Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 8:15:20 AM EDT

ATLANTA (January 23, 2006) - Home Depot here will open four gas and convenience stores, to be called Home Depot Fuel, in the Nashville, Tenn., area next month with the possibility of opening 300 by 2010. Home Depot has more than 2,000 stores. The initiative was announced at the company's annual meeting, according to news reports late last week. Many supermarkets, mass merchants and wholesale clubs, including Kroger, Wal-Mart Stores and Costco, have put gas stations next to their stores to give consumers another reason to stop in, according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Each station is expected to ring up from $5 million to $7 million in sales annually. Convenience stores could add $1.5 billion to the chain's total sales by 2010, the report said.

Filler up and some 2x4's to go please
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Filler up and some warped 2x4's to go please

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Filler up and some warped 2x4's to go please with a side of illegal aliens

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Filler up and some warped,, checked, split, green, and knotty 2x4's to go please

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Geez, as bad as the supermarkets now.

The local home depot around here must have signed something with tacobell and burgerking because you now can go to either of those places without leaving home depots property.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Filler up and some warped,, checked, split, green,knotty and EXTRA sappy 2x4's to go please

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Will they be continually out of stock, have no on-hand help, huge lines, and poor quality product like their main stores too?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

ATLANTA (January 23, 2006) - Home Depot here will open four gas and convenience stores, to be called Home Depot Fuel, in the Nashville, Tenn., area next month with the possibility of opening 300 by 2010. Home Depot has more than 2,000 stores. The initiative was announced at the company's annual meeting, according to news reports late last week. Many supermarkets, mass merchants and wholesale clubs, including Kroger, Wal-Mart Stores and Costco, have put gas stations next to their stores to give consumers another reason to stop in, according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Each station is expected to ring up from $5 million to $7 million in sales annually. Convenience stores could add $1.5 billion to the chain's total sales by 2010, the report said.

Filler up and some 2x4's to go please

So that explains the fuel pumps and everything that were being set up out at the Franklin, TN Home Depot this weekend!!

We were wondering about that.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, I'm gonna fill my car up at a gas station with 75 "undocumented migrant day workers". My car would disappear before I could say "$15 on pump 7"
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
yeah, I'm gonna fill my car up at a gas station with 75 "undocumented migrant day workers". My car would disappear before I could say "$15 on pump 7"

Actually this would truly become a one stop shop.  Get gas, building supplies, and your illegal labor all in one spot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They're just stealing the cars American's don't want to steal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#11]
We gots a Homeless Depot here with a Fuddruckers inside...kinda weird eating in a hardware store, but I got used to it.

ByteTheBullet   (-:
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I swear, that never....ever gets old.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been boycotting THD for about three years now.  They sold me a used washing machine that was crap.  When I called maytag about the warranty it had already expired because the machine was sold and registered over a year before I bought it.  If this story is hard for you to believe, you should imagine how I felt as it was playing out. The machine was on a clearence sale and they never told me it was used.  Dickheads.  When I absolutely have to get an item there, I use my Lowes card.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, this could be a good thing... Full service gas station, just have the illegals you're picking up, fuel your truck, check the oil, clean the windshield and you won't even have to leave the cab.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top