Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 2:23:49 PM EDT
I've noticed that the paint or finish is chipping on my M1A Synthetic stock at the points where the receiver and trigger assembly make contact on the stock.  Is this normal?  It doesn't really bother me because I didn't buy the thing to look nice and pretty and when the rifle is in one piece the chips are barely visible. I figure that wear like that will happen once I begin to take it into the field... however, I haven't even fired it yet!
Whats the deal???

Thanks ahead of time...
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they are standard GI synthetics that are all gussied up by Springfield. Mine has chipped and flaked , too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to this web site they have a lot of M1A stocks and Fred is the best one to ask.Good luck

www.fredsm14stocks.com/catalog.asp
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Negative go to;

www.sparrowhawkm14.com Freds is so yesterday[;)]

If it's a repainted G.I synthetic then yes it will wear off at the pinch points. Mine does too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The brown USGI ones scratch easy. The ones with wrinkle paint scratch even easier...
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up my new M1A, and noticed that the stock was just a little too shiny, so after breaking down the rifle, I painted it with Krylon Ultra flat black, and BOY, what a difference! Now, it looks like it means business. I once saw an (YECH!) SKS that was parkerized and had an OD stock, and it looked pretty damn sharp. I'm debating wether or not to try this on my M1A. Any opinions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top