Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 9:58:09 PM EDT
What the hell was that show about? I only saw the last 10 minutes and it was all anti-gun crap.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It was the whole small penis thing.  Still a funny show though.  Gotta love things that make fun of flag girls.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
God I love that show.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who likes it.  To get half the jokes you have to have an extensive background in tv watching as a kid.  

You didn't like Petey the Pistol?  "I get lonely.  Will you hug me?  Squeeze tighter!  When you do, I make a loud sound that scares off bad people!"
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#3]
You mighta missed that part where the old guy's spent about a generation graduating from 4th grade, finally does it and then goes hunting with his son.  Nice potrayal of hunters.  That's about where you tuned in...

Screw 'em.  This is why I rarely watch any TV at all........
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You mighta missed that part where the old guy's spent about a generation graduating from 4th grade, finally does it and then goes hunting with his son.  Nice potrayal of hunters.  That's about where you tuned in...

View Quote

They were making fun of the dad, not hunters. Anyway, I bet you were outraged about the break-open pump shotguns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Family Guy is the best comedy on fox. I missed this weeks episode though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I knew it would be good when they had the "viewer discretion advised" warning before the episode started.  The little lady did her share of elbowing when Peter got into guns to "compensate" for his, um, shortcomings.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
i like the simpsons ep were homer gets a gun "5 days but im angry now"
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
cyrax, "I'm mad now"

Also, the funniest thing about the Cartridge Family Simpsons episode is the name of the gun store:  "Bloodbath and Beyond"

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Imbro,
I imagine you as Peter's son. Just kidding.

The alcoholic dog and Stewie make the show worth all its propaganda.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Family Guy is funnier than hell.  So what if they inversely equated gun size with penis size?  If you don't have anything to worry about, you don't have any reason to be upset. [;)]

Sometimes it's healthy just to be able to laugh at how we are perceived.  It's not like people are going to be confused and think that they're watching the nightly news.

It's a cartoon for God's Sake.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

They were making fun of the dad, not hunters. Anyway, I bet you were outraged about the break-open pump shotguns.
View Quote

Damn shootin'.  Full-auto, too.  Plus the deer were unrealistically ridin' with no helmets, You didn't catch THAT, didja, RAVEN? [;D]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]
despite some antigun stuff, it was really funny, i personally liked the part with jesus and moses mowing down muslams with some kind of generic ak47. and the whole video they watched on why guns are good. despite some radical messages in it, it was mostly true ( minus the moses thing).  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
From the "Simpsons" episode in question.....

Homer-"where's the deadliest gun you have?"

Gun shop owner-"Isle 2,next to the sympathy
cards."
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Did anyone ever see the Family Guy episode where the handicapped ex-cop moved into their neighborhood?  During one part, the wheel chair guy thought someone was breaking into his house and shot at someone.  Turned out to be Charlton Heston.  Heston just said something like, "Good shot!" as he clutched his wound and fell to the ground.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I wasn't outraged by this week's episode.  The show is pretty conservative, so I figure it evens out.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
From the "Simpsons" episode in question.....

Homer-"where's the deadliest gun you have?"

Gun shop owner-"Isle 2,next to the sympathy
cards."
View Quote

also from that same episode

gun shop owner: "carefull there annie oakley"
Homer: "i dont have to be carefull i have a gun"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top