Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 1:43:06 PM EDT

Ruger.

I was flipping through their catalog the other day.

O/U and SxS shotguns
Bolt action rifles both rimfire  and centerfire
Lever action rifles both rimfire  and centerfire
Semi auto pistols both rimfire  and centerfire
SA revolvers both rimfire  and centerfire
DA revolvers  centerfire
Single shot rifle
BP revolver
Muzzleloading rifle (may be d/c. Didn't see it in the catalog, but IIRC they had one.)
pistol cal carbine

Even assault rifles of a sort ie mini 30 and 14.

The only things missing in their lineup would be semi auto shotguns, DA rimfire, single shot rimfire, and single shot pistols.

While you may not like the late B.R.'s  politics( I sure didn't), Ruger has a product line that is unequalled.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea,good quality for the money,and IIRC they also do a lot of casting work for the rest of the firearms industry as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
they even have full autos in the form of the select-fire mini-14
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
they do casting for just about every industry
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yea,good quality for the money,and IIRC they also do a lot of casting work for the rest of the firearms industry as well.

Not just firearms casting.
Rugers investment casting is used by several major golf club manufacturers, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

AC556 was discontinued due to overuseage of petroleum in the auto sear production
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, I had to check the header to be sure I was on the AR Forum.  Didn't think there were many people here willing to admit Ruger does so much for the industry.  I own a bunch of their products, and never have any problems with any of them

The Bill Ruger politics thing is no worse than Colt's pin and sear block thing on their ARs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They even make golf clubs.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruger even made a 9mm sub machine gun.....but it went no where.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AC556 was discontinued due to overuseage of petroleum in the auto sear production

good thing i have a synthetic stock on my 10/22, we probably won't be able to buy those in the near future due to overusage of petroleum in manufacturing the plastic
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#10]
<----Owner of:
MII pistol
P89
GP-101
Blackhawk
Super Blackhawk
10/22

Each one is a great gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They even make golf clubs.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

The firearms industry is a really small part of Ruger.  They make some componets for the Apache helocopter, and jet engine turbine blades etc.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#12]
What about Beretta, if we're sticking to guns?

EBRs, shotguns of all types, pistols, rifles, etc.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#13]
One great thing about Ruger is that, as a company, it has absolutely no debt.  In a very competive and mature market, Ruger has done very well.  The 77 is a good centerfire rifle for the money and Ruger dominates the rimfire market with the 10/22 and MkII.  I think the marketing for their handguns is a little off; unlike long guns, the middle of the market is not where you want to be.  I am a little surprised that they have not taken on Remington where it would really hurt:  pump and semi shotguns.

They have actually sold off quite a bit of the casting business, and are now more focused on firearms than they used to be.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What about Beretta, if we're sticking to guns?

EBRs, shotguns of all types, pistols, rifles, etc.

+1 for "More evil than Ruger" reasons alone. I shot a Cx4 Storm over the weekend (Thanks swingset!) and was instantly hooked. They've got everything.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Berreta is much more widespread than Ruger in terms of firearms.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
GIAT is probably larger and their rifles will group rather than just pattern.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Beretta is the most comprehensive firearms manufacturer.

Not to mention friendlier to gun owners rights.

Don't get me wrong, I probably own more Ruger firearms than any other manufacturers, but they are lacking in the Semi-Auto Shotgun and Semi-Auto Pistol depts.  But they do make one hell of a beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Didn't think about Beretta!

good point.

Any others?

Beretta and Ruger in the same discussion.  Who'd a thunk it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Beretta is the most comprehensive firearms manufacturer.

Not to mention friendlier to gun owners rights.

Don't get me wrong, I probably own more Ruger firearms than any other manufacturers, but they are lacking in the Semi-Auto Shotgun and Semi-Auto Pistol depts.  But they do make one hell of a beautiful rifle.

And Beretta is one of the oldest companies in the world. They have been building guns since the 1500's

Handguns, rifles, shotguns, machine guns, knives and clothes.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Beretta was the first I thought of..
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Beretta's pistols, shotguns, and bolt actions (remember that they own Sako now) are much better than any of Ruger's comparable offerings. Not even a contest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top