Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 9:13:52 PM EDT
It seems that my bag is packed with crap but when I get there I always need something else.  I made a list today and Im slowing collecting it.  What do you carry?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
First-aid kit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually have two identical rangebags made of ballistic nylon. One is for the ARs, and one is for the pistols.

In the AR rangebag, I have my windmeter, rangefinder, compass, extra stripper clips, LULA, electronic ear protection, mags, staplegun and extra staples, a few semi-clean rags, Otis cleaning kit, extra bolt carrier assembly, broken shell extractor, iron sight adjustment tool, extra otis patches, takedown pin punch, Leatherman multitool, triggerlocks, and sniper data book. In addition to the rangebag, I usually take a spotting scope and a benchrest stand and sandbag with me.

In the pistol rangebag, I have electronic ear protection, mags, extra ammo, swiss army knife, Otis cleaning kit, a few semi-clean rags, shooting gloves, mag quickloader, clothespins for outdoor range, and triggerlocks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Bug spray
Sun block
First aid kit (with liquid bandage and spare earplugs)
Tent stakes (for brass catching tarp)
Spotting scope
Stapler & staples
Handgun cleaning kit (pocket type) and CLP
Shot timer
Chamber flags
Paper targets
Leatherman
Pen & paper
Toothbrush
Bushing wrench
Range ID card (spare)
Mini maglite
Earmuffs
Wilderness belt, mag pouches
Mesh bag (for brass) clips to outside of bag

If there is any room left, a few pistols and mags.  Ammo comes to the range in ammo cans.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes amm'nition; four day's concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Rooshun phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two enormous crates in the trunk of my truck (targets, tool box, staple gun, shot timer, binoculars, muffs, glasses, hat, change of clothes etc. etc.). My range bags are light - just mags, belt/holster/mag pouches, small pack of spares/tools, IPSC rule book and scoring overlays. I even leave the bags in the truck, and just carry ammo from stage to stage whenever possible.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Peltor Tac 7, Peltor Tac 6, a couple of Peltor standard low profile muffs, a couple pairs of cheap safety glasses, a pair Bolle goggles, big box of foam earplugs, multi-bit screwdriver kit, plastic divider box with Bore Snakes for all calibers I shoot, stack of paper plates, staple gun, box of staples, mag light with fiber optic attachment for bore exams, cleaning rags, bag of patches, bottle of CLP, first aid kit, antibacterial hand cleaner, handful of tent stakes (for holding down target stands), hammer, laser rangefinder (cheap Cableas model).

That's the standard loadout.

I keep mags in the ammo boxes with their appropriate calibers.

Handguns go in a locked case.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
2 sets of hearing protection muffs, some earplugs, 100s of rounds of whatever ammo is required, targets, stapler, tape, paper plates, round yellow stickers...water, cheapo binocs,  misc small tools (screwdriver, etc), lula loader, gun oil....  thats about it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit load of AR mags, a USP w/ spare mag in a holster, surefire, eye protection.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Too much to list, but everything I need at the range for the day and  I use a 26" Craftsman tool box as my "Range Bag"
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't have a range "bag" per se. I have two very large ammo cans; one is weapons cleaning stuff, the other is range set-up supplies. My medical stuff is in a large duty bag that goes with me everywhere in my car, not just the range.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I use my duck blind bag! I pack it with 200 to 300 rounds of ammo per pistol, extra mags, eye protection, and  ear plugs. For my RRA I pack small cleaning kit, ammo, and mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#12]

mags w/ammo, ear protection, targets (paper, balloons) & target aids (string, tape), camera, cleaning supplies w/Hoppes & CLP, multi-tool, and rag.  I usually keep the rod in my buttstock incase of a stuck casing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#13]
1) Electronic Ear Muffs
2) Disposable Ear Plugs
3) Small Plastic Tool Kit
4) Stapler & Extra Box of Staples
5) Black Targets
6) (4) Different Caliber Boresnakes
7) CLP
8) Maglite
9) (2) Pair of Safety Glasses.

And after that, things change on what guns I am bringing to the range.

I love those tactical rifle cases and will buy different ones for my different rifles and load them up with the special stuff that rifle needs.

Does anybody use dedicated pistol cases? I have one for my Mauser Broomhandle only.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#14]
So does everyone clean thier weaponry at the range or are the cleaning kits to remove bore/chamber obstructions?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes amm'nition; four day's concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Rooshun phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.

He brought the hat right?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So does everyone clean thier weaponry at the range or are the cleaning kits to remove bore/chamber obstructions?

no, I clean at home.  Keep the kit there solely to keep everything together so I don't loose anything.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The only time I clean at the range is if I am trouble shooting .
For instance this is how I figured out my .22 will not run right unless it is wetter than my ex wife finding out I am leaving town for a month .

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Snickers bars, Mt Dew, Beef Jerky, ammo, mags and hearing protection.

Max
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only time I clean at the range is if I am trouble shooting .
For instance this is how I figured out my .22 will not run right unless it is wetter than my ex wife finding out I am leaving town for a month .

Thanks. I now have to clean the water off my screen I just spit out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Don't forget some bottled water (fluoride-free).  You have to replenish your precious bodily fluids.  But at any rate, just make sure that you deny women your essence, Mandrake.

I keep in my range bag:
binoculars
range finder
wind gauge
chronograph
staple gun
NVD
GPS
Leatherman Tool
pocket knife
bean bag
granola bars
cleaning kit
spotting scope w/tripod
cigars
spare magazines
pen
Surefire G-2
spare batteries of various types
small diamond knife sharpener
eye protection

That's about it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Damn, Ben, beat me to it.

Right now, a rag, some allen wrenches, some miniature screwdrivers, an AR15 sight tool, extra ear protection, two sets of eyes, Peltor ears, FAL tool, .45 brass I need to dump out.  I pack what I need before I go to the range, generally.  Rest of the time, the bag is partially packed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Staple gun
Extra staples
Roll o' targets
Extra mags for whatever I'm taking out that day
Cleaning kit
Spotting scope
Hearing protectors
Earplugs
Shooting glasses
Bottles of water

The ammo travels in its own can(s).
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

No, I don't clean at the range.  I prefer to keep my cleaning supplies at the house at my gun bench, so I don't have to go hunting them down.  It's usually dark when I finish shooting anyway.  I have a small pistol kit from China-Mart that I use if a gun gets too filthy to run, or if I have some time to kill.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:29:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

A lot of times, at the range. If the weather sucks, later.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Magazine speed loaders
Chalk
Pens/Pencils
Staplegun
Staples
Tape
Small screwdrivers
Small allen wrenches
Rubber Dummy rounds.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#29]
mags & ammo in an ammo can

blue tarp, tacks, targets, & a sharpie under the foam in my gun case  

glasses & ear protection are usually already on me, or in my coat pocket

anything else, I leave in the car.  The less stuff I have to drag out to the line, the better.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top