BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:07:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Concentrate on keeping your kids away from the trailer trash.  Just ignore them unless they start to impact your life with their life style.  Worry about your kids is enough stress, no need to worry about someone else's.

Do you have a homeowner's association?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Get together with your neighbors and start filing complaints on everything you see them do.  Complain about the excessive noisy traffic at night, about the dog if it even looks crossways at anything, on the family if they don't keep their grass to specified height, if they park a car in the street for too many days...ect.

You might not be able to anything to directly get them to move away but if you make living there a pain in the ass they find some place else to live.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Tannerite.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Won't be easy, but it's best not to let it get started. If he does anything, call the law.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Is tony short for tyrone....look it has the same letters
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My wife and I had an interesting conversation tonight. She's at our kids elementary school quite often and knows their respective teachers quite well. She retells me of a conversation she had with my son's third grade teacher about a new student that came in after Thanksgiving. Now keep in mind that this is a THIRD grader I'm talking about.

1) The kid, let's call him "Tony" never turns in his homework.
2) "Tony" claims to be doing drugs, smoking and drinking.
3) The kid looks like he's actually stoned while in class
4) He gets reduced/free lunches because they're low income
5) Tony's mom has recently been released from prison. She's also apparently looks young enough to be a high school student.
6) Tony's uncle is also a recent parolee living in the same house
7) The teacher told us that the police had said uncle in handcuffs in the school parking lot one day.
8) My wife has seen Tony walking a Pit Bull around the neighborhood - not exactly someone responsible enough to handle that animal I would say.

Now, it turns out that he lives in *our* neighborhood. We live in a nice suburban nieghborhood and nothing has happened around here in the 12 years we've lived here. As a matter of fact, he's right around the corner of some very close friends of ours whose daughters are the same ages as our kids and good friends. Their mom told us that he pushed her daughter (also in third grade) down on the ground and tried to hump her. The house has people coming and going at all times too.

So now the question is: How can they afford that house. The mom of the daughter mentioned above said that apparently one of their close relatives is a NFL player. When we got home, I checked the address for a name, which does happen to be the same surname as Tony's. The house is appraised at around $200,000, so it's a decent spread. I check the owner's name against the NFL rosters, and sure enough - there is a rookie playing for an NFL team by that name, and not only that, but he went to high school here in town as well. That part of the story sure seems to check out.

I really don't know what to think about all this. It's sad that this kid's life is most certainly going to have an unhappy ending, and it won't be his fault. Regardless - I now have to worry about my third grader being exposed to that, and I'm not a happy camper. This has nothing to do with being to aloof to handle someone with a lower income; we're genuinely worried for the safety of our kids and the neighborhood in general.

[Edited for syntax]

No charges filed?
If not, WTF are her parents doing???
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife and I had an interesting conversation tonight. She's at our kids elementary school quite often and knows their respective teachers quite well. She retells me of a conversation she had with my son's third grade teacher about a new student that came in after Thanksgiving. Now keep in mind that this is a THIRD grader I'm talking about.

5) Tony's mom has recently been released from prison. She's also apparently looks young enough to be a high school student.
7) The teacher told us that the police had said uncle in handcuffs in the school parking lot one day.
8) My wife has seen Tony walking a Pit Bull around the neighborhood - not exactly someone responsible enough to handle that animal I would say.

Now, it turns out that he lives in *our* neighborhood. We live in a nice suburban nieghborhood and nothing has happened around here in the 12 years we've lived here. As a matter of fact, he's right around the corner of some very close friends of ours whose daughters are the same ages as our kids and good friends. Their mom told us that he pushed her daughter (also in third grade) down on the ground and tried to hump her. The house has people coming and going at all times too.

So now the question is: How can they afford that house. The mom of the daughter mentioned above said that apparently one of their close relatives is a NFL player. When we got home, I checked the address for a name, which does happen to be the same surname as Tony's. The house is appraised at around $200,000, so it's a decent spread. I check the owner's name against the NFL rosters, and sure enough - there is a rookie playing for an NFL team by that name, and not only that, but he went to high school here in town as well. That part of the story sure seems to check out.

I really don't know what to think about all this. It's sad that this kid's life is most certainly going to have an unhappy ending, and it won't be his fault. Regardless - I now have to worry about my third grader being exposed to that, and I'm not a happy camper. This has nothing to do with being to aloof to handle someone with a lower income; we're genuinely worried for the safety of our kids and the neighborhood in general.

[Edited for syntax]

No charges filed?

Drugs, I would imagine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Baltimore City has a program where they move innercity types out into the 'burbs.

The whole "nature" -vs- "nurture" thing.

The idea is that if you put a scumbag in a good setting, they will play well with others.  

Basically, it exports crime to nice neighborhoods like yours.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Sometimes you just have to wait it out. Likely they will get foreclosed on but it may be 12-24 months. In the mean time explain to your daughter that you do not associate with people who act like Tony. Shoot the dog first chance you get.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing a well aimed "stray bullet" can't fix.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Baltimore City has a program where they move innercity types out into the 'burbs.

The idea is that if you put a scumbag in a good setting, they will play well with others.  

Well that sounds like a winning fucking program.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
zhukov, so you have some pollyanna like expectation that everyone in suburbia is a boyscout?

if so, take off the rose colored glasses and welcome to the reality that there are scumbags everywhere...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a "family" next door to me..... Fucking lovely bunch too....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to life..............you’ll live
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The idea is that if you put a scumbag in a good setting, they will play well with others.  hborhoods

There are Federal programs, I think, that subsidize this kind of stuff (HOC? Housing Opportunity Commision or the like?).

If so, there is a silver lining, believe it or not. I am told that if the beneficiaries of these programs misbehave, they can be kicked out. At our homeowner's association meeting we were told to complain about every time these characters misbehave; file charges, make complaints, etc. It can eventually get them evicted if they are on the dole.

Find out if this is the case, and make their case manager your best buddy. Look into it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I could tell you to put sugar in the gas tank, but I won't- that wouldn't be nice. I could also tell you to put anti-freeze out for the dog, but don't do that, it would be cruel. And I could also tell you to burn down the house when they're not home, but, Gosh darn it, that wouldn't be neighborly, so, don't do it.

And I won't tell you to shoot shovel and shut up about the offending persons either. That would be illegal if you did that.

And not nice.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't worry it won't last long.

They will go back to jail, eventually.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Buy 10 acres in the country and put a double wide on it.  Fuck suburbia....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, had a similar thing happen where I used to live, in Seattle.  A house across the street was owned by an absentee landlord from California who had put the house in the "Section 8" housing program (city-backed rental plan for lowlife scum).  There had been a longterm tenant in the place who was pretty decent, but that guy got sick and tired of all the problems with the house that the landlord refused to fix -- things like no heat for two years (the furnace had completely broken down), a leaking roof, that sort of thing -- things which the landlord was legally obligated to fix, but refused to do.  Anyway, said tenant got sick and tired of paying for substandard housing and left.  Oh, yeah, he totally trashed what was left of the place before he moved out -- I don't blame him a bit.

Unfortunately, the scumbag landlord decided to fix the place up to the bare minimums and keep renting it out to lowlifes.  The new batch were a white woman and her two half-black kids (each by a different black father) and her current white boyfriend.  The woman and her boyfriend were ok, but the kids were gang-member wannabees who brought all their garbage black friends into the neighborhood to break into cars and houses and to vandalize places.

I almost had the opportunity to put several loads of buckshot into one at 3am one night, but my front door was too sturdy.  Oh well.

Good luck, keep hassling them and maybe they'll get tired of it, or maybe their sugar uncle will lose his NFL contract and have to sell the house.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Get together with your neighbors and start filing complaints on everything you see them do.  Complain about the excessive noisy traffic at night, about the dog if it even looks crossways at anything, on the family if they don't keep their grass to specified height, if they park a car in the street for too many days...ect.

You might not be able to anything to directly get them to move away but if you make living there a pain in the ass they find some place else to live.

Kid from the neighborhood I live in, beat, raped, and left for dead an 8 year old girl.  He's 13.  As it turns out all the neighbors had frequent problems with the kid.  But nobody had done anything about it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:00:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Trailer trash isn't just in Trailers anymore. I have a neighbor I would just as soon plug as look at.
Thus far I have controlled my temper.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:15:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Trailer trash isn't just in Trailers anymore. I have a neighbor I would just as soon plug as look at.

Camcorder for the kid.

If you have a revolver or semi-auto pistol might I suggest mag-safe ammunition[I am aware that you live in  the burbs] for the boy's pet bull.

Check with your local gun shop for details.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Camcorder for the kid.

If you have a revolver or semi-auto pistol might I suggest mag-safe ammunition[I am aware that you live in  the burbs] for the boy's pet bull.

Check with your local gun shop for details.

Oh, I've got the neccesary supplies. Long before this began.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#29]
1) Report (anything down to the most miniscule technical violation).
2) Document.
3) Repeat ad infintum

Two words:  Paper Trail.

Serves dual purposes:  

1) Sure, yeah, maybe on some other planet, it might actually help.

2) A milquetoast Desk Jockey who carefully establishes him or herself with reams of careful documentation as one who goes to great effort to handle matters within the letter of the law,  has established a Pattern of Behavior, ie, of conduct scrupulously *within* the law.  Not like some "other" unknown quantity neighborhood vigilante
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Edited for syntax]

No charges filed?

Good point.  That's at least sexual assault.  Heck, a call to child services should be placed too.  If he's doing that, my guess is that his uncle and mommy are having sexual relations. Maybe his uncle is his daddy too.  When there's even a hint of some type of inappropriate sexual behaviour in a household, child services usually make those cases a priority.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that sounds like a winning fucking program.

Cities come up with programs like this all the time in order to economically diverisfy the area in order to prevent class stratification. (whatever that means).

I've also heard it prevents tham from concentrating all the poor welfare people in one area, which creates it's own special kind of hell.

Also, it might be cheaper for the city to spend it's welfare housing (from grants from HUD) on renting houses across the city than build welfare compounds (millions), maintain the properties (millions), and then tear the building down when the inmates inevitably tear the shit out of the building simply because it (the housing provided for them) didn't meet their (welfare resipients) expectations (millions).

I don't like either idea and firmly believe the .gov needs to be out of the business of providing housing, housing assistance, or .gov controls of the housing market.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Could be some fraudulant goings on with these [ex-wards of the state]people.

Folks like this usually will run a con with everyone they come in contact with.

You say ''uncle dick'' is on probation?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#33]

So now the question is: How can they afford that house. The mom of the daughter mentioned above said that apparently one of their close relatives is a NFL player. When we got home, I checked the address for a name, which does happen to be the same surname as Tony's. The house is appraised at around $200,000, so it's a decent spread. I check the owner's name against the NFL rosters, and sure enough - there is a rookie playing for an NFL team by that name, and not only that, but he went to high school here in town as well. That part of the story sure seems to check ou . . . .

My crystal ball says they're gone in three years. Of course, the intervening time could be "interesting" but I wouldn't count on your new neighbors to be exactly stable residents. I read somewhere that the average lottery winner is broke in 18 months. I imagine the proceeds from an NFL salary last about as long. Of course, he could have a very long, distinguished career. But, if you can judge people by the company they keep, I'd say that's doubtful . . .
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#34]
You've already gotten some good advice.  I see a lot of children/teenagers like this in my practice.  I call them 'Satan's Little Helpers'.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Because we can never get back to the Norman Rockwell way of life. MTV, CNN, the New York Times, etc.  have warped the next generations minds so their kids end up even worse. Watch the movie KIDS or Thirteen, these will be your "peers" in a couple of years!

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I don't like either idea and firmly believe the .gov needs to be out of the business of providing housing, housing assistance, or .gov controls of the housing market.

The government has, for the most part, gotten out of this business.

No new Section 8 units have come on line in years. It's all about the LIHTC now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Don't worry it won't last long.

They will go back to jail, eventually.

Bama's right.

Soon the Uncle and mother will find themselves back in jail and Tony will either go live with another relative or wind up in foster care. The NFL player will sell the house and life will be back to normal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#41]
And you could have a near 60 year old "jimmy" living next to you, who is just as bad if not worse than a 8 year old walking a pit bull.

Ya loads of fun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I smell smoke.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I have a "family" next door to me..... Fucking lovely bunch too....

+1.  My "Podunks" paint grafitti on their own house !!  If I see flames someone else will have to call the FD.  I call it urban renewal

rj
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If the boy was giving my child(ren) any sort of trouble beyond which I would brush-off as the normal crap that kids that age do I would talk to the boy and mother directly. ...quote]
-----------

Beg pardon, Paul, and addressed with all respect due to site staff:  Is the above WISE ?  It would almost of necessity involve setting foot onto the scum's property, or meeting them  on their own (percieved) turf.  At the very least one would be in a 'he said, she said, situation', and considering the institutionalised libtard prejudices (yes I said prejudices) favoring the words of a child or woman over those of a man, our aggrieved gentleman would be at greatest disadvantage.  

Personally I feel nothing in the way of sorrow for the 'thug life' third grader.  Yes, I am female and I was a social worker for over a decade.  I feel nothing for them, zero sympathy.  They breathe up good air and turn into even more destructive predators.   Let someone else with letters after his or her name try to "fix" them.   Excersize in futility.  

Gone are the days of hope for my nation.   We are seeing the Future.  And it is Here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Personally I feel nothing in the way of sorrow for the 'thug life' third grader.  Yes, I am female and I was a social worker for over a decade.  I feel nothing for them, zero sympathy.  They breathe up good air and turn into even more destructive predators.   Let someone else with letters after his or her name try to "fix" them.   Excersize in futility.  

Gone are the days of hope for my nation.   We are seeing the Future.  And it is Here.

Gad-Damn, I like your style!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Thank goodness I've already had several "drugs are bad" talks with my son. THIRD GRADE, for crying out loud though - I didn't think he'd need it that soon...

With 4 years as a juvinile officer, I can tell you it's earlier than that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#47]
So who is the NFL hero who is footing the bill for all this hilarity?

Seems to me that tales of his kin turning nice neighborhoods into gangstaland would play well with sports fans (especially of opposing teams) - if their precious little pit gets loose and chomps an infant, would the NFL hero be liable? (since he paid for the house)

His sports bucks are affecting YOUR neighborhood, so it seems turnabout is fair (to let the folks in HIS world know what a bunch of charmers he is supporting)

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I smell smoke.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Bingo!  Good legal mind at work here:

Quoted:
So who is the NFL hero who is footing the bill for all this hilarity?

Seems to me that tales of his kin turning nice neighborhoods into gangstaland would play well with sports fans (especially of opposing teams) - if their precious little pit gets loose and chomps an infant, would the NFL hero be liable? (since he paid for the house)

His sports bucks are affecting YOUR neighborhood, so it seems turnabout is fair (to let the folks in HIS world know what a bunch of charmers he is supporting)

I would beg to differ however , Merrill,  as regards the NFL sports fans caring one iota about the "behavior" for which Football Hero is footing the bill.

Nonetheless... "Deep Pockets" may be something worth looking into.  Does Football Hero *own* the hellhouse?  Is his name anywhere on the title, mortgage, etc?  If so ... *excellent*!  (all this requires some research, but By the Eternal !, since we are living in the days of the Great Society;  Socialism in all but name only, let us facilitate a little "Redistibution of Wealth").

Presuming Football Hero's name is to some or whole degree implicated in the ownership of Hellhouse, we move on to Step 2:

Investigate (so far as possible) homeowners insurance on the property AND Football Hero's assets (such as NFL contract)

3) Research every nuance of every law and ordinance regarding dogs, dog bites, leash laws, and what I will term "actual physical control" of the Pit Bull.   Let 'someone' document plenty of pictures/video of the dog

4) With *that* information, let "someone" -- or multiple folks-- (not even necesarily our good member Zhukoff) file, lodge, complain in clearly evident  legal ways, one or more civil/ legal documents/ reports about the Dangerous Dog.  

*NOW* for #5 (drumroll)  if and only if member Zhukoff or a likeminded soul is so inclined... it is Time for Egregious and Agravated Attack, Trauma from with One Does Not Recover (may need a shrink on this), plus Medical Bills.  Not for the faint of heart.  Nonethelss the payoff could be massive... even a suit against the city for not enforcing its dog control laws *after* having recieved complaints.

Scenario: One or more persons are out for a walk.  One may or may not be carrying a camera/ video cam.  Oh, yes, you are quite the nature-loving birdwatcher, landscaping/ architecture  buff or walking for fitness type (I forgot to mention that preliminary detail)  The film/ video will first have several shots of benign 'nature', 'landscape' or 'architecture' scenes.  Then, horror of horrors!  One is either attacked by the pit bull, or it barks/ jumps/lunges so threateningly that you (or the volunteer) HAS to RUN (and Mirabile Dictu! just happens to trip and fall)  Photos or video then show vague , non-focused, scrmbbling shots of sidewalk, sky, etc as photographer also RUNS for his or her life

Great commotion and the wail of ambulence sirens are just the latest chorus of Kumbaya.

Yes, yes... I plan to delete this post all in due time.

Adendum:  Yes something like this worked for me, although at the time the skank with the vicious dog had no assets, and I would have had to file a claim against my own homeowners' insurance.  My case was unplanned, however.  Former neighbor Skank  kept a dog (against homeowner's association dicta) either tied to a tree, or left loose to defecate "wherever" (aka my yard) instead of fenced.  I complained.  I documented.  I talked with both animal control and the animal shelter (yes, they informed me, if I trapped/ caught the loose dog in my yard, I could take it in to the "pound" free and clear)  The latter was my original plan... but before I could impliment it...

... I came home from teaching a morning excersise class, and the loose, unleashed, unfenced dog made a vicious lunge to attack me in my own driveway.  Fortunately, I carry a small easy-open knife on my key-chain (for opening  letters and boxes  of course), faced the attacking dog as I flipped open the blade, "offered" my left forearm to its jaws, lunged and bellowed at the top of my lungs, making my petite self as "big" as possible... *and aggressive*.  The dog turned tail, and no blood was shed.  Came *that* close.  

Documented and reported *everything* to anyone from city hall, to community homeowners' president.  Dog "disapeared" within two days.  Skank and her clan moved within two months.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top