Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 10:31:44 AM EDT
Anyone ever use StubHub.com to buy sports tickets?  Experiences?  Comments?  Tips?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I used them to sell some season tickets for the Washington Nationals.

They seem pretty organized, but I didn't like the fee structure as a seller.

The buying experience seems decent, and I think they require FedEx shipping, and they provide timeliness and refund guarantees.

I would use them if I really needed some tickets.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The buying experience seems decent, and I think they require FedEx shipping, and they provide timeliness and refund guarantees.

Who actually processes the payments?  Does the seller get my credit card info?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who actually processes the payments?  Does the seller get my credit card info?

No, Stubhub has their online store handling payments.  All the seller gets is your FedEx valid address, by way of the auto printed labels when I accept the sale.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I see a lot of mumbo jumbo about substituting tickets for those advertised and so on.  I'm gonna try it.  We'll see.

How easy is it for some guy to be selling fake tickets or something?  I show up at the game and they politely ask me to leave?  Am I being too paranoid?  There's no one in this loop verifying authenticity of the product for sale.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see a lot of mumbo jumbo about substituting tickets for those advertised and so on.  I'm gonna try it.  We'll see.

How easy is it for some guy to be selling fake tickets or something?  I show up at the game and they politely ask me to leave?  Am I being too paranoid?  There's no one in this loop verifying authenticity of the product for sale.

I think that's where their guarantees come into play, as I recall, I had to have a valid credit card on file -- as a seller.

I don't know about substituting tickets as the rules were pretty clear from the selling side, have the exact tickets you are offering, or be charged back for the sale value.

I think the "leap of faith" is similar to eBay, etc....

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help.  I tried to buy the tickets and by the time I registered it said they were sold.

I think I'll research other ways to get them.

I'm trying to get 2 tickets for opening day at Yankee Stadium.  I've arranged to take my girlfriend to New York and Pennsylvania and she is a huge Yankees fan from New Jersey.  I was online on Ticketmaster as soon as the tickets went on sale but they were already down to single tickets only.  Makes you wonder who bought them all up????

I want decent seats but not at $5-600.  She would kill me if I spent that much.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the help.  I tried to buy the tickets and by the time I registered it said they were sold.

I think I'll research other ways to get them.

I'm trying to get 2 tickets for opening day at Yankee Stadium.  I've arranged to take my girlfriend to New York and Pennsylvania and she is a huge Yankees fan from New Jersey.  I was online on Ticketmaster as soon as the tickets went on sale but they were already down to single tickets only.  Makes you wonder who bought them all up????

I want decent seats but not at $5-600.  She would kill me if I spent that much.

Again, I wouldn't hesitate to use Stubhub.

Yankees Stadium is always sold out.  I would try and get a game when they are playing Tampa Bay or something, better prices and more availability -- usually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top