Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 5:51:12 PM EDT
Goofy stuff happens to me.  Stuff that never happened to me while I was in the military.  Ergo, the thread title.

And here's the latest:

Just before Christmas 2003, my GF and I broke up.  She visited at Thanksgiving, and left of her Christmas gifts to me.

Christmas rolls around, and I open them.  I unwrapped one, and it was a box of Capri Sun - you know that foil-package-super-sugar-stab-with-a-straw drink.

So I'm thinking, "Well, that's an interesting gift."  I've never tasted Capri Sun - just never appealed to me.  So I put it in the cabinet.

And Christmas 2004 rolls around.

And then Christmas 2005.

And today while I'm putting away groceries, I see the box of Capri Sun in the back of the cabinet.  

I'm thinking maybe I'll check the expiration date and try one.  I'm reloading today, so what's left of my mind is looking for stimulation - maybe a good jolt of sugar will do something.

I can't find any date on the box.  So I figure I'll open it and look on the package.

I open the box and find 2 books, a MASH t-shirt, and a DVD set of the entire first season of MASH - Season One Collector's Edition.

I never even thought to open the box 2 years ago - just thought Capri Sun was a different sort of gift.

I think I'm finally starting to realize why I'm single.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
thats some funny shit
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thats some funny shit

Ditto.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Not boring, but it reminds me of the time we went over to shelbyville during the war, I wore an onion on my belt....which was the style at the time...you couldnt get those white ones, you could only get those big yellow ones.................now where was I........oh yeah, the important thing was I was wearing an onion on my nelt, which was the style at the time, you couldnt get those... (trails off)

J/K. That is a pretty funny story. It sounds eerily similar to something I would have done.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]
please, please tell me that you told her.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, it was boring.

G
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
please, please tell me that you told her.

It's been more than 6 months since we've spoken.  So, "No."

I are a dumbass.

She probably wondered why I didn't include the DVD and books in my 'thank you.'
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I kinda had the opposite thing happen.

This year we got a gift from our next door neighbor. We opened it and saw a box for an iron. You know for pressing out clothes. Well anyway, we wondered what was actually in the box. It was, in fact, an iron.

We're still not sure why she decided we needed an iron or if she was scambing for a gift at the last minute or if we had been regifted. Whatever was the case, it was the thought that counted, and we did need a new iron. She had no way of knowing that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This year we got a gift from our next door neighbor. We opened it and saw a box for an iron. You know for pressing out clothes. Well anyway, we wondered what was actually in the box. It was, in fact, an iron.

We're still not sure why she decided we needed an iron or if she was scambing for a gift at the last minute or if we had been regifted. Whatever was the case, it was the thought that counted, and we did need a new iron. She had no way of knowing that.

Maybe your wife mentioned the need for a new iron.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
One time at band camp..................................
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Capri sun is a good
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 thats exactly what I was thinking
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I asked her that. The wife claims she never even mentioned an iron. We did have a small "travel" sized iron that worked fine. It just wasn't ideal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I asked her that. The wife claims she never even mentioned an iron. We did have a small "travel" sized iron that worked fine. It just wasn't ideal.

Maybe your neighbor noticed that you wear wrinkled shirts a lot and figured you didn't have an iron .
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maybe your neighbor noticed that you wear wrinkled shirts a lot and figured you didn't have an iron .

Could very well be.

Is anyone else craving a Capri-Sun or is it just me?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yes, it was boring.

G

At least you weren't disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could very well be.

Is anyone else craving a Capri-Sun or is it just me?

Yep.  After 2 freaking years of sitting on the shelf I finally decide to try one.

Open the box and it's a DVD, books and a shirt.  

There's gotta be some irony in there somewhere.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, it was boring.

G

At least you weren't disappointed.

Fair point.

G
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

And today while I'm putting away groceries, I see the box of Capri Sun in the back of the cabinet.  

I'm thinking maybe I'll check the expiration date and try one.  I'm reloading today, so what's left of my mind is looking for stimulation - maybe a good jolt of sugar will do something.

At this point in the story I thought you were going to say that you decided to shoot the packets, and she saw you doing it.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I was thinking it had fermented in the cupboard, and tasted like "Mikes Hard Lemonade"!  

I was getting ready to go get some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top