Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 4:48:06 PM EDT

Critically injured suspect was out on bail for previous shooting

WABC Eyewitness News' Stacey Sager

(Farragut, Brooklyn -WABC, January 21, 2006)

Police in Brooklyn were involved in an early morning shootout with a man carrying an Uzi. But it's not the first time this suspect has been in the crosshairs of the NYPD.

It happened on Utica Avenue in Farragut.

Stacey Sager is live with the details.

One thing is clear about the suspect in this case: he doesn't like getting kicked out of clubs and restaurants. He was kicked out of local restaurant last June for smoking and the owner says the man nearly killed him. The this morning he was turned away from a club right up the street and that posed problems too: a shootout with police that left the gunman in critical condition.

It was just after 4:30 Saturday morning authorities say, that a 25-year-old man, Damien Henry, began firing at police on Utica Avenue.

The alleged weapon was a 9 mm Uzi. Al Zirino, who owns the bakery and ice cream shop up the block says he saw the whole thing on his surveillance video, which is now in the hands of police.

Al Zirino, Store Owner: "You could see it on the cameras and it went for about 30 seconds. There was a lot of rounds on the floor."

Police Tell us Damien Henry had tried to enter an after-hours club, showing a bouncer the Uzi. That's when someone at the club called police.

Meanwhile, the woman behind the door, who says she's the gunman's mother, had little to say about her son's criminal past.

Henry is out on bail for another shooting in June at a restaurant nearby, where the owner tells us Henry nearly killed him.

Police tell us the gun in that case was the same gun used by Allen Cameron in the November shooting that killed Brooklyn police officer Dillon Stewart.

Al Zirino: "When the system lets these guys hit the street, it makes it bad for everybody."

We can also tell you people in this neighborhood considered Damien Henry to be close friends of Allen Cameron, who is accused of killing that police officer.

Henry was accused of shooting another police officer bad in 2002 but was acquitted in that case. Today the police commissioner is saying this man should have never been out on the street.

(Copyright 2006 WABC-TV)

abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=3833879

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Why was he acquitted in 2002????????????? Over?????????
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if it's an illegal SBR/MG?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You can only hope.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Given that this guy can't even legally own firearms of any kind, I bet that it is illegal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Kind of a bitch toting an UZI around when you are tryig to have a drink, relax, and talk to some girls. What the hell is wrong with that guy?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
uzi does it
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a stolen gun linked in a murder.
It is atleast an sbr. Can't tell about FA.

Man has prior convictions, too.

Am I the only one that would have shot this fucker until he was dead 3 times over?
Now I know why I'm not a cop.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on guys, the gun obviously made him do it. If it wasn't for the states nearby that sell evil baby killing assault weapons to anybody that wants one at gun shows, this would have never happened. The gun probably jumped up in his hands as he was innocently walking down the street on his way to donate his clothes to an orphanage, and forced him to act like a madman. If only the gun laws in New York were more strict, this kind of thing would never happen. This guy would be out earning his PHD or something instead of shooting at cops and babies. When will the nearby states learn from the wisdom of New York and ban all their guns too, so poor hapless victims like this guy will never be forced to attack people again?!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Am I the only one that would have shot this fucker until he was dead 3 times over?

Not likely a SBR more likely one of those stupid things with the silly looking 16" tube sticking out the front.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely a SBR more likely one of those stupid things with the silly looking 16" tube sticking out the front.

Not trying to be a smart arse, but..
The picture tells no lies... that is  a photo from the crime scene, isn't it??
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to be a smart arse, but..
The picture tells no lies... that is  a photo from the crime scene, isn't it??

Ban hacksaws
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#13]
BS.. criminals can't get guns in NY.  There's all those laws and such.

This was obviously staged so Bloomey can push his national gun control agenda.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Come on guys, the gun obviously made him do it. If it wasn't for the states nearby that sell evil baby killing assault weapons to anybody that wants one at gun shows, this would have never happened. The gun probably jumped up in his hands as he was innocently walking down the street on his way to donate his clothes to an orphanage, and forced him to act like a madman. If only the gun laws in New York were more strict, this kind of thing would never happen. This guy would be out earning his PHD or something instead of shooting at cops and babies. When will the nearby states learn from the wisdom of New York and ban all their guns too, so poor hapless victims like this guy will never be forced to attack people again?!!

My sentiments exactly.  Blame the object, not the person holding said object, it's the liberal way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, there is a pic of the gun in question in the FIRST POST OF THE THREAD.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#16]
"Henry was accused of shooting another police officer bad in 2002 but was acquitted in that case."

This is a big red flag

"Today the police commissioner is saying this man should have never been out on the street."

What a concept
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like an Uzi to me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#18]
 guns R illegal in NYC
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#19]
What's legal go to do with it. FIY: you can own guns in NYC, just nothing fun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I sincerely hope for our sake that it was truly illegal weapon (real Uzi, smuggled in); but who cares, Bloomberg will paint another set of horns on law-abiding gun owners in the coming hours/days at some anti-gun circle-jerk press-conference.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#21]
He was turnin his life aroun.  Jus de pigs keepin a brutha down.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]
if you look close you can see it has a slotted bolt that makes it either a semi, an illegal conversion or a registered bolt. my guess is it is a semi with a fbi barrel in it
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the type of gun someone from Ted Kennedy's security would carry...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Lies! Lies! Lies! We all know that those kind of weapons are not allowed in NY.  

This is obviously a setup.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Here's a link to the video story:

Video Story
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#26]
from the looks of the pic, I'd say its a semi with a home hacksaw job on the barrel, the barrel is shorter than the normal SMG barrel, and I cant think of many reasons why a real SMG owner would chop theirs any shorter
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#27]
The justice system failed and more people nearly died.

Where's Vic Mackey when you need him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Good thing the perp was packing a 9mm or somebody could have gotten hurt.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I love how the reporter emphasized the "9mm OOOOOZZZZII" part.

The reporter is also a douchebag for harassing the guys mother through her door.

Man that bouncer was a fat fucker.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I thought uzis were banned in NY? Gun bans work, right?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#32]
If the rounds where on the floor, how was he shooting?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If the rounds where on the floor, how was he shooting?

he must have been using a USA brand magazine and it was spitting rounds out through the feed lips as he shot
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

once it hit NY it was
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#35]

those kinds of crimes dont happen there because of the success of gun control.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#36]
"Do you know why your son had an ooooooozzeeeee?"

What a fucking bitch! The guy is a damned 25yo adult, he does his own shit leave his fucking mom out of it. Gun ownership doesnt require a reason in this country asshole so stfu. But he shot at cops and was wrong so lock his ass up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Critically injured suspect was out on bail for previous shooting

not the first time this suspect has been in the crosshairs of the NYPD.

He was kicked out of local restaurant last June for smoking and the owner says the man nearly killed him. Then this morning he was turned away from a club right up the street and that posed problems too: a shootout with police that left the gunman in critical condition.

criminal past.

Henry is out on bail for another shooting in June at a restaurant nearby, where the owner tells us Henry nearly killed him.

Police tell us the gun in that case was the same gun used by Allen Cameron in the November shooting that killed Brooklyn police officer Dillon Stewart.

Al Zirino: "When the system lets these guys hit the street, it makes it bad for everybody."

Damien Henry to be close friends of Allen Cameron, who is accused of killing that police officer.

shooting another police officer in 2002 but was acquitted

the police commissioner is saying this man should have never been out on the street.

But we need more "gun control" according to the news media and the political left
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#38]

You can't own an 000zzziiiii in NYC!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
"Henry was accused of shooting another police officer bad in 2002 but was acquitted in that case."

This is a big red flag

Right, because people accused of crimes are ALWAYS guilty.

"Today the police commissioner is saying this man should have never been out on the street."

What a concept

Hey, if he was acquitted, it means a court decided he was not guilty.  So why shouldn't he have been on the street?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Here's hoping the perp is in ALOT of pain right now.

Well, stupid SHOULD hurt.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Here's a link to the video story:

Video Story

Holy Shit!

Damien is one F'ed up SOB, and is lucky he isn't dead

and how about his friend, the cop killer? WTF?

and that Bouncer? WTF was he thinking? Damien shows him the UZI, and someone else notifies the cops?

Thats some fv<ked up stuff right there.

and

Originally Posted By: 1BMF

Do you know why your son had an ooooooozzeeeee?"

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#42]
99% of the people that read this story will think that guy just walked in and bought that gun at a store.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Another illegal firearm used for violence, NOOOOOOOOOOOO Ya Don't say
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top