Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 3:20:15 PM EDT
My wife asked me this question today and I didn't know the answer but I'm sure sombody here would know.

Did any of those Korean shop owners in LA who fired at the looters during LA riot few years ago get charged with any crime? Did any go to jail?  
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I sure hope not.  Defending your store from looters should be legal...in fact I think it IS legal.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
AFAIK they were not, however they were vilified by the media and minority "leaders" for resisting and not stepping aside to let the looters have their way. In that area, the bad guys are "misunderstood" and the good guys are mean spirited racists.

Those old shops and stores used to be owned by Jews, who were not known to put up a fight in these situations. Koreans are not Jews -- they fight back. The bad guys learned a little about Korean culture that day.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Did they kill anyone??
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't remember if there were confirmed kills.  I always got a kick out of the picture of the shopkeeper with some kind of autoloader slung over his shoulder.  He had a shit-eating grin on and was wearing a T-shirt depicting Malcom-X brandishing an M1 carbine.  

The caption was "BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY."

Was that after Stacy Coombs and three other of LAPD's finest got acquitted in the Rodney King beating?  My memory is getting fuzzy.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Man you're talking 9 years ago.  I think the Korean store owners shot at the feet of the surging and ebbing crowd.  The news media never showed that, all they showed were people firing guns.  I don't think any of them got prosecuted for discharging a gun in city limits.  I know one of them got in trouble for labor law violations, but I forget what was the result.  I think he got his hand slapped and that was it.

I personally remember watching the local Channel 4 KNBC, the talking head Paul Danridge was in a heliocopter saying that there was a man firing a bolt action rifle on a building roof and that someone please call the police to have this guy arrested.  He whined for some 10-15 minutes and left because no PD showed up. BTW, the owners that didn't defend their businesses, lost it all, many lost 20-30 years of hard work down the drain, 0 retirement, no college fund etc.  The L.A. city council would not let the liquor stores and automobile repair businesses rebuild by not giving them a building permit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Here ya go.

[url]http://www.kang.org/LARiot.html[/url]

These folks had their shit together more than most. They had a Korean-language radio network that they used to dispatch assistance to those in need. Several other good pieces of info as well as some good pics of names being taken.

I feel for any malcontents who riot through my neighborhood.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The American spirit lives within these people. They won't be trampled upon. They should stand as an inspiration to all Americans.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope none of them got charged. If I owned a store I'd put up a sign "looters will be shot"
I wouldn't fire if all they did was break my windows, but if they actually came into the store, and weren't there to buy stuff I'd fire. The bleeding hearts will say "but the insurance will replace it, their lives are worth more than the possessions." Well I don't believe that. If they want to burn their stuff fine, but don't touch mine.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC, one of the Korean shop owners got in a little trouble when he forgot to wear a mask while using his un-neutured Uzi to defend his shop with the selector on Auto.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Even in "commie" Kalifornia, the rules change during a full blown riot. If you are a looter/rioter/vandal a citizen has every right to defend their own property or person with deadly force. Especially, when the police are helpless and aren't going to respond to your 911 call.

I can't say for sure about shop owners killing looters because I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble from hearsay but I know several families that had shops in the affected areas. At least one store was being protected by a former ROK Marine sniper...nuff said. None of their shops were looted or burned down. If your mall or store wasn't guarded with a gun, it was toast. It sucked for those people that lost their business' during the riots. Most shop owners did not have insurance due to the outrageous liability rates in those neighborhoods. They literally had two choices, buy the insurance or pay the rent and put food on the table.

There is footage out there of a running gun battle between the shop owners and some homeboys in a passing car. I am fairly sure that the hommies never came back for seconds. There was at least one Korean/American that unloaded his Barreta back at the car. I hope he didn't get prosecuted, since he was fully recognizable in the video. And I heard a lot more shots in the background too, probably from the other 'security' guards on the roof returning fire.

Don't let anyone ever tell you that "It can't happen here" or "Thats what the police are for". The Koreans know better.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IIRC, one of the Korean shop owners got in a little trouble when he forgot to wear a mask while using his un-neutured Uzi to defend his shop with the selector on Auto.

Kharn
View Quote

Correct; one individual got in trouble for a NFA violation.  However, I had heard that it was just an unregistered SBR instead of an unregistered MG.  [?]

Mike
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#12]
A little bit off topic...

I seem to remember hearing that about 65 people were killed in the 3 days of these riots. By whom? Were these people just killed in the fray, or were some of the deaths police-induced? Any police officers killed? I'm sure there were some people that were just beat to death, and I remember reading about a firemen who was shot and severly injured while performing his duties.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
One of the things most people dont realize is that most if not all Korean born males have had military training in the ROK forces.  My dad and his buddies patroled near their stores in SUVs.  They had significant fire power lots AKs, odd ARs, lots of shotguns and older military rifles.  My dad could shoot and hit a man sized target blindfolded with his weapon of choice, a M1 carbine. The cops told them defend themselves. They were busy protecting firefighters and themselves.  A lot of the looters were black.  But a significant portion of them were hispanics. It was nothing about Rodney King, It was about a free day of smashing and grabbing.  If Korea was a state it would fit between Ohio and Kentucky.  Most of us are rednecks and are proud of it.  Most us are also grateful to this wonderful country for giving us the opportunities that you cant get anywhere else.  It also it will get significantly more bloody if the riots happen again.  Most of the store owners are armed to the teeth.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
The Koreans did what ANYONE with a brain would have done. They protected themselves.

Americans come in all shapes, sizes and colors and we are lucky to have them.

Think Cali will swap some of their Koreans for some of our Hatians? I propose an immigrant exchange policy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Until that riot in LA, most Koreans in this country were not very interested in guns (obviously there were exceptions) but things have changed now.  A lot (maybe most) Korean shop owners all over this country are now well armed to handle just such situation if it ever happens again. Like ARDOC said, most Korean males who came from the old country have military experience and can/will take care of themselves.  

I noticed that a lot of Vietnamese shop owners around here are arming themselves too.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/images/smilies/thumpsup.gif[/img] to the shop owners, and if they didn't get prosecuted, to the DA and police for letting them defend themselves
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I've noticed how a lot of people get a suprised look when they find out asian guys have guns. The Asian imigrant comunity is, to a large degree, here because there home countrys were screwed up by tirents.

They are here because we are "free". They are hard working family oriented people. They are what I like to think "real" americans should be.
I have a lot of asian friends. I also have Philipinos for family members.... The only ones I can think of that are not armed are the really religous ones.
Funny how more people die for god than any other reason....
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I was proud of those Koreans for the way they represented America.  I always thought that the NRA should use that footage in a TV commercial.  "It Can Happen Here"  with a cool voice-over from Chuck Heston, it would be a winner
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I remember some pretty darn fierce riots in Korea, but they were not looting and burning buildings.  The students -lot of them were at Yonsei University -good kids, but the police rounded them up and they sure paid for what they did.  Not sure of the details, the S. Koreans have Riot police (Called CHON_GYUNG)usually young guys doing their compulsory 2 years I believe.  They carry these long rubber sticks and full on riot gear
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#20]
This country is great if you are willing to work hard. When we first came to the US, my mom and pop and siblings (family of 6) lived in a 3 room apt (that's 3 rooms total, not 3 bedrooms) that had cockaroaches, rats and mold growing on the walls. My parents worked 7 days a week and 12 hour days. We never took any government assistance other than those Pell grants for College.

We all graduated from college and are doing ok now. What I remember most is the way we got picked on by the other minorites. When my brother got off school, packs of them would wait to beat him up. We were probably the only asian family at that time.

A while ago, I was walking back in my old neighborhood, and two 4 year old kids with their grandma walked by. The young kids immediately started calling me chink, and making funny sounds like they were talking Chinese. The grandma didn't say one word to the kids. If my kids did that, they would be in big trouble with me. I really don't understand how you can complain about racism if you don't prevent your own kids from doing it. It all goes back to the parents.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Forget it, Jake.  It's Koreatown.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#22]
OJ missed his "window" of opportunity during the riots.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This country is great if you are willing to work hard. When we first came to the US, my mom and pop and siblings (family of 6) lived in a 3 room apt (that's 3 rooms total, not 3 bedrooms) that had cockaroaches, rats and mold growing on the walls. My parents worked 7 days a week and 12 hour days. We never took any government assistance other than those Pell grants for College.

We all graduated from college and are doing ok now. What I remember most is the way we got picked on by the other minorites. When my brother got off school, packs of them would wait to beat him up. We were probably the only asian family at that time.

A while ago, I was walking back in my old neighborhood, and two 4 year old kids with their grandma walked by. The young kids immediately started calling me chink, and making funny sounds like they were talking Chinese. The grandma didn't say one word to the kids. If my kids did that, they would be in big trouble with me. I really don't understand how you can complain about racism if you don't prevent your own kids from doing it. It all goes back to the parents.

View Quote

Unfortunately, YOU are better Americans than some who were born here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#24]
SaltCreek, I know at least one guy from NorCal who was killed. He was a middle-aged business owner from Orinda, CA (a little east of Berkeley) who had a factory down there in South Central LA. Strange as it sounds, he had a CCW permit which is amazing for CA. They said on the news that the guy was driving his Jag on the freeway and some gang bangers pulled up next to him, blew his brains out, and drove away. There were witnesses in the car behind him, but no one could pinpoint the identity of the murderer other than he was a young black male sitting shotgun in a car full of other young black guys. It was big news up here in the Bay Area because he was a local guy.

In fact, I read the guy chose that area for his factory because he wanted to do something to help that community -- to provide jobs for the poor down there. Good deeds never go unpunished I guess.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#25]

I was proud of those Koreans for the way they represented America. I always thought that the NRA should use that footage in a TV commercial. "It Can Happen Here" with a cool voice-over from Chuck Heston, it would be a winner
View Quote

The LA Riot is the reason I went out to buy my guns, and those Koreans gave me good confidence to do so. I will never forget those scenes from the riot. Those really scared me and I hope that I will never have to use my firearms.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Most us are also grateful to this wonderful country for giving us the opportunities that you cant get anywhere else.  I also it will get significantly more bloody if the riots happen again.  Most of the store owners are armed to the teeth.
View Quote

We're damned glad to have you, brother, and to have you armed to the teeth.

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SaltCreek, I know at least one guy from NorCal who was killed. He was a middle-aged business owner from Orinda, CA (a little east of Berkeley) who had a factory down there in South Central LA. Strange as it sounds, he had a CCW permit which is amazing for CA. They said on the news that the guy was driving his Jag on the freeway and some gang bangers pulled up next to him, blew his brains out, and drove away. There were witnesses in the car behind him, but no one could pinpoint the identity of the murderer other than he was a young black male sitting shotgun in a car full of other young black guys. It was big news up here in the Bay Area because he was a local guy.

In fact, I read the guy chose that area for his factory because he wanted to do something to help that community -- to provide jobs for the poor down there. Good deeds never go unpunished I guess.
View Quote

I remember this story. As I understood it, the guy was carrying illegally, and his family didn't know he had the gun. Someone took the gun, but left the shoulder holster.

The guys who shot him were in a pickup--the gunman was on the bed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey Kin, you sound like me!  Same thing.  Most of my friends tend to be white.  The only times that I have been racially abused is by blacks.  They call me all sorts of names as a kid and make "chinese noises". The parents didnt do squat. The ignorance is truely funny. For a minority that complains so much, they need to examine their own actions before accusing others of racism. Yes the quality of the parenting goes a long way.  Blacks tend to go for political power while others such as Jews, Koreans and other minorities go for economic power.  Power follows money.  Get off your butt and get a job. Dont wait for a handout. I dont think they understand that. My dad worked for me and my family he didn't work for himself. He worked and sweated his ass off so I could sit in this nice doctors office and look at naked women all day!
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Koreans have been fucked around for centuries. They have been enslaved and their homeland plundered over and over again throughout history, yet they remain the finest people that Asia has to offer. Head and shoulders above the Japanese, who have committed some of the worst atrocities against them. And you don't hear the Koreans bawling about how poorly they have been treated. They just pick themselves up and get their shit together. Those days are over and they are not a people that should be taken lightly militarily or industrialy speaking. We need more of them to emigrate here. Damn fine people as a whole.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I remember reading and seeing on the news that after the riots the lapd used the news footage to identify and later arrest those who were brandishing and using guns.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Koreans. They'd have to be just about the last people I'd want to F with (not that I'm inclined to mess with people in general). Even my father's comment was that all Koreans were are a little crazy. I recall a Vietnam War story, possibly a myth but interesting nonetheless. It was about a contingent of ROK troops who were mortared by VC. The ROKs disappeared into the jungle, but later emerged with VC heads and baseplates. They were never mortared again.

The comment about many Korean shop owners being armed has me wondering about my local dry cleaners. So they might be pretty well armed too?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I vivdly remember watching the local news during the looting.  The entire screen was aflame, and silhouetted against the red skyling were Korean Shopowners on the roof of their store, just watching, not firing off camera as I'd seen in other shots.

I was just remarking to my wife "Look at which building is NOT on fire," pointing out the obvious GOOD side effect of being armed.

Just as I was saying it, the IDIOT local taking head said "Look at those assault weapons.  I bet they are not registered!  THAT's ILLEGAL!!!"

I mean, Through the Looking Glass, down is up, black is white.

The entire city was being pillaged and destroyed, and in that storm, an island of sanity, and this moron freaks out as if THAT's what was wrong with the picture.

Goddamn I hate the media.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I especially loved the footage of a shopowner in front of his store with the butt of a 12-gauge on his hip and a bandoleer full of shells around his torso, and also the dudes on the rooftop with semi-autos and bolt actions... I was so proud of my Asian brothers that day, kinda wished I had a store to protect .
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I remember reading and seeing on the news that after the riots the lapd used the news footage to identify and later arrest those who were brandishing and using guns.
View Quote

I have not heard about this either myself.  But I heard that some LAPD black & whites would drive up to people with firearms showing and confiscate them and drive off, leaving the people defenseless.  I am not LAPD-bashing but this is just news.

OT: The local anti-gun former city council member Micheal Woo was running for Los Angeles mayor a few years ago, in a speech before the Korean Groc. Assoc., and with a straight face said that they need more gun control in order to limit crime.  When he finished, there was total silence in the building.  This SOB deserved to lose the election because he failed to tailor his speech to the audience, what an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Ardoc - the people who picked the most on us were black or Puerto Rican. I still don't understand why Puerto Ricans get US citizenship and don't need to pay taxes.
It seems that people who need to get citizenships appreciate it more than people who are born with it.

Beekeeper1 - thanks for the comment! I'm trying to bring up my kids with a good work ethic and no preconceived biases.

I'll have to get my wife to the range and teach her to shoot sometime this year. You never known when you will need that skill.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#38]
The 1992 LA "Rodney King" riots are the perfect example of the need for the right of the people to bare arms!!
I live in a very low crime South Bay City, but killings , burning and looting were happening some 2-3 Mi. from my house.  Unlike previous riots, this one was not confined to the ghetto.  Roving bands of looters went to where "the good stuff was"
Gun sales in Calif. during 92,93, and 94 were some of the the highest ever!!  During the 92 riots, some of my wife's liberal anti gun friends were begging her to ask me to lend them one of my guns.  NO WAY WILL I LOAN A GUN TO ANYONE I DON'T TRUST.  
As for the Korean businessmen, most of them served in the RKO army, when the M1 Carbine was standard issue.  This was their long gun of choice. The Cops could not and would not protect their property.  Also, the Carbine and other Curio and Relic Rifles, could THEN be purchased without the mandatory 10 waiting period. There was a run for any old thing that would go Bang.
The one thing about this riot is that it PROVED that local law enforcement COULD NOT PROTECT THE PUBIC in a massive uprising.  How soon we (they) forget!!.. I hate to say this, but I truly belive that another riot in Cal. would, at least temporarily change the minds of the the people, against gun control.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
During the 92 riots, some of my wife's liberal anti gun friends were begging her to ask me to lend them one of my guns.
View Quote

I spoke with Nadine Sanford(she is the wife of Harry Sanford, who owns AMT Guns Irwindale, Calif. & Dirty Harry's 44 Automag fame) a few years back, and she said during the riots, all of her liberal friends was ringing her phone off the hook wanting a gun, but she had to say sorry, we can't transfer you ANY guns because we are a wholesaler, and it would mean x years in prison.  I also remember reading NRA's American Rifleman, that some of Chuck Heston's friends called to see if they could borrow a gun, of course Chuck goes, "they are all being used right now."
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Having been a soldier for 16 1/2 yrs, and worked with, British, Belgian, Canadian, German, Saudi, Kuwaiti & Korean troops, over the  years.

There is one group of soldiers who I would never F*ck with militarily, Koreans.

We need more Korean immigrants, they uphold the ideal of what an american immigrant family should aspire to.

ED
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#41]
the LA Riots?  aaaahhhhh yesssss they GOOD OLE DAYS

cant wait for the next one [:D]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I once ran into an elderly Korean in his 70's at a gun range. We were both shooting M1 Carbines. I spoke with him a bit, turned out his served in the ROK during the Korean War.

Nice fellow.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 3:27:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I had not heard this, but if it is accurate--isn't it something the cowardly bastards (whom we are told will "protect" us if we just call 911--no need for guns) huddled together in fortified police stations and left the populace to their own devices to provide for their safety, then are all balls to arrest those who had the fortitude/means to defend their life, family, and livlihood?  Unbelievable.  Not a LEO bash--just damned sure a LAPD bash.  You know, it occurs to me the Koreans needed to be on the rooftops a second time to defend themselves . . . just a thought--threats to your well-being can come in all "colors"--[b]blue[/b] as well as black/brown.  
View Quote

I heard this, I read that..... Yes, the department did use news footage to make arrests after the riots but the targets were looters and gangbangers, not the Korean shop owners.

Regarding the police huddled in fortified police stations, many units responded to a command post (bus depot) to receive their assignments. The command staff, thinking of their own careers, ordered the officers, who were watching the riot on television, to stay put.  Thus the footage of cops sitting around while the city burned. The C.O.s feared the cops would go out and take care of business and in the process, make the "brass" look bad. Go figure.

Fortunately many coppers said "fuck it" and disobeyed orders and went out and kicked some ass.  Some got in trouble but said it was worth it.

Don't let what you see on the news fool ya'.  

While some slapdick reporter showed looters and burning buildings and exclaimed "oh my god, the police are nowhere to be found", in fact the police were at other locations helping prevent more of the same. Excuse us if we were camera shy.  

Most cops I've talked with said they had no fear driving by the armed citizens along the "Korean Corridor"(in Rampart Division, by the way).  To this day we have a good raport with the Korean community, partly because of their lack of sympathy for the likes of Rodney and for their knowledge that we can't be there all the time.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:00:58 AM EDT
[#44]
The ROK Marines I trained with in Korea were bad dudes.  I'd feel well protected with one or two of those guys watching my back!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The ROK Marines I trained with in Korea were bad dudes.  I'd feel well protected with one or two of those guys watching my back!
View Quote

Even though I have not been in the military, there was a story in Pravda West(aka L.A. Times, not known for its pro-gun views) about 20 years ago they did a story on the Republic of Korea military, I forget which branch, but even they said they are to be well respected, translation: "these are one mean f*uckers."  I think Korea only Asian country to send troops to help the U.S. fight the Viet Nam War.

I watched on TV news a fews years some of the the Korean merchants tried to sue the L.A. City Council to permit them to rebuild their businesses, but lost their suit.  There was a symbolic protest attended by many older(retirement age people) and their children(college age) and they were saying that they lost everything.  I am sure that this is lesson will not be soon forgotten.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think Korea only Asian country to send troops to help the U.S. fight the Viet Nam War.
View Quote

Actually there were few other Asian countries that sent troops to fight in Vietnam.  Among them only Phillippines and Thailand sent front line troops while other Asian countries sent "support" units.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#47]
In Korea, military training in mandatory for all men when they reach a certain age. Since they are a few miles from a Communist state, which is more radical than the Soviets or China ever was, they have to be prepared. That mentality carries over to where ever they migrate to.

As for them being a little cazy, it's more radical than crazy. That's kind of true on both side on the Korean peninsula. Most Koreans have high convictions,or is it stubbornness, and will die for it. However when they die they will do it kamakazi style. Koreans are like Japaness in some ways, but they are less cohesive, giving room for individuality.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Korean women are hot (well, not all of them) - but if you look at the different Asian races as a whole, the Japanese women are the ugliest.  Next ugliest are the Chinese women.  Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese women are pretty hot, but I think the Korean gals are the hottest.  

Nothing to do with guns and riots, but just thought I'd throw in my $0.02

BTW- didn't any of the Korean shopowners become targets after the riots were over?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Honky womenz have to be the ugliest on the face of the earth! Sarah Brady, Rose O'Donnel, Hillary Clinton, Donna Dees Thomases, etc. ALL HONKY and ALL ANTI-GUN.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I remember a store owner complaining that the LAPD stood by and let the looters ransack his store. When he asked the officers to do something, they remarked, "You have insurance, don't you?"  I think that the finest people are the ones who protect themselves and their families, and uphold the law by their own means.

Oh, Korean girls are the hottest in that region of the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top