Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 9:09:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You can't cut the corner, but you can nearly kill people by being a dumbfuck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Friend in HS forgot to set the parking brake on his car, it rolled down the hill and ended up in their pond.  I think this was funnier though - my friend didn't bother to chase it, he just stood there with a WTF look on his face.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Most of the cops I know have been in more accidents than anybody else I've ever met.

Most of the cops I know can't hit anything beyond 20 yards with a handgun.  Anything including a piece of paper the size of a door.

This video doesn't shock me.  I rear-ended a cop who came to a screeching halt in the passing lane of I-95 to get on one of those median crossovers.  Pushed the bumper of my Dodge back a little and deployed my airbag and absolutely destroyed the ass end of his Interceptor.  The dumb shit tried to write me a ticket for following too close, after he passed me on the right with no lights on, cut me off, then slammed on the brakes.

It takes all kinds, it just so happens that in my experience cops are predominately made up of the really dumb kind.

Edited to add:  I've seen three NDs in my life.  Can anyone guess the occupation of two of those three?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can't cut the corner, but you can nearly kill people by being a dumbfuck.

+1 what a dipshit
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Cop cars have automatic transmisions. He probably put it in park and the trany slipped into reverse. It does happen...

Had a '79 Cougar do that to me a few times. Slipped out of park into reverse...

Learned to ALWAYS set the parking brake.

Most people do not bother setting the parking brake with an automatic...and you just saw what can happen...

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I forgot to put my cruiser in park once during a car stop.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it just me, or do you hear the car impact something as it is rolling back, and he then hops back in and drives back over to continue the ticket without addressing the damage he just did.

Isn't that a hit and run?  My friend received a suspended sentence and 12 points(3 year revoked license in MD) for doing that to a fence a few years ago.

I hope that officer lost his job, or license.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

He probably got promoted for continuing to write the ticket despite having made a big boo boo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He probably got promoted for continuing to write the ticket despite having made a big boo boo.

Well, this isn't an unusual occurrence. I've seen several similar incidents in those Highway Patrol type of shows.  But in each one where the car hit something, they waved the guy they pulled over off, and began addressing the accident they just had.  One I remember was the cop car rolled down a slight incline and hit a parked car.  The cop just pointed and waved for the guy he pulled over to go, and the scene cut out as the cop started examining the damage to the other vehicle.

I'm sure this happens a lot, more because of no brake/no park instead of slipping into gear.  Police officers are often in a hurry, and do the same repetitive action many times daily.  It's obvious that that many officers doing the same thing in so many cars are going to have incidents where they hop out and forget to touch the shifter or parking break.  It's no big deal, hopefully no one gets hurt, but any property damage has to be addressed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#11]
One of Spartanburg county's finest was using the end of our truck entrance as an ambush point once, and spotting a target, he went to go nab them but accidently shifted into reverse, and backed his car under a flatbed trailer that was loaded with a couple of 12' wide concrete flat panels.  Needless to say, it tore his car all to hell, including complete removal of his light bar.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#12]
If these folks would just lay off the doughnuts, a bit, maybe they could move a bit faster in retrieving their 'runaway' vehicles!

Eric The(YaThink?)Hun
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#14]
oh man I would have laughed in the cop's face when he came back, thus getting dragged out of the car and beating with a night stick
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#15]

One of Spartanburg county's finest...

I hadn't heard that one.

I saw a couple of Spartanburg city cops on Daniel Morgan Friday pointing tasers at cars and yelling "bang!"  I question their sanity.z
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#17]
What song was that on the radio when he got back in the car ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#18]
OMG, that was funny! Posted the link our video game server forums. Have a couple LEO's with us. Can't wait to see their posts.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#19]
That was just on Spike an hour or two ago.  Did anyone else catch it then?

There was a later one where a trucker was pulled over.  The trucker admitted to doing something, then the officer said "you're the police and I'm you, what do you want to do" but the poor trucker was kind of confused.  He still felt guilty and was almost asking for the ticket.  Does anyone remember WHY the trucker was pulled over in the first place?  I missed that part.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I love the transcript.

Shit
Shit
Shit
Shit!

Son of a bitch!

Shit

Fuck!

Son of a bitch!

Shit!

Do see the bystanders not in the pic wave to him?  He waves back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#21]
One of ours got out to talk to some others guys in a parking lot and his car rolled off without him in it.  

Turns out he HAD put it in park, and the parking pin in the tranny gave way and made him look like a retard in front of hundreds of people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]
haha

tag
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Cop cars have automatic transmisions. He probably put it in park and the trany slipped into reverse. It does happen...

yeah right on.......been driving cars with automatic trannys for almost 30 years and it's never happened to me, maybe the stupid fuck left it in neutral
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Automatic - don't NEED to use the parking brake.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my agency he would get a ticket from the CHP, 8 hours of mandatory defensive driver training and upon his third career preventable traffic collision he would be fired.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Automatic - don't NEED to use the parking brake.  

If its a high milage Crown Vic thats been driven 22-323 hours of every day since it was new you better. There are CVPI's in our fleet that if in drive they will roll down hill backwords on any sort of grade.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#28]
A prsecutor in felony court showed me this one last Friday right before I plead out a DWI 3rd.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#30]
That was some funny shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top