Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2006 1:24:01 PM EDT
Global panic, rioting, end of the world as we know it? How far south would the cold go?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
DEATH DEATH DEATH
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Ice Age, heh?

Is that a side-effect of global warming?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
We all have plenty of liberals to eat.  We will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
maybe i could sell some propane.....................
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Liberals don't have any guns, right?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe then and only then will the "Global Warming Chicken Littles' shut up!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Then Florida might have a really nice climate.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]
It......  *gasp* would be cold.

Quoted:

There is theory that global warming could cause an ice age.

the "Global Thermohaline Conveyor Belt" thingy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I really need to load Photoshop back on my laptop... because this is a great Ice Age Lootie opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Global Warming CAN cause an iceage.

Read
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Obviously, the Dems would blame George Bush for the increase in home heating oil costs, and tell us how Bush did it to exterminate minorities.

You even have to ask what would happen?  

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Forget the MINI Ice age! Try a full bore one like what will happen in 15,000 years.

Everything North of SoutDakota will be under a mile or more of ICE.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Life would continue as normal for those of us from either MN, ND, or WI. The rest of ya's better figure out what to do when it gets cold....

Not too many snowmobiles in say......Florida eh...?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm bugout snowmobile
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't mind a minor ice age. I hate hot weather.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
The same thing that happened during the last mini-ice age (IIRC it lasted from about the late 1200s to around 1850)...some crop shortages in some areas and a bit of immigration to warmer climates.  The mini-ice age was not a civilization killer.

Winter Montana wear would enjoy an upsurge in sales in northern latitudes.

If you want to do some reading up wikipedia has some good articles under Little Ice Age and the Year Without a Summer (1816).

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#19]

What would happen today if we had a mini-ice age like the 1300's

It would be alot more challenging to take a piss with all the turtleheads hiding in their shells

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read

Cool.  My people evolved from snow monkeys, I am Ready!

-HS
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Are you watching the thing on the history channel right now about the year without a summer which was in 1816.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cool.  My people evolved from snow monkeys, I am Ready!
/quote]

If you evolved from monkeys, then why are monkeys still around?

eta - this a joke, and by no means does it constitute the brewing of an evolution shitstorm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Are you watching the thing on the history channel right now about the year without a summer which was in 1816.

I was just going to post that
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What would happen today if we had a mini-ice age like the 1300's

It would be alot more challenging to take a piss with all the turtleheads hiding in their shells

Up here, you gotta wear a string on it anytime you think there may be a possibility of having to use it outdoors. Six inches of paracord usually does the trick...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#26]
It'd  be attributed to global warming, greenhouse gases, and George Bush.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Forget the MINI Ice age! Try a full bore one like what will happen in 15,000 years.

Everything North of SoutDakota will be under a mile or more of ICE.

You mean its not already?!?  
OMFG what am I going to do?
Will rice and beans keep for 15000 years or should I get in the group buy from Mtn House?  
Should I buy an SKS, an AK 47 or an AR 15?  
What should I use as a CCW a S&W 642 or a Keltec 9mm?
What shotgun should my wife carry across the frozen tundra?
How much gas should I hoard?
Do crampons come in designer colors?
How many rounds of .22 LR should I have on hand?
If my BOB is frozen solid inside my BOV will I be SOL?
Can zombies handle extremes of temperature?
Does tinfoil melt in the rain or should I get some extra felt to keep my ears warm when its -20 below the donut?
If Glocks blowup when they get too hot should I get one anyway because it will be cold?
Which is better a .45, a .40 or a 9mm and which will bring down the wolly mamoth or saber-tooth cat inside my cave?
Which knife should I carry for skinning walruses?
Please answer my questions as the next 14,990 years will go by like a shot and I'll be screwed when the Wal-Mart is sold out of all the goodies!

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It......  *gasp* would be cold.

Quoted:

There is theory that global warming could cause an ice age.

the "Global Thermohaline Conveyor Belt" thingy.

Is that similar to the "gotcha" that Mother Nature has provided to the environweenies?
40 years of environmental cleanup has resulted in cleaner air, which allows more sunlight to reach the Earth's surface, which provides a warming effect.
In short? Global warming is the fault of the enviroweenies.

How would I know? ... I didn't think that thing up.  

Edit: I was just tossing it out for discussion.  That doesn't mean I agree with or endorse or even understand it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I would learn to ski. There would finally be enough snow.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Weather heats up, gets cold. Then heats up again, gets cold again. The cycle will go on and on. Personally im not worried about it. Its not like it will be a radical change killing masses of people. People will just learn to live colder weather.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just going to post that

I saw it too.  It was amazing. Probably not new news to some people here, but I was impressed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuckin' bring it!!!!!!  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hmmm bugout snowmobile sled

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I would suggest expanding to include propane accessories.  Propane, like the M4 carbine, is nothing without its accessories
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Global panic, rioting, end of the world as we know it? How far south would the cold go?

Imagine Hurricane Katrina... with snow... and on a global scale.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The Mexicans would stay home.

We would be complaining about beer stealing canucks crossing the border.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Predictions:

1. More Rye bread
2. Many delicious beers would be stored outside in summer at optimal temperature of 50 degrees F.
3. More ice climbing in Northwest Arkansas
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#38]
No more trouble concealing my .45 would be a good thing.

Beyond that, the rest can be worked out.  

BTW--The movie "The Day After Tomorrow" deals with this exact theme. It has lots of the liberal cliche's and talking points included.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You watch too much History Channel. Aren't you worried about plague also?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd enjoy it actually being COLD in freakin' January.  I hate warm winters like we've had this year.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

BTW--The movie "The Day After Tomorrow" deals with this exact theme. It has lots of the liberal cliche's and talking points included.

No it doesn't.  It deals with a completely impossible chain of events, assuming we dont' get knocked off our orbit...and superwolves.

Mini-ice age is like a 1-2degree average yearly temp drop over just a few hundred years.  Some glacial expansion but nothing like covering the majority of the northern hemisphere in an ice sheet.  Most likely culprit of mini-ice age...slight changes in solar output over a time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Sweet, then we woould have weather in Texas!

96Ag
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

AND???

eta:  Damnit!  I was beaten by the buzzer!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Well  shit ya'll, that'll give us a reason to take the rest of Mexico.  It'd be good for them there mex's too, they wouldn't have to travel so far to work for us.

O i kill me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I am guessing that it would probably be kinda fucking cold
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Except for the fact that hurricanes are heat driven, which is why they quickly weaken and then die when they get over land.  You don't have hurricanes with snow.

Besides, all the enviroweenies have promised us year-round summer.  So it can't happen.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read

And loads of horseshit stink… You plant roses in horseshit so roses must stink.

Change the lie to fit all possibilities.

It gets warmer blame global warming…
It gets colder blame global warming…
It is Tuesday blame global warming…

The computer models that ALL these predictions are based on are WRONG… If a computer model that is used to predict future events is not reversible (when run in reverse predicts what actually happen in the past) it is worthless for predicting anything because the model is WRONG.

NONE of the computer models used to predict global warming and it supposed effects are reversible… meaning they are not reliable and meaningless.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it doesn't.  It deals with a completely impossible chain of events, assuming we dont' get knocked off our orbit...and superwolves.

Mini-ice age is like a 1-2degree average yearly temp drop over just a few hundred years.  Some glacial expansion but nothing like covering the majority of the northern hemisphere in an ice sheet.  Most likely culprit of mini-ice age...slight changes in solar output over a time.

You're right. I stand corrected.

I was just picturing the northern areas frozen over part, and didn't think about the entire cause/effect scenario. They did partially blame global warming though, as one of the problems in the chain of events.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#49]
We'd probably dress warm.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:15:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Except for the fact that hurricanes are heat driven, which is why they quickly weaken and then die when they get over land.  You don't have hurricanes with snow.

Besides, all the enviroweenies have promised us year-round summer.  So it can't happen.  

I was referring more to the outcome than the weather part of it... a bunch of ill prepared people running around like headless chickens until "the man" comes to rescue them. Other people exploiting the situation. Setting all the blame on the government.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top