Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 8:08:32 AM EDT
A while back someone posted a parts kit where you had everything you needed to complete your stripped lower receiver?

Anyone know of any good ones?

specifically a m4 style
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#1]
bushmaster.com
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster sells them from their website
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#3]
bushmaster has them in their cataloge for $65
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to the Industry forum and look around there. I've bought kits from J & T Distributing plus parts and accessories from Ameetec. I've been very pleased with both companies.

Jim
tba
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#6]
industry forum is your friend
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#7]
check out this one : complete Rock rivers kit for 620, seems like a pretty good deal...
RRA kit
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My last two kits were from J&T Distributing www.jtdistributing.com.

I am very pleased with the quality of the parts, and their assembly of the upper.  

DO order their catalog.  It has a lot more than what you can find on the website.  There are more barrel, and configuration options.  

Also, if you don't see just what you need, call them.  They can probably assemble what you want.

OK, let's get specific.  I purchased two carbine kits, 16" barrels, on two different occasions.  Each time they were delivered in 3 business days.  An order placed on a Tuesday evening was delivered the following Friday.  An order placed on a Thursday evening was delivered the following Monday.

They arrived well packed and no damage.  The packaging was VERY good, better than any new gun I have ever purchased.

I was expecting a full kit, as I had gotten from others in the past.  That is, I was expecting to attach the barrel, gas tube, install the fwd assist, etc.  No... the uppers were fully assembled, ready to pin on and shoot.

Lower parts were bagged well.  I had an extra spring or detent or something.  Tossed it in my spare parts.  It is not uncommon to be missing or have an extra small part in kits from any manufacturer.  So, if you are missing some tiny part, I probably got yours.

The uppers perfectly matched my DPMS lowers in both color and fit.  Just could not ask for better.

Now the real test, let's go to the range...

With the 16" HBAR, on the bench, I was getting 1.5" groups (@100 yds) with SA battle pack ammo, which is about as good as that ammo will do for me with iron sights.  My eyes are aging, too.  

With the first J&T kit, I now have about 6 battle packs through it, that is 1800 rounds.  NOT ONE SINGLE malfuntion of any sort.  It goes bang every time.

With the second J&T kit, I now have 3 battle packs through it, 900 rnds.  ONE mag related.  Second to last round popped out.  That mag was old, known to have a weak spring.  Replaced the mag spring, and have had no more malfunctions with that mag, or the rifle.

I have also purchased from J&T a couple of A3 upper receivers, with which I replaced my A1 and A2 upper receivers.  As I said, aging eyes, have gone to Eotechs and an IOR M2 on most of my AR's.  Also purchased from them a couple of lower parts kits, and a chromelined "pencil" contour barrel.  I have been satisfied with all of these except for one thing.

J&T, like 95% of the parts suppliers out there, including Colt, supply "notched" AR-15 hammers.  While these work on most AR's, occasionally you will get an AR that the hammer notch will drag on the firing pin head.  Some a little, some will lock up.  I use only the DPMS unnotched hammers now.  

Overall, all of their parts are of very good quality, new.  I have seen junk parts kits with plastic trigger guards (and you know who you are!!!), plastic delta ring, plastic mag release button, reparkerized used (meaning worn out old M16 parts) hammer and trigger with the park on the sear surfaces, and other such junk.  None of that here... the parts in these kits are all top drawer quality.  Some have mentioned their price.  Don't let that fool you.  You can't buy a better kit from anyone.

You want chrome lined?  They have that.  You want a Colt barrel?  They have that, but they cost more, of course.  M4 style in either 14.5" or 16", and heavy under the handguards or "govt profile" both available.  All sorts of options.

I just cannot recommend J&T enough.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like my J&T kit also, I just wish they'd come out with a midlenght upper..
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My last two kits were from J&T Distributing www.jtdistributing.com.

I am very pleased with the quality of the parts, and their assembly of the upper.  

DO order their catalog.  It has a lot more than what you can find on the website.  There are more barrel, and configuration options.  

Also, if you don't see just what you need, call them.  They can probably assemble what you want.

OK, let's get specific.  I purchased two carbine kits, 16" barrels, on two different occasions.  Each time they were delivered in 3 business days.  An order placed on a Tuesday evening was delivered the following Friday.  An order placed on a Thursday evening was delivered the following Monday.

They arrived well packed and no damage.  The packaging was VERY good, better than any new gun I have ever purchased.

I was expecting a full kit, as I had gotten from others in the past.  That is, I was expecting to attach the barrel, gas tube, install the fwd assist, etc.  No... the uppers were fully assembled, ready to pin on and shoot.

Lower parts were bagged well.  I had an extra spring or detent or something.  Tossed it in my spare parts.  It is not uncommon to be missing or have an extra small part in kits from any manufacturer.  So, if you are missing some tiny part, I probably got yours.

The uppers perfectly matched my DPMS lowers in both color and fit.  Just could not ask for better.

Now the real test, let's go to the range...

With the 16" HBAR, on the bench, I was getting 1.5" groups (@100 yds) with SA battle pack ammo, which is about as good as that ammo will do for me with iron sights.  My eyes are aging, too.  

With the first J&T kit, I now have about 6 battle packs through it, that is 1800 rounds.  NOT ONE SINGLE malfuntion of any sort.  It goes bang every time.

With the second J&T kit, I now have 3 battle packs through it, 900 rnds.  ONE mag related.  Second to last round popped out.  That mag was old, known to have a weak spring.  Replaced the mag spring, and have had no more malfunctions with that mag, or the rifle.

I have also purchased from J&T a couple of A3 upper receivers, with which I replaced my A1 and A2 upper receivers.  As I said, aging eyes, have gone to Eotechs and an IOR M2 on most of my AR's.  Also purchased from them a couple of lower parts kits, and a chromelined "pencil" contour barrel.  I have been satisfied with all of these except for one thing.

J&T, like 95% of the parts suppliers out there, including Colt, supply "notched" AR-15 hammers.  While these work on most AR's, occasionally you will get an AR that the hammer notch will drag on the firing pin head.  Some a little, some will lock up.  I use only the DPMS unnotched hammers now.  

Overall, all of their parts are of very good quality, new.  I have seen junk parts kits with plastic trigger guards (and you know who you are!!!), plastic delta ring, plastic mag release button, reparkerized used (meaning worn out old M16 parts) hammer and trigger with the park on the sear surfaces, and other such junk.  None of that here... the parts in these kits are all top drawer quality.  Some have mentioned their price.  Don't let that fool you.  You can't buy a better kit from anyone.

You want chrome lined?  They have that.  You want a Colt barrel?  They have that, but they cost more, of course.  M4 style in either 14.5" or 16", and heavy under the handguards or "govt profile" both available.  All sorts of options.

I just cannot recommend J&T enough.  

+1 for J&T.  I've done several builds with their kits and I've been very happy with all of them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a J&T 20" A2 kit as part of a trade and was really surprised at the overall quality. It was missing the trigger guard and roll pin, but that's no big deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top