Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 6:25:40 PM EDT
Callie: I found some casings by the curb, .223
Psycho M.E. that calls corpses "baby": That's from an assault rifle
Callie: they didn't hear the shots but heard the tires squeal out

now, we later learn there was a silencer(their term) used so that might explain not hearing the shots over the party music, but at the time she said it she should have thought it was a dumb comment considering how loud a .223 is
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, there are 2 things dumb about that statement.  Just because she found a .223 casing, doesn't mean that it necessarily came from an "assault rifle."  There are many bolt rifles out there that use .223 for varmit, and such.  Also, if they researched "assault rifle" their term is specific to machine guns, which 99% of us don't have.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, there are 2 things dumb about that statement.  Just because she found a .223 casing, doesn't mean that it necessarily came from an "assault rifle."  There are many bolt rifles out there that use .223 for varmit, and such.  Also, if they researched "assault rifle" their term is specific to machine guns, which 99% of us don't have.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
there should just be an ongoing 'stupid things from the CSI shows' thread here.

3 shows a week filled with impossible physics and moronic gun 'facts' would keep the thread alive forever.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw one where they set up maniquins where they had figured the people were standing and put laser pointers in the the fake bullet holes in the maniquins. There was more than one with 3 shot hit I believe, well the 3 lasers all pointed to the same window 200 yrds away. Amazing they could set up all this stuff and still get it exactly right. That show is a joke.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
How 'bout the "Rifling marks" on the bullet as a result of it being fired through a "Silencer"?    
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
why can't they just be like Michael Mann and do a little research?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How 'bout the "Rifling marks" on the bullet as a result of it being fired through a "Silencer"?    

Yea, i caught that also almost started a thread just about that.

Mayby is is to convince the dumb ass punks that  they better not use a suppressor?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I still like all those shows...

CSI, Law and Order and on and on....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
The sear leaves lans and grooves on the casing of assault bullets.  That's why you have to file down the sear to make a machine gun...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to know why they didn't call in the BATFE because of the NFA Item.

20 years and $500,000 fine for construction and manufacture before the crime (Murder 1) itself is factored in.  I almost phoned CBS up and asked about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I watched one the other night where a .38 revolver was carried near an MRI machine. The gun and the bullets were magnatized from the brief exposure of magnetic field generated by the MRI.

My wife said 'that's wierd' I replied with 'very, especially since most manufactured bullets are copper jackets with a lead core, if I recall correctly only steal has the ability to be magnatized and magnetically reactive...so yeah, that is wierd...and farfetched....and wrong...and stupid'

I agree that it's T.V. and just for entertainment, but many people believe everything they see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't stand CSI Miami in the first F@CKING place!  I couldn't watch David Caruso deep-throating his own hype and taking himself any more seriously without putting a bullet in my wife's TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top