Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 2:11:38 PM EDT
I am married with no children, and my wife does not work. We have nothing special along the lines of itemized deductions, so I just file a 1040-EZ every year and take the standard deductions. The last few years I've used Tele-File and had the refund deposited directly into our checking account.

This year, the IRS has discontinued Tele-File and recommends some sort of E-Filing. I would rather E-File than snail mail in my forms, but am unsure as to what would be the best choice for me as far as E-Filing is concerned. I don't need all the hocus-pocus involving itemized deductions, just a quick and painless program like the 1040-EZ would be.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
H&R Block online tax extortion is about as easy as it gets.  
Intuit has free filing for people with income below 20k.  I've used H&R forever and have had no problems.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Turbo Tax. It's a great program for taxes, and very easy to use and file.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the IRS web site and follow the links to free E-filing software
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I very briefly read about the free ones on the IRS website, and it appears that I'll just get under the $50K cap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top