Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 10:17:46 AM EDT
whatever the fuck that is....

http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=16160

<snipped most of story>

A proposal to ban the Browning Machine Gun rifle and its .50-caliber ammunition would outlaw a weapon that can be effectively fired from 2,000 yards away.

“There’s really no legitimate use for that gun,” Phillips said. “It’s so powerful. I could almost fire it from Lahaina and hit something on Lanai. Four miles away, it might still be effective.”

Phillips said he didn’t know whether there are BMG rifles on Maui.

“There’s nowhere you could fire that on Maui, even for target practice,” he said. “That type of weapon is scary.”
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

“There’s nowhere you could fire that on Maui, even for target practice,” he said. “That type of weapon is scary.”

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought this thread was going to have BAR pron.  Or at least good tidings of BAR joy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I am convinced i need to purchase one of these .50s as soon as funds allow
as an investment for when they are inevitably banned.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#5]
HERE HERE!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess .50 BMG isn't sensational enough. It's gotta be the Browning Machine Gun Rifle.

And just ONCE, I wanna see one of these fucking yahoo reporters do an expose about how they were able to "easily" hit a target 600 yards away. Nevermind 4 fucking miles..
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#7]
That thing has to be crew served to be fired from 2000 feet away. Is it electrical or do you tie a REALLLLLYYY long string to the trigger and giver-a-yank?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top