Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 11:55:57 AM EDT
About shooting 49 terrorist with pig blood soaked bullets, burying them with pig stuffing and letting the 50th one go to tell the others.  Is it true?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't believe so.  I was a member of the ROTC Pershing Rifles fraternity, and never heard that story.

I believe instead you may be making a reference to what the British response to terrorism when they held the area of Palestine following WW I.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
As The Red Horseman has already pointed out, most likely false.  

Pershing went out of his way to avoid offending the muslims, and he never wrote it down in his diary or ever referred to such an event.

Also it wouldn't do any good.  If a muslim is killed while fighting the enemy, he goes to Paradise, regardless of what happens to his body or even any sins he might have comitted.  For instance, some of the 9/11 hijackers went to a strip club and boozed it up a week before 9/11, as they couldn't do any wrong.  Burying the Moros with pigs wouldn't have affected them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not me that wants to know.  A friend sent me that old e-mail.  I told him I knew of one source that would know the correct answer.  Snopes doesn't know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't bury me with no pig!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't believe so.  I was a member of the ROTC Pershing Rifles fraternity, and never heard that story.

I believe instead you may be making a reference to what the British response to terrorism when they held the area of Palestine following WW I.

Ed

Was that is response to the Palestinian terrorists, or the Zionist terrorists?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Never heard that story.  The one I did hear about was during the Phillippine insurrection and did not involve Pershing as I recall.  The story I read was about an Army officer whose interrogation technique involved threatening to execute captured Moro tribesmen and then bury their bodies wrapped in a pig skin.  Once he showed them the pig skin they sang like little birdies.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Never heard that story.  The one I did hear about was during the Phillippine insurrection and did not involve Pershing as I recall.  The story I read was about an Army officer whose interrogation technique involved threatening to execute captured Moro tribesmen and then bury their bodies wrapped in a pig skin.  Once he showed them the pig skin they sang like little birdies.

I believe that would be false as well as in Islam, being buried with pig entrails,blood, anything is not going to affect your state in paradise or your judgement; as you are not responsible for anything that happens to you that you don't have a choice over(for example, it is technically "okay" to eat pork as a Muslim, provided that you didn't know it was pork through either the people lieing to you about it, or it being a mistake in what was put in your meal).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Think that story is really about the Brits in India,,,rurmors were started by the Kabilist that the ole ammo was greased with pig fat,,so the Brits pungis wouldn't load and shoot ,,used thier kurkas instead,,and died til rumor was dispelled,,then they were pissed and became a force to be reconed with
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]
True or not, it still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside every time I think of it.

-K
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe that would be false as well as in Islam, being buried with pig entrails,blood, anything is not going to affect your state in paradise or your judgement; as you are not responsible for anything that happens to you that you don't have a choice over(for example, it is technically "okay" to eat pork as a Muslim, provided that you didn't know it was pork through either the people lieing to you about it, or it being a mistake in what was put in your meal).

It may be false according to Islam but it worked in the book....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It may be false according to Islam but it worked in the book....

yeah, most Muslim extremists tend to be pretty ignorant in what is wrong and what is right according to their religion.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Just a note, it's Black Jack Pershing, not Jack Black Pershing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed

Was that is response to the Palestinian terrorists, or the Zionist terrorists?

___

Palestinian terrorists.  Period.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#15]
So why not make it a reality?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top