User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 10:37:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything wears out after time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never worn one out, personal vehicle or police car.  I'm always getting in and out of my patrol car.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well I have one in a '92 Toyota and a '00 Ford and both are doing it.

Let me be the first to recommend the simple solution.

Dont use the seatbelt.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is wore out also, and won't retract my seatbelt and I slam the door on the buckle.  I have to manually and consciously throw the belt on to the seat.  My Mercury Village van is only 6 years old  My wife's Toyota she's had since '92 don't have this problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The boss's son's new Corvette has that problem.  There's a chunk out of the fiberglass on the door sill from where he closed the door after it didn't retract completely.  He was outside in the work parking lot when it happened.  I could hear him cussing in my office on the third floor!  It looks like GM would have figured-out by now how to make a seatbelt that retracts reliably.  They never did get the pop-up headlights to work well, but at least they gave-up on those on the new Corvette.z
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I have one in a '92 Toyota and a '00 Ford and both are doing it.

Let me be the first to recommend the simple solution.

Dont use the seatbelt.

I have only noticed a fabric fray on a seatbelt.
Never expirianced the non retractable seatbelt.

Of course, on a Ford. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why can't they perfect the retractable seatbelt.  Seems like over time they all wear out and quit retracting.  

I replaced both of mine in '03 and had to replace them both again this year to pass inspection, at $150 per. Something about the Dodge Ram design and how they retract into the seat really sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top