Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 1:39:53 PM EDT
A shop here in town got one in today with my name on it, but I am broke so I could only put a downpayment on it...

It is smaller than I had imagined, but I like its feel quite a bit.  The sight reticle is somewhat easy to lose due to the smaller FOV, but nothing that can't be fixed with practice.  The reticle was very sharp.  The night sights were pretty dim...compared to an EO or Aimpoint.  The optic has a distinctive AUG feel to it.  It is easier to strip than an AUG too, which is saying quite a bit.

My question though, for those who have one already, is the pinned on bbl shroud, and the bbl it is pinned to supposed to be fairly loose?  It looks like the bbl has quite a bit of rotational play in the receiver.  Is this normal?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My question though, for those who have one already, is the pinned on bbl shroud, and the bbl it is pinned to supposed to be fairly loose?  It looks like the bbl has quite a bit of rotational play in the receiver.  Is this normal?

While you wait for an answer from an owner...I've gone looking for threads about the PS90 here and on other boards and this play sounds like a normal thing.  I've heard owners comment on it in most of the review threads they put up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While you wait for an answer from an owner...I've gone looking for threads about the PS90 here and on other boards and this play sounds like a normal thing.  I've heard owners comment on it in most of the review threads they put up.

Cool, I had not noticed it mentioned here.  I got the general impression from looking it over that it was normal though...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
how can the take down be any easyer than an AUG, i have a USR and it is the most simple to break down gun, i've ever seen?  just 1 captive cross "pin" and the gun "falls" apart.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how can the take down be any easyer than an AUG, i have a USR and it is the most simple to break down gun, i've ever seen?  just 1 captive cross "pin" and the gun "falls" apart.

It can't get much easier than an AUG, I agree...

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This video shows it being re-assembled from it's major components. Looks very very simple and quick: video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2953410658987613476&q=p90

Video looks like it may have used it's badwidth limit (it's a long video), try again later.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A shop here in town got one in today with my name on it, but I am broke so I could only put a downpayment on it...

It is smaller than I had imagined, but I like its feel quite a bit.  The sight reticle is somewhat easy to lose due to the smaller FOV, but nothing that can't be fixed with practice.  The reticle was very sharp.  The night sights were pretty dim...compared to an EO or Aimpoint.  The optic has a distinctive AUG feel to it.  It is easier to strip than an AUG too, which is saying quite a bit.

The flash suppressor is part of the shroud that is screwed onto the barrel and then blind pinned. The barrel itself will rotate slightly and it is normal. It can also recoil back about 0.030" and was designed this way to reduce chamber pressures before the case is extracted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top