User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 8:19:55 AM EDT
Lunar Blue and Clear interchangeable lenses
$20

Linkeroo

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good deal.

Anyone have good or bad experience with this particular type (XL-1)?
I see some have had problems with the SG-1's fogging up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Buyer beware
www.resellerratings.com/seller_info.pl?seller_id=1178

(always check resellerratings.com)
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Buyer beware

Cool site, thanks for the link.

They sound about on par with Sportsmans Guide though to be honest.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Buyer beware

Wow.  Looks like a bad deal, now!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Buyer beware

This guy doesn't sound too credible:

Reviewer:  needforspeed924 (2)

3/14/04 8:21 AM
I bought a atomic clock, I doesnt update, it defeats the whole feature of the clock, its just a regular clock. I recieved my clock in a refrigerate immediately box, I thoguht maybe someone in the family had sent some meat, I put it in the freezer. I contacted them and they said that my clock will come in a different box than my weather station ( anohter thing I bought from them). I eventualy found out that my clock was sitting in the freezer, in the 100% beef patties box. Once I put the batteries in the clock i tried to update but it did'nt work, my weather station did'nt work either. The instructions that you get with the products is about a pargraph of information on how to use it. IT HAS NO TECH SUPPORT NUMBER FOR ANY PRODUCTS.

ETA:  FWIW I've ordered from Heartland America a few times without a hitch.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Buyer beware

This guy doesn't sound too credible:

Reviewer:  needforspeed924 (2)

3/14/04 8:21 AM
I bought a atomic clock, I doesnt update, it defeats the whole feature of the clock, its just a regular clock. I recieved my clock in a refrigerate immediately box, I thoguht maybe someone in the family had sent some meat, I put it in the freezer. I contacted them and they said that my clock will come in a different box than my weather station ( anohter thing I bought from them). I eventualy found out that my clock was sitting in the freezer, in the 100% beef patties box. Once I put the batteries in the clock i tried to update but it did'nt work, my weather station did'nt work either. The instructions that you get with the products is about a pargraph of information on how to use it. IT HAS NO TECH SUPPORT NUMBER FOR ANY PRODUCTS.

ETA:  FWIW I've ordered from Heartland America a few times without a hitch.

That's a good one. I guess his clock didn't pass the freeze test. How many people here would just put a box in thier freezer without knowing what was in it? What a tard!

BTW, I ordered a pair. We'll see how fast they get here.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI post .

My order came in today . Every thing looks legit .
Wiley X marked pouch with clip .
Glasses ,straps and extra lenses . Now I just need to figure out how to swap the lenses out .
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if they are counterfeit?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a pair of Wiley X XL-1's. They fit INSIDE the ocular ridge. The lens is very close to your eye/eye lash/eye lid. The seal is tight and there is very little if any air circulation under the lens. They fog up badly, within seconds if you are even moderately active (this means normal range type shooting).  I dumped them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered mine on the 23rd and got mine today also. Everything looks good to me and I'm wearing them now. (yes I'm a goober and I don't care! ) Anyways, I don't think they would counterfit these. It's not like they are Oakleys or something. Especially with them being a safety glass.

So, who's going to buy an extra pair for the box-o-truth ?

Kris
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
. Now I just need to figure out how to swap the lenses out .

Pull down on the bottom front of the frame and push the lens out. Pretty easy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
more bad press on Heartland America HERE
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
. Now I just need to figure out how to swap the lenses out .

Pull down on the bottom front of the frame and push the lens out. Pretty easy.

Thanx .
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#15]
OK so it was 6 degrees out yesterday . It is a little warmer today . I have been in and out for the last two days with these things on and no fogging issues on them . What's the deal . i thought these things where supossed to fog up .
Hell I think I like these better than my Gargoyles now . Now the missus wants a pair .

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, my order arrived.  A little earlier than they said it would, correct amount charged to card and they certainly look like real Wiley X eyewear to me.

They have the pouch with clip, both pairs of lenses, the strap.  The various markings appear correct.

They seem pretty good and make a good seal around the eye except for a little bit at the outside corners.
They fit pretty well in conjunction with a pair of MSA/Sordins.

For $20 they are a great deal but I'm really glad I didn't pay $70 for them.  Oakley Jackets fit much better and are far more comfortable.  These will make great "expendable" eye protection though.

Overall, great buy and perfect service from Heartland America.  I ought to post a favorable review on one of those obscure bitch-sites to partially counteract the three (or however few there were) negative reviews out of the God knows how many thousands of customers they must have served.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I got mine yesterday also.  I think they actually seal up too well.  They did not fog over, but were instead condensing a layer of moisture.  Giving a blurry effect.  Doing some research, it says the foam padding is designed to be removable "in humid environments".  Unfortunately once you remove it, it can't be replaced.  I can't complain for $20 though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I had a pair of Wiley X XL-1's. They fit INSIDE the ocular ridge. The lens is very close to your eye/eye lash/eye lid. The seal is tight and there is very little if any air circulation under the lens. They fog up badly, within seconds if you are even moderately active (this means normal range type shooting).  I dumped them.

And if you have long eye lashes, they will rub up against the inside of the lens, getting it dirty and make your eyes just "feel funny" when using the strap.  I only wear mine when I absolutely have to (work bought'em for me and requires them), otherwise I wear my Oakleys.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Lunar Blue and Clear interchangeable lenses
$20

Linkeroo

Thanks for the heads up.  Grabbed a couple pair.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well, my order arrived.  A little earlier than they said it would, correct amount charged to card and they certainly look like real Wiley X eyewear to me.

They have the pouch with clip, both pairs of lenses, the strap.  The various markings appear correct.

They seem pretty good and make a good seal around the eye except for a little bit at the outside corners.

Thanks for the lead IAMLEGEND I got five sets in the mail today, no problems with HA, delivered as ordered. Question my rubber seals have slots notched all around, also are the originals wileys made in taiwan???
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the lead IAMLEGEND I got five sets in the mail today, no problems with HA, delivered as ordered. Question my rubber seals have slots notched all around, also are the originals wileys made in taiwan???

Holy crap!  5 pair?!?!

This link shows the SG1 and you can see the notched pattern in the seal, pretty much like the XL1 so I think this is standard.  And real XL-1's are made in Taiwan.  So there is nothing indicating to me that these are knock-offs.  Maybe the lunar blue lens is being discontinued or something, I don't know.
link

Glad you were interested and scored a deal.  Cheers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I think I'll grab some.

Unless someone else can point me to a better pair of sunglasses for $20.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Sorry, this item is no longer available.

Isn't timing everything.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone else get a weird email about these glasses from Heartland?

In one sense it confirms shipping, in another it says they aren't shipping:

Heartland America Shipment Confirmation

Customer Information:                  
Shipment: 1xxxxxx  Customer: 5xxxxx   Shipped:          
Customer Name: xxxxxxx              

Thanks For Your Order !

Item(s) In This Shipment:              
Line#    Item     Description                     Ord  Shp
1        80464    WILEY X SUNGLASSES #293           2    0 No Longer Available

Package Information:                    
TrackID                Shipped Via:        
NOT AVAILABLE                                                            

Please Note:
This confirmation only reflects items that have shipped
on your recent order.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, they didn't charge my cc, so I guess I missed out.

The order appeared to go through on their site.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:30:06 AM EDT
[#27]
how much do they charge for shipping?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
how much do they charge for shipping?

I think my total ordering 5 pairs was 115.00 or around bouts, but I think they are gone. Im glad I acted fast, that was a score
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top