Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 10:29:15 AM EDT
Some asshole busted my damn rear window out and ripped up my dash to get a $75 Sony deck and my 6x9 speakers in the back.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=430274
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
how did the police know?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Same guys hit 3 other cars withing about a 500 meter radius so they were checking the parking lots for busted windows.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#3]
how's your dog?

that sucks dude
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Dog died befor I moved so its still dead.

Kids are fine but it puts a bump in my plans.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
That sucks. I hate it when the heat wakes me up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Similar thing happened to my roommate in college.  Gotta love it when someone does $600 damage to a car just to steal a $30 cd player.  Damn that pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Did they bring fresh Krispy Kremes and Coffe
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the pleasure of waking up 7 households at 0700 hrs on Xmas morning '04 - apartment complex got hit by car burglars and I was the lucky bastard that found them.....  Needles to say, people weren't real thrilled to see me.  

And no, I didn't bring coffee and donuts

Brian
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Were you naked, and wearing nothing but a tin foil hat and some M60 belts of ammo?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had the pleasure of waking up 7 households at 0700 hrs on Xmas morning '04 - apartment complex got hit by car burglars and I was the lucky bastard that found them.....  Needles to say, people weren't real thrilled to see me.  

And no, I didn't bring coffee and donuts

Gah!  That's crap duty.  I think I'd offer YOU a cup of joe if you had that detail.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Were you naked, and wearing nothing but a tin foil hat and some M60 belts of ammo?

Oh jebus...that's an image I can't get out of my head now
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#12]
One night my daughter and friends went out of town to a play, and I was on the couch waiting for her to return.  Fell asleep.  About 2 am banging on the door.  I looked out, it was a deputy.  My already pounding heart was about to explode... all I could think was he was notifiying me of my daughter being in an accident.

He says, "Does that bike (pointing to one laying in the front yard) belong to you?"  

"Bike?  You woke me up about a f-----g bike???  No, that's not ours."

Turns out he was tracking some kids swiping bikes, and apparently they dumped on in my yard when they saw him.  He picked it up, took it with him.

I told him why I was pissed, not so much that he woke me, which did piss me off, just a bike, but about my daughter.  He apologized profusely.

She got home about 15 minutes later, safe and sound.  "Oh, Daddy, you didn't have to wait up for me, you could have gone to bed."
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh jebus...that's an image I can't get out of my head now

Almost I was naked so I threw on some long boxers and had my BlackWater open next to the door with about 200 rds of ammo next to it lol I didnt get it all picked up and put away last night.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]
You need to do what my friend did.  

He kept getting his radio ripped out of his car.   So he goes down to one of the pawn shops outside Ft Bragg and buys a broken but otherwise perfectly intact high dollar car radio.   He proceeds to disassemble the radio and take most of the guts out of it.   Then replaces the guts with Thermite, a battery, a electronic timer, and a collapsing circuit.  When said radio is ripped away from the car's power source, the collapsing circuit will collapse activating the timer, and after about a hour or two the Thermite is ignited.

His "radio" was stolen and a few hours later somewhere outside Ft Bragg, a garage/warehouse full of stolen equipment caught fire.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice

Good Idea

I was thinking more along the lines of enableing my GPS on my phone and doing something similar to see if  they would do it again. This way I could track them to see where it ended up at.

Then I could just go pay them a visit with the Police
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

He kept getting his radio ripped out of his car.   So he goes down to one of the pawn shops outside Ft Bragg and buys a broken but otherwise perfectly intact high dollar car radio.   He proceeds to disassemble the radio and take most of the guts out of it.   Then replaces the guts with Thermite, a battery, a electronic timer, and a collapsing circuit.  When said radio is ripped away from the car's power source, the collapsing circuit will collapse activating the timer, and after about a hour or two the Thermite is ignited.

His "radio" was stolen and a few hours later somewhere outside Ft Bragg, a garage/warehouse full of stolen equipment caught fire.

Your "friend" or urban myth???
Still a very cool story though
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

With my luck they would pull it and decide it was a POS and throw it in the back of my car.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Making such devices must come second nature when your an EOD tech

I'd burn my truck down if I tried that
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your "friend" or urban myth???
Still a very cool story though

True story!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#20]
A big thumbs up for eodtech2000!  

I hope that all of our thieving "audiophiles" get to hear that extra-deep "bass".
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Dog died befor I moved so its still dead.

Musta been one of dem', preeeee-crime units I been hearins' bout.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Making such devices must come second nature when your an EOD tech

I'd burn my truck down if I tried that

Hope your battery doesnt go dead or something!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#23]
The thermite-radio has to have a proximity RC circuit with a long-lasting battery backup, so it won't ignite in the car.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

~45min and still no pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top