Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 9:11:03 PM EDT
If this story doesn't make you sick, nothing will.

This little bastard went to Yemen and took up arms against the U.S. Now he wants to get out of prison early. I doubt that any of the family members of people massacred on 9-11-01 would share Walker Lindh' father's sentiments about him being a "decent and honorable young man who became involved in a spirtual quest." In my world, most decent and honorable people don't take up arms against their fellow citizens.

He should get out of prison the same way Tookie Williams did, in a box. Walker Lindh committed treason against the U.S. For that, he should have been executed, leaving one less huge stinking piece of shit in the world.

Jan. 19, 2006, 10:17PM

'American Taliban's' father campaigns for lesser sentence
By RONE TEMPEST
Los Angeles Times

SAN FRANCISCO - His son is serving time in a Mojave Desert federal prison. But Frank Lindh, the ever-loyal father of the young Marin County native the tabloids dubbed "the American Taliban," has not given up trying to get son John Walker Lindh out of jail.

Last month, defense attorneys petitioned President Bush for commutation of the 20-year, no-parole term the son received from a U.S. District Judge in 2002. The request is pending.

On Thursday at San Francisco's Commonwealth Club, Frank Lindh launched what he described as a long-shot campaign to win public support for the reduction in his son's sentence, which he blamed on public hysteria and media sensationalism in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks.

"This is the story of a decent and honorable young man who became involved in a spiritual quest and became the focus of the grief and anger of an entire nation," said Frank Lindh, several times fighting off tears.

He said his son, now 24, was issued an assault rifle and two hand grenades by the Taliban commanders, but never fired his weapon in combat. John Walker Lindh, the father said, met Osama bin Laden on two occasions in Afghanistan but came away unimpressed.

Winning support from the American public for a reduction in the sentence, Frank Lindh conceded, will be difficult.

"The odds are against it," Lindh said. "It is difficult to envision a situation where all those hotheads in Washington can turn around and recognize the kid got a raw deal."

Attorney James Brosnahan said the next step in the legal defense will be to challenge the federal Special Administrative Measures which ban John Lindh from speaking with reporters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If this story doesn't make you sick, nothing will.

This little bastard went to Yemen and took up arms against the U.S. Now he wants to get out of prison early. I doubt that any of the family members of people massacred on 9-11-01 would share Walker Lindh' father's sentiments about him being a "decent and honorable young man who became involved in a spirtual quest." In my world, most decent and honorable people don't take up arms against their fellow citizens.

He should get out of prison the same way Tookie Williams did, in a box. Walker Lindh committed treason against the U.S. For that, he should have been executed, leaving one less huge stinking piece of shit in the world.

Jan. 19, 2006, 10:17PM

'American Taliban's' father campaigns for lesser sentence
By RONE TEMPEST
Los Angeles Times

SAN FRANCISCO - His son is serving time in a Mojave Desert federal prison. But Frank Lindh, the ever-loyal father of the young Marin County native the tabloids dubbed "the American Taliban," has not given up trying to get son John Walker Lindh out of jail.

Last month, defense attorneys petitioned President Bush for commutation of the 20-year, no-parole term the son received from a U.S. District Judge in 2002. The request is pending.

On Thursday at San Francisco's Commonwealth Club, Frank Lindh launched what he described as a long-shot campaign to win public support for the reduction in his son's sentence, which he blamed on public hysteria and media sensationalism in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks.

"This is the story of a decent and honorable young man who became involved in a spiritual quest and became the focus of the grief and anger of an entire nation," said Frank Lindh, several times fighting off tears.

He said his son, now 24, was issued an assault rifle and two hand grenades by the Taliban commanders, but never fired his weapon in combat. John Walker Lindh, the father said, met Osama bin Laden on two occasions in Afghanistan but came away unimpressed.

Winning support from the American public for a reduction in the sentence, Frank Lindh conceded, will be difficult.

"The odds are against it," Lindh said. "It is difficult to envision a situation where all those hotheads in Washington can turn around and recognize the kid got a raw deal."

Attorney James Brosnahan said the next step in the legal defense will be to challenge the federal Special Administrative Measures which ban John Lindh from speaking with reporters.

I don't see a problem with what his father is doing. You would want your father to do the same on your behalf. I also have no doubt he was a decent and honorable young man that went on a spiritual quest (he fucked up after that). Islam is poison, It can and will destroy all of us if we give it the tiniest chance (it may be to late).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The perpetrator is Islamic, I think punishment under Islamic Sharia should be applied.
ie. Chop his head off with a sword or stone him to death
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]
He KNEW exactly what he was doing when he went over there to take up arms against his country. Let him out early in a body bag.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#4]
He's 24 and got a 20 year sentence. That means he will be out when he is 44, still young enough to have some sort of a life. 20 years is a long time, but based on fighting with the enemy, and his age, seems pretty generous.

ADD: And let's say, by some unfair miracle, he was let out right now. Do you think he would drop to his knees and praise Bush and the government officials who commuted his sentence? I doubt it. You'd probably see him popping up on all kind of lefty news shows talking about the misguided war on terror and how we "just don't understand".
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
In a perfect world...

US---><---This Asshat

Shoot him.

Shoot his son, too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I think he should consider himself lucky that he wasn't sentenced to hang.  20 years is WAY too lenient for his crime.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He's 24 and got a 20 year sentence. That means he will be out when he is 44, still young enough to have some sort of a life. 20 years is a long time, but based on fighting with the enemy, and his age, seems pretty generous.

ADD: And let's say, by some unfair miracle, he was let out right now. Do you think he would drop to his knees and praise Bush and the government officials who commuted his sentence? I doubt it. You'd probably see him popping up on all kind of lefty news shows talking about the misguided war on terror and how we "just don't understand".

Actually, I think he was 20 or 21 when he started serving his sentence. So, he might be around 40 when he gets out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#8]
The guy may very well have been caught up in a bad situation, and yes, he did become the focus of our nation's anger.
Oh well.
Make better decisions next time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#9]
As I said in the other thread, someone should have parked a bullet in his cranium before he ever left Afghanistan.  Here's hoping for a few patriotic inmates with nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#10]
His father is a Homosexual who betrayed his family by walking out on them to be with a Man

(RatBoy was allegedly a teenager at this time, no doubt this must have had a negative impact on him)

Yes RatBoy should have been executed for his involvement in AL Q

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#11]
The kid's still breathing? We shoulda strung his ass up as soon as the guilty verdict came through.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#12]
My buddy was in the sandbox and at the same base, they had him 4 pointed in a conex box 24/7.  Said the MP's would throw rocks at the box all day, I guess the weather there was pretty bad at the time, he was stripped of clothes and only the cargo straps kept him warm at night and cool in the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top