Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:15:22 AM EDT
For those of you that don't know me, I am an insurance agent.  I specialize in Health Insurance and Employee Benefits.  

I hope I get fired for this!  I am so sick and tired of ignorant lying son of a bitches!!!  

THE STORY:

This morning I get a call from a seemingly nice women looking for health insurance.  I ask for the basic information needed for a quote (name, date of birth, smoking status, general health etc...).

She tells me her age is 63.  Her age will make it harder to get insurance, but not impossible.  She says she is a nonsmoker, good to excellent health.  I tell her I will run quotes with the 3 or 4 companies that write individual health in our area and request that she drop by the office to review the quotes.  

She hems and haws for a minute or two..."I am getting my hair done, I have an appointment, blah blah fucking blah....)  Red flags are starting to fly.  Finally she says she will drop by in an hour or so.

Well the hour comes and goes.  Two hours later she strolls in and DEMANDS to see me, like she is doing me a favor!  She is over an hour late and I am with another client (a long time client of the agency and a good friend of mine).  I tell her I will be with her in 10 minutes.  She huffs and puffs and gets indignant about how SHE has important things to do, but she waits.

After about 10 minutes, I bring her to my office to review the quotes.  The 63 year old non-smoking woman in good to excellent health reeks of cigarrettes!!  She is 5'3'' and about 250lbs.  In review of the quotes, I again ask about health and meds.  She said she is in EXCELLENT health for a women her age.  She takes 2 high blood pressure meds daily, a cholesterol lowering agent and is an out of control diabetic!!!  WTF????

I told her politely that I wouldn't be able to find her insurance based upon her health issues.  There are simply no companies that will cover her.  Health issues aside, her height and weight is off the chart!  IF I could get her coverage, her age and the fact that she is a smoker would make it cost prohibitive.

This bitch began to yell and scream in my office.  It is apparently all my fault that she cannot get insurance.  Apparently, I have been unknowingly making her chain smoke for 45 years and have been force feeding her McDonalds for nearly as long!!  

She called me a thief and a liar (very loudly I might add).  In addition to calling me every name in the book, she threatened to sue, on what grounds I have no clue.  More power to you, you fat lazy lying bitch!!!

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!  TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THINGS IN YOUR LIFE!!!  ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THAT, FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#1]
BTW:  I feel much better now.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes? I hate people all the time.

Think of it this way: If there were no people like this, the world would be very boring.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!  TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THINGS IN YOUR LIFE!!!  ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THAT, FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!

I agree.

+1

now go take a smoke break    
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
the world is full of lying good for nothings.  If it wasn't then Earth would be a little better and more honist.  

That aside... I would have said, "you provided incorrect information, I am unable to help you."

Let the wind-bag huff and puff, maybe she'll have her heart attack and rid the world of one more pain.

Now if you don't mind I'm going to sit behind this computer and rot my eyes out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
My mom is very upset at the mental anguish that you caused her. Right before she passed out from a diabetic coma, she made me promise to load her on the dolly and cart her over to the family lawyers, Shuyster and Shuyster. You've had it now, "Mister I'm soooo much better than your fat , lazy, unemployed, alcoholic, schizophrenic, nicotine-addicted ,cheeto-stained fingers, powdered sugar caked on the lips, two-liter bottle of pepsi drinking, whole bucket of extra crispy eating, uninsured  mother"

roy d...whatever dude. whatever.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Only pay for medical insurance when you absolutely need it.  Don't bother getting it beforehand.

And if you can't get it, sue someone.  It's the American Way!

I'm assuming this behavior is fully supported by People for the American Way, as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#7]
what a nutty bitch....how could a company make money insuring unhealthy people.

If  I sold insurance, I'd only sell to triatheletes and aerobics instructors.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Draw Down...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy Shit! But since this woman is over 62 doesn't she qualify for medicare?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Holy Shit! But since this woman is over 62 doesn't she qualify for medicare?

At age 64 and a half she can enroll.  Benefits begin at age 65.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top