDT
Came home from work today and there, laying in my backyard as if it was sleeping, was a dead possum. No visible marks or wounds. Just laying there on its side as if it was wallking and suddenly fell over and died. I know my cat didn't kill it. I dont have a dog. What could possibly cause a possum to fall over dead in my backyard?
I guess tomorrow, when i get home, I'll bag the little bastard and put it in the garbage can to be picked up the next morning.
Ever find anything dead in your yard that you didnt kill yourself?    
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Chupacabra.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Rabies, for one

Be careful about touching random dead animals, especially if there's no apparent reason that it died.  If it's in your yard, got there during the day, and died, then i'd be very cautious about grabbing it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Opossums can carry plague fleas.  Wear gloves and bag it in plastic before discarding.

Bubonic plague-infested fleas have been found in OR, don't know about WA --- wouldn't surprise me to hear of it on the East side of the Cascades, though.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, yeah, BP problems in WA, ID, just about anywhere you might find fleas, and they're probably on the upswing with all these mild winters.  Fleas, I mean.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
It may have had the hiv.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My point is, it could have been dropped from an airplane.  

yep , i was thinking the very same thing .

brainman why didnt you just bag the little fucker up and chuck him when you found him ?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
 "That is all I have to say".  

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Vin Diesel killed it.

IBTCN (In Before The Chuck Norris)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top