Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 7:51:01 PM EDT
Any cops here that would be so cool as to help me out would be a great help.

I will start school in Jan. any thing I need to know? Every cop I talk to just look at me fuuny,I gess it's cuz I'm not a cop yet so they can't be cool with yet.

I would just like to tap in to some one that has been there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Be patient, open, honest and work hard, just like any other job.
Good luck,
Ice
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Take lot's of notes, never ever stick a nodoze pill in your speedloader during an inspection, always keep your weapon clean, dentist tools work great, when they tell you to keep your baton over your head while running laps, they [b]MEAN[/b] over your head. Never show up late for class if your a off-campus recruit, buy a library card at your local Law Library, you'll need it. Don't get stupid during the academy and try to be a cop that you aren't yet, take your spouse/girlfriend with you to the orientation so she'll get a good idea of what's coming for the next 6 months. Become close to your classmates and learn from them, their's always someone who excels at something you don't, did I say take notes? Keep a journal during your training, you'll get a kick out of it once you get along in years. Pay attention during officer safety classes, learn from others mistakes in this area, you and your partners/TO's life may depend on it right out of the academy. Remember, just because you pinned on a badge doesn't make you a god, you are not immortal and you're working for the guys and gals who don't have one.

Good Luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top