Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:04:35 PM EDT
Do you still have to get a permit, if your over 21 and never had a driver licenses before?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you need a permit to allow you to practice with a licensed driver before your test.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Is a permit required, i can drive fine have for years just need to go a few county's over now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you still have to get a permit, if your over 21 and never had a driver licenses before?

Yes.

www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/drivers-license.php

www.state.tn.us/commerce/boards/mvc/
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is a permit required, i can drive fine have for years just need to go a few county's over now.

How have you been driving fine for years if you haven't been licensed? Or are you talking about banging around in some field car as a kid? Not even close to meaning that you can drive on the roads.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]

How have you been driving fine for years if you haven't been licensed?

Easy didn't give them a reason to pull me over. Been driving on real roads and hi ways since i was 16. Just got a reason to get my licenses and be legal, don't feel save going this far out of town without one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think all you have to be is over 18 and you can get your license. I have had friends do that. I could be wrong but I think that is correct.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Then you've been playing russian roulette. Dunno how they let you get away with that in TN. Get your permit, get your license and get legal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think all you have to be is over 18 and you can get your license. I have had friends do that. I could be wrong but I think that is correct.

Sweet thats what a friend said, I'm going out of town to get them so didn't want to waste a trip.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see why you just couldn't walk in, take the written/drivers test and get your license.  Make damned sure you get someone to drive you to the DMV though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top