Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:34:03 PM EDT
Lets see, 20-30MILLION people enter the country, break our laws, kill our Citizens......
I thought I heard somewhere that Congress and the potus were supposed to protect
the Country from invasion and insure the domestic tranquility.......they are all traitors

Tancredo: House understands border issues, but Senate doesn’t
BY BILL HESS
January 21, 2006
Herald/Review
www.svherald.com/articles/2006/01/21/local_news/news3.txt
BENSON — U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo says that when it comes to understanding Americans’ anger about the border, the House of Representatives has got it and the Senate doesn’t.

And, he said, the American people want the border with Mexico secured and the president enforcing U.S. immigration law.

During a morning stop in Benson, the Colorado Republican pointed to the recently passes bill in the House that requires building 700 more miles of wall along the southern boundary, along with hiring additional Border Patrol agents and adding more technology to secure the border is the right thing.

But he fears the Senate will not follow suit and fall under the sway of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and big businesses, meaning the House members would have failed in their attempt to protect the country.

He spoke with about 50 people Friday morning as he made his way through parts of Southern Arizona. The excursion began in Phoenix on Thursday and included a stop in Tucson before heading to Benson and then on to Willcox.

Tancredo said Americans and Mexicans are to blame for the problem. “America is hooked on cheap labor, and Mexico is hooked on the remittances (from its citizens in the U.S.),” he said.

Of the $52 billion last year sent out of the United States by foreign workers, $20 billion went to Mexico, he added.

The Mexican government and some other Central American officials are now threatening to take the United States to the United Nations, claiming the United States is violating the human rights of their citizens, the congressman said.

“You talk about chutzpah (a Yiddish word for impudence), they have the gall to tell us we can’t secure our own borders,” Tancredo said.

Governments like Mexico need to address their own internal problems causing their citizens to flee, seeking jobs in the U.S., he said.

“They’ve got to create a better economy for their unemployed,” said Tancredo, who has made border issues his bully pulpit while in Congress.

Bay Buchanan, whose brother Pat has been a Republican presidential candidate, joined Tancredo on the tour.

A founder of Team America Political Action Committee, she said Republican senators have to be told not to cave into big business and corporation cheerleaders, such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. She said the message the senators must hear is “secured the border, enforcement only.”

President George W. Bush praised the House of Representatives in passing the enforcement bill. But, Buchanan said, Bush hasn’t said he wants to secure the border without a guest-worker program. She said that view is wrong and not want people want.

“Do not be fooled,” she said. “They are not going to say guest worker, they are going to say enforcement.”

The guest worker phrase will not be used, but they will claim enforcement will be difficult without some kind of policy to help Mexico and other countries, whose citizens are illegally entering the United States, Buchanan claims.

“Guest worker is nothing more than amnesty,” she said.

Buchanan and Tancredo wore badges that stated: “Secure America Now, No Amnesty.”

They said there must be what can be described as a full-court press, with people urging their senators not to water down the House bill.

However, Buchanan said, “Just skip (Sen. John) McCain.”

Tancredo said U.S. Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., will be more amenable to calls for re-election this year.

While he praised McCain for doing many good things, Tancredo said the Arizona U.S. senator and fellow Republican is out of the mainstream when it comes to border issues.

In a handout provided by Team America PAC, both Arizona senators were rated on border issues. Kyl received a B average, while McCain’s average was D minus.

Tancredo said there is hope for some of southern Arizona this year as residents of Congressional District 8 will have a chance to elect a more conservative Republican.

As he walked to the large RV that he, Buchanan and others are using on the road trip, Tancredo said he has endorsed Randy Graf for the seat, currently held by Republican U.S. Rep. Jim Kolbe. In 2004, Graf lost the GOP primary to Kolbe, although he carried Cochise County.

Kolbe, an 11-term congressman, announced he will not be seeking re-election, opening the door for a new representative for a district that includes Cochise County.

Tancredo said he wants Graf elected because he will be an important ally in Congress in securing the border.

With a smile, Tancredo would not make an in-depth comment about Kolbe’s decision to retire.

“He made a decision with which I can’t disagree,” he said.

As for McCain, Tancredo said he and the senator are “poles apart when it comes to immigration.”

Roger Barnett, a Sierra Vista businessman and Douglas-area rancher, listened to Tancredo and Buchanan. He said Americans are seeing their jobs eliminated because illegal immigrants will work for less.

“Businesses are paying slave wages,” he said.

If the United States does not close down the border and enforce existing immigration laws, more Americans will lose pay and benefits because illegal immigrants will take their jobs, Barnett said. “Big business are the whores,” he added.

Buchanan called on people to start a campaign to force the Senate, while simultaneously strengthening House members to stay the course, by refusing to kowtow to businesses.

“We need to drown out the voice of corporate America,” she said.

Looking at the people crowding into a small room at the Horseshoe Cafe in Benson, Tancredo said, “I have a feeling we (he and Buchanan) are preaching to the choir.”

Al Garza is in the choir.

The executive director of the national Minuteman Civil Defense Corps presented the congressman with a membership card from the organization.

“Now, I’m a card-carrying Minuteman,” Tancredo said to laugher.

In a telephone interview, Tancredo critic Douglas Mayor Ray Borane said the congressman may say he understands border issues, but he doesn’t.

“He’s completely out of touch,” Borane said.

Tancredo has found a small, dedicated vocal following because he has been outspoken on more enforcement on the border, the mayor said. “It’s not that simple,” he said.

Being a border mayor, Borane said he has worked immigration issues directly because he understands the two cultures involved in the problem.

In the past, the mayor has called for a guest-worker program, but with assurances there will be no amnesty.

People such as Tancredo come and make a visit to the border and fly back to Washington, D.C., without understanding all the nuances involved with the problem, the mayor said.

“I wish he would stop all the posturing,” Borane said. “He thinks he has all the solutions, but he has no experience.”

During his stop in Benson, the congressman said that three years ago, he was about the only member of Congress talking about the need to secure the border through enforcement.

The issue is now throughout the nation, and other members of Congress are seeing the need to do something now, he said.

“The president and my party need to have public pressure,” Tancredo said.

So far, increased pressure is helping some see the need to act. “They are seeing the light because they are feeling the heat,” Tancredo said.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It's no surprise the House has got it's game together...that's what happens when you are held accountable to the voters every 2 years.

The senate is just a big boys club that prefers to do nothing...and I mean BOTH sides of the aisle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's no surprise the House has got it's game together...that's what happens when you are held accountable to the voters every 2 years.

The senate is just a big boys club that prefers to do nothing...and I mean BOTH sides of the aisle.

I understand the Democrats wanting to cuddle the illegals. The Republicans that don't have the spine to address the problem are the biggest disgrace
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand the Democrats wanting to cuddle the illegals. The Republicans that don't have the spine to address the problem are the biggest disgrace

I expect the dems to be lowlife pieces of shit, that is in their racist charter after all
It has really surprised me to watch the republicans sit back and do nothing while our
country has been invaded by the unbelievable scum that has been coming here
we gave them both houses, the presidency and numerous lesser offices all across the US
they have no excuse, they have  completely betrayed all of the Citizens and all of the Soldiers
that have died to protect this country and safegard its Citizens, their complicity is obscene........
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Senators have been compared to kings. I think the comparison is valid myself. Term limits and making them come up for election every 4 years at the most would help clean the Senate up. Chances of this happening is about the same chance as a snowball has in hell. McCain runs for president I plan on staying at home and not voting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I expect the dems to be lowlife pieces of shit, that is in their racist charter after all
It has really surprised me to watch the republicans sit back and do nothing while our
country has been invaded by the unbelievable scum that has been coming here
we gave them both houses, the presidency and numerous lesser offices all across the US
they have no excuse, they have  completely betrayed all of the Citizens and all of the Soldiers
that have died to protect this country and safegard its Citizens, their complicity is obscene........

I could not possibly agree more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]

In a telephone interview, Tancredo critic Douglas Mayor Ray Borane said the congressman may say he understands border issues, but he doesn’t.

Tancredo has found a small, dedicated vocal following because he has been outspoken on more enforcement on the border, the mayor said. “It’s not that simple,” he said.

Being a border mayor, Borane said he has worked immigration issues directly because he understands the two cultures involved in the problem.

In the past, the mayor has called for a guest-worker program, but with assurances there will be no amnesty.

People such as Tancredo come and make a visit to the border and fly back to Washington, D.C., without understanding all the nuances involved with the problem, the mayor said.

“I wish he would stop all the posturing,” Borane said. “He thinks he has all the solutions, but he has no experience.”

Anyone in AZ care to fill us in on this guy.  Useful idiot, tool, sympathizer, sour grapes... what?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Anyone in AZ care to fill us in on this guy.  Useful idiot, tool, sympathizer, sour grapes... what?

"understands the TWO cultures" and "understand ALL the nuances"
I bet he is an illegal sympathizer
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I must be a fucking expert, too. I understand the two cultures. American Law Enforcement, and Illegal Immigrant Criminals.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually a lot of republicans want the mexicans here.  They want their vote and they want the illegal cheap labor that they provide.   Majority of the mexicans are devout catholics and the right sees them as preferential to the lefties that are already here.

So there is no real push by either side to stem the tide of illegals.  

It will take something huge like another attack that is traced back to illegals crossing the mexican border that will get anything done.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Actually a lot of republicans want the mexicans here.  They want their vote and they want the illegal cheap labor that they provide.   Majority of the mexicans are devout catholics and the right sees them as preferential to the lefties that are already here.

It will take something huge like another attack that is traced back to illegals crossing the mexican border that will get anything done.

Interesting that you think that ARDOC.
The polls I have seen show a steady 75%, or even more, who want illegal immigration stopped and those here illegally deported.  Rarely have I seen Americans that unified on ANY issue.  Yet the politicians do nothing. They betray us and our nation.  Saying what I think should be done about that would violate the COC.

A recent FOX poll showed 91% held those views.  And considering that there are 30million illegals here in the US - that's 10 percent of the population - what does that tell you?

Yeah, there are some sleazy business people that would to keep using the cheap labor and I suspect those are the Republicans you are talking about.  

End illegal immigration.
Punish those hiring them.
Give them a time limit to GTFO or spend some time in a labor camp building the Wall.
And any incursions by Mexican military or police should be met with absolute force bent on wiping the invaders from the face of the Earth.
When captured, illegals should not get a free ride back to visit their family, they can make license plates or build the Wall.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting that you think that ARDOC.
The polls I have seen show a steady 75%, or even more, who want illegal immigration stopped and those here illegally deported.  Rarely have I seen Americans that unified on ANY issue.  Yet the politicians do nothing. They betray us and our nation.  Saying what I think should be done about that would violate the COC.

A recent FOX poll showed 91% held those views.  And considering that there are 30million illegals here in the US - that's 10 percent of the population - what does that tell you?

Yeah, there are some sleazy business people that would to keep using the cheap labor and I suspect those are the Republicans you are talking about.  

End illegal immigration.
Punish those hiring them.
Give them a time limit to GTFO or spend some time in a labor camp building the Wall.
And any incursions by Mexican military or police should be met with absolute force bent on wiping the invaders from the face of the Earth.
When captured, illegals should not get a free ride back to visit their family, they can make license plates or build the Wall.

The American Citizens are definitely pissed about the illegals......including MOST of the hispanics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top